News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4: Griftwood

Started by brads3, December 16, 2020, 09:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i started a new map. am still not sure of what i want to do with it. it is just a small mountain map. i am real happy with this mod order. been no major issues and it doesn't take much time between maps to move a few mods in or out.it is working quite well. gives a lot of options. trains,forts, different housies,factories, etc. there are even a ouple castles in it. took some work over time ,but the order is stable. it doesn't take as much effort or time to switch a few things between maps. A BIG THANK YOUR TO THE MODDERS FOR ALL THE EXTRA MODS AND PATCHES.

mod order reset- upgraded KID's tiny mod. he and ABANDONED added more to the colonial housing. i also loaded the 2020 christmas mod since there are a lot of nice looking buildings included with that.TOM's red barns and DS' large Gatherer's barns will give more storage options.  took the huge CC Journey out and moved the CC addon mods back into the WinData folder.

mod count 142  but about a full gig smaller than the last map. i did add the more wood mod just below the pine mod. i don't think it will help with the firewood shortages, but worth a try. the mod order has been working and is too awesome to mess it up now. i think more playstyle adjustments will have the most affect on our firewood.

i have a lot of colonial options and factory options.

[Misc]
Description=dec 2020|RKEC-DS IND-KID tests||3.5 GB 142 mods
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
Radius=1
overrideUneducated=1
ProperTime=1
banishedUImaps=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
SafetyHole=1
RKECtownhall=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
NewPineFlora=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
MaritimesPineSet=1
SeasonFX=1
MoreWood=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=1
LivestockForTrade=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
CloseToTheEdge=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
DSThompsonTradeMerchants=1
DSIndustryMining=1
DSFuelMarket=1
GatherersWarehouseAndBarn=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSStythTower=1
FruitVegBarn=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBMarkets=1
EBSVBeach=1
EBSVBeachLarge=1
EBSVBeachDeco=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBStatuesOfHonour=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
EBIrrigation=1
EBIrrigationNatural=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBStatueTrapper=1
EBWinery=1
EBStorageSet=1
KidPortableMineRKEC=1
KidSettlersDeco=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
KidFarmyard=1
KidTiny=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
KidYardCover=1
KidColonialCityCenter=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidOldTown=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidRowHousing=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidRailway=1
ChristmasMod=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidHouseBoat=1
ForestCombo=1
DungPile=1
marketpuzzle=1
KidGothicFantasy=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
KidMarketFood=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
KidDecoFarmAnimals=1
KidAnimalShedPlus=1
KidNativeVillage=1
Ketchup=1
ChooChoo=1
CityButcher=1
college=1
DecorativeItems=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
CityRoads=1
NordicLogCabin=1
NordicWarehouse=1
RedCottage=1
Hunting=1
FlyFishing=1
Charburner=1
NordicSchool=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
NewTrees=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
GrowRoots=1
SmallTipi=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1
WaterAndOtherDecorations=1
NewEngland=1
CCTerrains=1
CCFrontier=1
CCDocks=1
CCOrchardForesters=1
MarbleQuarry=1
Stable=1
Terraform=1

brads3

GRIFTWOOD- 490721671,mountians,small map,fair,no disasters,shepherd-4 families and 2 livestocks<pigs and leghorns> no seeds
GOALS-start with some simple farms and let the map grow. see where it leads.

it was not a fun trip. our  familes helped us pack and quietly loaded us onto the merchant boat. as we hurriedly left the fort,or escaped it, there wasn't time to be sad. we may never see our families again.a sickness was spreading thru the fort.it came in 1 of the ships from overseas. our families feared we would all get it. they made a plan with the merchant to have us leave in the night.

our parents told us a search party would start looking for us in the morning. we were to cross the river by night and then let the boat continue to float downriver on its own. we would travel over land a week before stopping.

we left with the merchant and his wife.has it been only a week? it feels much longer.upon reaching the mountains, we met an Indian couple.they have be-friended us and helped us get settled. we are 16 of us now.3 sets of neighbor kids,the merchant's family,and the Indian family.

we cleared a close to the edge pasture for the pigs along the lake.this way the pigs can cool off in the mud and water. the chickens were allowed to run freely.  2 of the small children moved in with the Indians.my younger brother had to have his own house next to mine. Norwood,the merchant, his wife,and their 3 children built a house on the river.they keep watch for traveling boats. they had promised to try getting  word back to our parents once we were settled.
   we planted a garden next to an apple tree.the merchant fished the lake.i built a workshop that will be uszed to make clothing.the Indians have a mini workshop to make tools.the children helped find berries and mushrooms. thou we miss our families back at the fort, we are grateful that none of us have even had a cold.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start-gives a good look at the terrain
pic 3: pastures and farmyard planted
pic 4: housing and shops
pic 5: winter

jerica

I don't recognize the turf covered buildings. What mod do those come from?

brads3

the cabins and shed? those are TOM's nordic cabins.the 1 addition does make clothing. i have a few different building mods that look like they have grass roofs. most don't need the thatch to be built.

brads3

YEAR 2

Norwood built a tiny trade post. he was anxious to talk to other merchants.not only did he want to get a note back to our parents,he was curious if other towns had any outbreaks.

