News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Request: Warehouse that could also pose as a train station

Started by Gatherer, September 26, 2017, 10:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Please if any of you modders has the time and the will to create a general warehouse that would visually also be able to pose as a train station.

A few guidelines:
- 8x4+1 footprint
- at least 2 storey high
- 1st floor made of bricks, 2nd floor made of wood/lumber
- raised platform at the back running along the entire length of the building and 3 tiles wide
- structure is to be aligned with tile borders
- doors also at the back as access to the platform

If anyone is interested I don't mind to wait. As always, time is not an issue here.

Cheers
:)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Kimbolton

I think that is a great idea. I've wanted a nice train station. What about a clock tower or clock on front. Most passenger stations have those. Front and back doors definitely.

brads3

hmmmm o'k i dare. what is going to power the clock? 
     <<<< bites tongue ans sneaks away quickly.

galensgranny

Quote from: brads3 on September 26, 2017, 06:06:28 PM
hmmmm o'k i dare. what is going to power the clock? 
     <<<< bites tongue ans sneaks away quickly.

They had clock towers before electricity.  A systems of pulleys, gears, weights and what not, driven by gravity is/was used for Ben Ben in England.

Here is how The Great Clock of Westminster (Big Ben) works:

http://www.parliament.uk/about/living-heritage/building/palace/big-ben/inside-clock-tower/how-great-clock-works/

TheOtherMicheal

What would power the clock? For that time period, a coiled spring working with pendulums, before then the measured release of sand or water was used to run clocks. The first mechanical clocks appeared in Europe some time in the 1300s if I remember right with spring driven clocks being invented a couple of hundred years later.