News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discovery of Banished

Started by Demonocracy, June 08, 2014, 08:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonocracy

How/where did you all hear about Banished?

For myself, I read a review in an issue of Game Informer.  From its description and pictures, I just knew it was a game for me.  I had to have it!

No regrets.  : )

mariesalias

My husband and I followed Luke's blog for a couple of years and bought it when it released. It was worth the wait!

RedKetchup

me i heard about on Tilted Mill ent. forums (the ones who made the caesar series , children of the nile ... and simcity i think.)

they announced at some point they were working on a medieval city building... and then .... abandonned the projet
and someone mentionned Banished.... so i followed things around :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Kaldir

I heard about it on a SimCity forum I was running (SimCity Hall, once pretty active, now pretty dead). It didn't look too good to me at first, to be honest. The screenshots back then looked a bit dull to me and lacking variety. I kept following the blog though, and it started to look better and better. I loved the technical info and detailed explanation from Luke in his blog.

I still wasn't sure if I would like it, but I bought it on the day of release anyhow, for it had a fair price and that one-man conmpany deserved some support. I didn't start playing until two months later. I have no regrets buying it. :D

irrelevant

I read about it on Slate a couple of months ago and bought it immediately. I couldn't get it to run on any of the three machines I installed it on, so a couple of weeks ago I bought a new PC for home (I was due for an upgrade anyway). In the past two weeks my productivity IRL has plummeted, but I am getting much better at Banished (thanks in part to you people)!

salamander

My son started playing it first, and I picked it up after watching him play.  I think he saw it advertised in the Steam store, but can't swear to that.

@irrelevant -- it's encouraging to see when people finally get their priorities straight.  ;)

solarscreen

I read about Banished on reddit and checked out the website where Luke was documenting his progress.  I started following development from then on until it was released. Probably followed it for about a year. I posted about it on the EA forum for Simcity to let them know to have a look too.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

I came to Banished via the same route as @RedKetchup.  I had not even heard of Banished until January of this year, which left me with only one month of suspense to endure.  I bought the game from the Shining Rock website, as soon as I woke up on February 18th, and was happily playing by 6:45 AM.

rkelly17

I think I saw something on Simtropolis. Right about the same time Steam announced a sale on Banished. I jumped at that.

Demonocracy

Goodness!  From the responses so far, I see that I'm probably the latest to join the game!

gatinho65

I read about it at Simtropolis, I thought it looked completely beautiful and fantastic but since it wasn't going to have a mac version for a long time, tried to avoid reading about it in order to not suffer needless envy lol. Only checked on whether there was a wine version a few weeks ago, finally gave in and get to play it now and I really love it. And while I think there is room for some creative modding,  its pretty great as it is, even my unpatched version.

Bobbi

I stumbled across it on Steam, I was looking for something easy to play while I recovered from pneumonia. Ha ha ha little did I know, was not so easy.  ;D  It had just been released that very day.

kangaredditroo

Same as @Bobbi I stumbled across Banished on Steam, I was looking for something that was creative and did not involve fighting and/or killing things... :-)

ertira

I was interested in Warlock 2. Am an avid watcher of Maddjinn videos especially those concerning Civilization V Brave New World. I noticed he had made a Beta release video of Warlock 2 so I watched it then I Googled Warlock 2 and discovered Pinstar.  Watched the Pinstar series and enjoyed his method and noticed he also did one for a game named Banished, Watched it and bought it from Steam. I do not use his version of the "crossroad" build but liked his method of taking chances and making mistakes which I seem to also have a penchant to do myself :) My 44 Warcraft characters which I have nurtured it seems forever are not pleased though.  ;)

ivorymalinov

I stumbled upon Banished about a week after the most recent SimCity came out. Frustrated (like most gamers) with what was offered someone linked Luke's developers blog to one of the forum threads. The game looked a little messy at that point but I waited, watched and got more excited the further he went with it.

I brought it directly off his website the moment I woke up on release day. I haven't regretted this purchase at all! SimCity on the other hand....... >:(