News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

FARM HOMESTEAD

Started by brads3, September 04, 2017, 11:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

when i 1st started to play bannished, 1 of the things that bugged me and sent me looking for mods was not being able to process foods. there was no bread,canning,jams,butter,etc. since then modding has added lots to the game. we now can do so much and make tons of different products.there is still a flaw though. each workplace requires 1 bannie to function and can only produce 1 item. this is actually wrong,the AMISH and even family farms do more than that. a family will raise animals for meat,milk,and eggs,a garden,have an apple tree or 2,and can their food themself.they also will cut their own firewood,mend or make clothes,repair tools,etc. granted back in the mid 100's and the AMISH even now had much bigger families.8 children+ is common.
    this is what i came up with. a larger mod in size say 20x20 squares. a larger house to fit families of 5 or more. a barn for cows,chicken coop shed,wood cutter square,fenced pasture space,an apple or pear tree in the front yard,and a workshop shed.more rustic looking instead of super fancy.workers required minimum 2,max 4 or 6. production outputs enough for a family of 5 plus a small % to trade to other families. output goods would be mixed vegetables,fruits,grains,meat,eggs,milk,butter,bread,cider,jams or jellies,pickles or canned vegetables,firewood,coats,tools. each year the output would randomly give a variety of food products,enough firewood for the house,enough coats and tools to supply the family.it would also give a small amount extra to supply other bannies.this could be enough to supply another house of 2 bannies.as the workers were increased to 4 or 6 this extra % would go up as well 2x as much,4 times as much.
      considering everyone plays different,it might be good to ghost add some of the pieces. so a player could add a pear tree instead of apple,or beef cows instead of black and white dairy cows.   4 or 5 texture options to the houses would be good.
    obviously this idea could be expanded on. you could do 1 to output cider for trading,a different 1to give horses for trading,cattle to supply larger pastures,chickens,etc.

Gatherer

I like the idea. What you propose is similar to DS Styth Tower that gives a random number of preset goods. With some balancing of production numbers and limits it could work.

But the house would have to be a separate piece. Perhaps using the overlap technology it could be placed over a ground floor workshop or storage. And with careful placing of road tiles the bannies would not even walk through walls of the house stairs: (+ are the unwalkable tiles such as storage, workshops, deco..., and = are walkable stairs tiles of the upper house)
+++++
+=+++
+=+++

And because walkable tiles can be placed one upon each other you could place such a house in the middle of the proposed 20x20 square. You could even place it on the already existing large markets with their walkable tiles.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

that is 1 way for sure. other is using the modular style have the house as 1 piece with a decorated yard and fruit tree and then the main animal barn works as stoarge and a rool shed that serves as the "workplace".maybe a combination of both ideas would work better.not sure how a garden could work so it looks like different type veggys and still goes away in fall through winter.

Gatherer

I think Kid made that generic vegetables mod with the sorting table. If that is somehow included it could work.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.