News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Flax Gatherer & New Foods Gatherer

Started by phyllida, February 08, 2017, 08:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phyllida

Not sure if there's an actual problem or maybe just me but since downloading the new amazing Journey mod, I can't get either the flax gatherer or new foods gatherers to gather. Are there only specific types of terrain these work on or something? I've no idea what the items look like so no clue if all maps have them or all terrains. Starting to annoy me now that I keep demolishing and replacing but still not gathering flax or rosehips
Many thanks  :)

brads3

what mod has flax gathering?? is that mod above CC? cc does not have flax gathering by itself. you can grow it if you have seeds.

phyllida

it came with megamod

I've found a picture of the rosehip bushes now so i can at least check the terrain see if they grow on that particular land but no clue on the flax. Had a game 2 weeks ago which was great lots of flax gatherers working fine which was amazing for trading as its a reasonable value but for last 3 days since downloading Journey I can't seem to get a flax gatherer working grrr!

kid1293

Just a quick reply.
Flax, Rosehips and Wild Oats grow on any map.

There has long been a conflict with CC since they have a different approach.
They cultivate Flax (same name) and they make fabric from it before using
it for clothes.

Hard to change load order with megamod. I have no clue.
You better post at Black Liquid's page.

phyllida

Thanks for your reply. It does seem to only have happened since downloading Journey so will post on Black Liquid.  :)

brads3

yeah,the megamod has been known to have issues. i rather load the individual mods myself. gives you more control since then you can change the mod order.and also choose not to load some mods,so you don't have  unused mods cluttering tool bars.

phyllida

True enough...I had thought of doing that myself but its finding all the mods that seemed a bit of a headache  :D so the megamod was ideal. Works fine for me so far so that's one good thing!

Paeng

Quote from: phyllida on February 08, 2017, 10:12:42 AMfinding all the mods that seemed a bit of a headache

You can always browse this list to get an overview of good mods... or any of the related lists   :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

phyllida

Thank you Paeng I will have a nosey see what takes my fancy :)

brads3

did you find the glitch between the mm and the new cc?? i have seen several posts at the cc site.of all the pics i did see of the mm,there was only like 2 things i didn't have but wanted. those were added to the new CC plus tons more.

QueryEverything

@phyllida hiya :)
I know that some mods can overwrite starting options, and plant growth, I know I had problems trying to find something only to realise it was because I had 1 mod higher in the mod list than another, once I switched that around and restarted, things appeared.

I am wondering if you have a mod list where you have 1 mod higher than another, meaning that the "Wild plants" aren't producing.
Try installed @tanypredator mod separately and having the load order higher than MM and CC.

The process:  download the mod, drop into your folder, load Banished, Enable the mod, move it higher than MM & CC, EXIT Banished, then reload.  (always restart Banished when changing mods).  Then load a new map, the items should then spawn (hopefully :D).  TO my knowledge, they won't spawn on an existing map, but they may be traded with a trader.

Also, @Necora's mod, Maritimes, has Flax & Hemp, so they too may alter what Flax is spawning.

Thanks @kid1293 I wasn't sure which mod was giving me Cultured Flax, now I know :D  That also changes what building needs to be used to produce material products.

Someone needs to put a spreadsheet together, maybe ...  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

I don't know much about how the mods work together but if I were to have a guess at the issue it would be this...

I assume, I don't know the mechanics of the wild flax mod, that the flax and rose hips etc. are coded to be spawned by vanilla trees, or more importantly the vanilla tree template file. If you use a start condition in Journey that has another set of trees, then it will load a different template file to put those trees naturally on the map. These trees will therefore likely not spawn any resources coded to be spawned by vanilla trees, as that would not have been added to the template file.

Start a new map with a vanilla start condition, and you will probably have the appropriate wild resource combinations to get the flax and rose hips.

Another thing you can do is build a vanilla forester, clear the area around it and let the vanilla trees grow, and that should also provide you with the right resource combinations to get the flax and rose hips regardless of what starting condition you chose.

tanypredator

Well, I see, I'm a bit late :) Thank you, kid1293, QueryEverything, Necora! I really don't know, what can I add. Yes, my new plants are spawned by original trees, and that is coded in tree template file, so other trees - probably no my plants.

phyllida

Tanya's new flora mod came with megamod so I don't actually have the separate mod to load
I'll try re-arranging the mod order see if that makes a difference