the pigs were fenced in and a plank bridge was built nearby.a mini townhall will help keep track of supplies. the girls planted flowers nearby and we built a bench and  picnic tables.

slowly the place in the mountains has become our home. we no longer need to remind the little ones why we left. when winter came early, they too were thankful they had carried back so many sticks to keep us warm.

pic 1:trade post
pic 2:pigs fenced
pic 3: picnic tables by the mini townhall

brads3

YEAR 3

Norwood asked what we would use for a trade good. the Indians volunteered to take care of that. they planted tobacco and built a fire tent to dry it.  then the Indians took time to teach the youngsters to trap fox,beavers,and muskrats along the small stream. the pelts and furs will give us more trade goods and we can eat any rabbits and squirels that might be caught.   

my wife,Ivannice, doesn't have to consol the children as often. now and then, 1 will get homesick and miss their parents. they realize our leaving was for the best. we all hope our friends and family didn't catch the sickness.

pic 1:tobacco
pic 2:trapper
pic 3: pigs cooling off with KID's pasture mod

kid1293

brads3

LOL, well not officially i guess. but i did leave the fort with the neighbors girl and her siblings too.wasn't like she had many choices out here either.

brads3

YEAR 4

some of the houses were getting crowded. the Indians built a hut for their older son.we built a farm house for another 11 year old girl.to access more land ,2 more plank bridges were constructed.this will help us get more firewood and stone.

a merchant stopped by. he only had chickens which we did not need.he would try to get word back to our families at the fort.he said he knew 1 bootlegger who did travel to the fort. he would put word out of us to other merchants.he did say the sickness had started to spread to other towns. he had spotted campfire smoke here and there along his journeys.we must assume others had ran off from various towns to avoid getting sick.

the merchant had been adviced to avoid people as much as he could by a medicine man.it would be hard to tell who was leaving towns to avoid getting sick and who actually already had the sickness.none of the merchants would stop to help travelors. they would only stop by towns that had been established for a few years.some of the older merchants even avoided the bigger towns. a few towns even banned any merchants from stopping at all.

since nobody here was coughing or sick,the merchant stayed wiht us a couple nights.he took notice that we were all young and did not have a cemetary.other towns have many freshly dug graves. those towns he no longer stops at.

pic 1:plank bridges to access more materials
pic 2: more houses

kid1293

You are learning from Abandoned!
Now your bannies have names, and they have a story.
The trader brings rumors, and you both are battling a disease.

Don't go too far writing the same things. It will all be messy
for people reading it. They come to you looking for answers
about the ghosts, and Abandoned will get lost, when they
look for the wrong picnic place.

I like it as it was, unique. You both had your own style. :)

brads3

true. it wasn't planned to copy. mainly was a way to explain how we ended up here and with indians. then it went on its own with the way things are in the world. haven't heard more from PILGRIM. this was just a small map to fill time in case his mod comes out.

kid1293

:) :) Fine. Then we end on a high note this year and look forward to
the 'brad' mix of impossible buildings? ;)

brads3

YEAR 5

we thought about what the merchant had said. could there be othes refugees who had left their families like we  had? would they need help as the Indians had helped us? would some of them be sick? do we help them or should we avoid them like the merchants were??

after much discussion,we decided to designate an area to quarantine anyone who came along.we cleared land along the stream. a med tent was set up and we began to move some supplies.some food,water barrels, and enough materials that a few tents could be  set up quickly.this way if anyone did arrive,they would not infect us. we could keep watch of them from a safe distance.

then we took time to expand our own storage and built a small shed for the pigs.

pic 1:quarantine zone to keep nomads at a safe distance
pic 2:pig shed

brads3

YEAR 6

the pigs give enough leather for winter clothing and plenty of meat.trapping has not  been good here. we did get a few rabbits to eat. sincethere are few animals on this side of the river, we have decided to grow flax.we will have linen clothing for the warm summers.

a merchant stopped to trade us some leather for the cured tobacco. the sickness has spread inland farther and we should be careful. we showed him our quarantine zone.he was quite impressed with how fast our ladies spun the flax. there were shortages of linen and soaps everywhere. many towns were using apples to make vinegar to clean with.

the only news he had of  the fort was they were no longer taking settlers from overseas.more towns were  raising white flags stained red. this was a signal that they had the sickness and for boats not to stop. with less movement between towns, it was harder to get any news or letters.

we considered ourselves lucky. none of us had been sick since leaving the fort.  maybe settling next to the apple tree had kept us healthy.or was it the horseradish roots?

PIC 1: flax garden for linen clothing
pic 2: merchant with news

brads3

YEAR 7

there is good and bad to where we settled. the rugged terrain ment the search party wouldn't look here. they never would think children to take the hard path.thou there is less game to hunt and trap, there are also less bears and wild boars to bother the children.the dirt is fertile,once we dig out some rocks. none of the refugees have been spotted. most would settle in the foothills instead of traveling into the trecherous montains this far.

an EB cellar would give us more storage space to stockpile food. we will keep 2 years worth of food and supplies stocked. this way we are prepared in case of bad weather or anyone coming down with the sickness.

pic-EB food cellar