Started by kid1293, May 27, 2017, 06:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Rowhouses Housing V2.3

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=305

Kid - Rowhouses Housing V2.3

"Small buildings for small places."

Made it modular. Here are the houses.
Added a new texture - Red tile roof with white walls and black trim.

Left/middle/right buildings - 1 floor/2 floors - straight/angled.
Most with model variations and 4 different textures with the f-key.

Necora

This row house set is one of my all time favorites! It is great to see more.

kid1293

Nice! Thank you!

I hope this is the final version.
I don't know if either you or I can take more updates.  ;)

RedKetchup

Kid has striked again :)

awesome job Kid :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Looks really great now with the red addition... and good move on the split  ;)

Quote from: kid1293 on May 27, 2017, 07:23:25 AMI hope this is the final version.

Tehehe...  :-X

:D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

@kid1293 , I like the new roof color, can we have some doors to match?   :D  Only kidding

kid1293

Abandoned

sorry, just couldn't resist.  The set looks great, love the new roofs.  :)

schueler

Dear kid,

I do wonder if it would be possible to share the template names of your rowhouses?

According to Owlchemist, who made the Tighter Roads mod it should be possible to change the building requirements of your rowhouses with a modmod.
I know you are not too keen on adding homewares and homesupplies as a requirement. But I'd like to give it a try to give my town a more coherent feeling.

Owlchemist on steam: "Yes you can do this. This is essentially how my Tighter Roads mod works, as it modifies the properties of buildings.

You'd have to make a mod that loads ontop of CC. And in this mod, you'd basically make template files that have the same filename as CC's templates. If you don't know what the filenames are (or can't guess), you'll have to ask the CC devs."

Since you have a lot of modding experience yourself, you think this is a feasible path to take?

Thank you very much.

kid1293

Do you have any modding experience to undertake this?
It is a lot of houses and the risk of making errors is large.

I don't say no. I just want to understand if you know what you are doing.

schueler

Not with banished, but I have done some more complex coding in my life before, so I guess I should be able to do it.
If owlchemist's approach works, it should be sufficient for starters to get maybe two template names from you and to see
if it works at all. Merely a proof of concept. If it works with two row housing elements, it should be 'merely' be "busy work" with the rest of them, as I'd just like to change
the building requirements. Though... pushing the limit to more than three requirements, might be more complicated?

Thanks for your reply!

kid1293

@schueler - I guess you have to test if you want to know if it works.
Here are my templates and I put stringtable in with them. You can cross-reference names.
I have made the names rather...cryptic :)

schueler

Thank you very much... I successfully edited two row houses, however, I do not know yet how to address the homesupplies and homewares from CC, but I asked at their website. :)

It was fairly analogous to your stonehouseoverride. :)

kid1293

Nice that it worked!
You have to get resource files from CC. Models, templates and icons.
Everything you address must exist in your folder.

I will PM a file from CC.

schueler

Thanks again for the prompt reply!

I got homewares and building supplies now as a requirement for two of your houses! Hurray!

I used "rawMaterialmussles.rsc" at first as a dummy material from CC. That would make quite an excentric building. :)

As I read somewhere else, I cannot remember the source, you do not need to have the original .rsc files, but merely
have to have their names. As I've just tried, it was sufficient to use the respective template names CC uses for its homewares and supplies,
and to fill the very same template files with "dummy resource" data, like that for logs. Nothing else required.

Banished will then supersede the "dummy" data with the proper data from CC, as long as CC loads after the "dummy data" mod.

Well, now I have to compare your houses against those of CC to enter proper values... but... that's for another day. :)