News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Pandu - Try for 10.000 Population (failed cause of crashes)

Started by Trizeropz, November 15, 2015, 11:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

Hey guys, after a long time without banished i feel like to play again. I will do another high pop city and this time with some mods :)

I will use the following:

# Flatlands Terrain (More space)
# NMT 1.1 (3rd Floor House saves space
# More Workers per Building (Less buildings needed->more space)
# Intensified Fishing Dock (more efficient)

RedKetchup

go go go, Master High Pop !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Than we are excited to see how you make this.  :)

It's a lot of mods. How many of them that really are helpful, if you want to go really big, I don't know. What are your idea of how you will support the big population? Probably mainly trade. In that case there's one mod, you haven't mentioned, that I find very helpful and that's the specialized trading ports.

You might have read my blogs about how i tried to build big with mods. I was stopped by bugs. The game didn't crash, but the people "behaved" odd. I hope you don't suffer from the same. It's so annoying! I cross my fingers for you.

Trizeropz

@Nilla i need to find out which one of them are really helpful;)
I will do this exactly like the non-mod map. Trading only firewood, but with more Tps and much more space for crops. Unfortunately I cant combine XL Maps AND Flatland Maps. And thats why I can use flatland map on the same seed than my last one with the 7k population. Thanks for the tip with the trading post mod, listed:)
Thanks, I will see if they behave like that, but I saw already in my big city what happens with to much people ->very bad efficienzy

Before i get started i got to test out some things. Especially the compatibility of all the mods combined.

I need to know if the trader pass the canal system in nmt mod to a trading post. If so I can put down some more. Currently placed: 80 TPs

Picture 1 - This is how the minimap looks like with the seed I used and the flatland mod

Edit-I cant attach a picture (Internal Server Error)

irrelevant

Quote from: Trizeropz on November 16, 2015, 07:14:02 AM

I need to know if the trader pass the canal system in nmt mod to a trading post. If so I can put down some more. Currently placed: 80 TPs

@Trizeropz hey, good to see you. Yes, that works, see my Beanblossom blog here, on page 3.

Trizeropz

Thanks @irrelevant :)

Nilla

You're welcome, but the answer came from @irrelevant.

I may add one thing. There might be some trouble for the merchants to get into a small stream if the entrance is too small. I had that in this game: (one of the bugged ones) http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=980.msg18495#msg18495

If you look at the second picture; no boats went into that small stream left of the canal. The trading ports along the stream and on the connected lake weren't visited until I built the canal shown at the picture.

A small hint; Pie is very profitable. A bit more complicated than ale or wood because you need 3 ingredients, but very profitable. You can also use 2 bakers in one bakery. I see that you use a mod where you can put several workers in one production plant (If I understand it right. I have never used that one myself). I suppose that it could turn things in advance of firewood.

Trizeropz

@Nilla whoops, corrected that^^
Ouh yeah, you remembered me to look through the new production items of the nmt mod. Thats what i will test before starting, too (building space and profit in combination with 'more worker' mod)

The canal thing will be a complimated. One single failure and i have a hole in the map^^. And i need to use Tps on the small lakes which can make problems

RedKetchup

you can use the flatten tool provided in the mod to get rid your 'hole in the map' ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: Trizeropz on November 16, 2015, 09:10:40 AM
One single failure and i have a hole in the map^^.
It's easier than it looks. Don't forget to include bridge sections!

Trizeropz

Now i know what you are talking about @irrelevant. Had some trouble with it. Now i have a wonderful canal system but no trader pass the canal to come to a trading post^^. I tried it with other size of canal parts and with or without gate at the ends... what am i doing wrong? Unfortunately i cant upload screenshots.. world of banished says: "internal server error".. tried with chrome and firefox :/

Nilla

Hard to say without a screenshot. I have built plenty of canals in different locations. I have connected lakes with canals, but the only time I had trouble of that kind, was that one time I talked about, as the stream was very narrow at the connection to the river. And as I said, as I built the canal to replace that narrow part it worked.

As you see I could attach a picture but sometimes it doesn´t work.

Trizeropz

Nilla

It looks fine to me. The only thing I can think of is the influence of a known bug from the original game:

If you build TP on the normal river so close on opposite sides of the river that they touch, it has an influence on lakes (and lakes only). The ports only have to touch on the corners. The boats arrive but don't stop. It's tricky because the boats passes this narrow place without problem, the problems are somewhere else.

It's a bit hard to explain so I tried to make a sketch of what I mean, very ugly but I hope you understand.

To your first picture: The hole in the ground from the canal could be fixed with the leveling tool. But on the river you have to be careful. You cannot get the river back. Maybe "fix it" with canal pieces.

Trizeropz

I know exactly what you mean, had this in my old town, the people can get over the lake without taking the bridge, but how can this have impact of the trader routes? These overlapping isn´t near the canal start. Or do you think this overlap causes that no trader can get to any lake on the map?