News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Repair After Auto-flattening

Started by Paeng, September 17, 2014, 05:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

You know the problem - you lay out a large pasture, and when it auto-flattens you realize that you inadvertently bit into the side of a hill (sometimes hard to see due to the Banished perspective)... so you are left with that squarish cut-out that looks quite unnatural... what to do? Flatten Terrain Tool to the rescue -

You can see clearly where my pasture bit into the mountain... so I carefully cut in two or three tiles more, sort of a semi-circle... still looked a bit weird, but better. Then I thought - hey, a tunnel entrance would look cool here... and it does - even better than default, as it does not protrude as much as they normally do... enter Moria;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

know what ? i think it look AWESOME !
i like it
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Yeah, I think I make that SOP... never really liked those protruding tunnel-ends...  :)

Now we need a mod that gives us stand-alone ~decorative~ rocks and gravel to dress things up a bit more... ;-P

irrelevant

Jeez man, even just an additional color for dirt roads. :)

rkelly17

There is a colored road mod out there but it looks, to be kind, a bit garish. With the terrain flattening mod we finally have a "cut" tool. Now we need a "fill" tool--though the terrain flattened can do that over water. Hmmm. A tool to take land down to sub-water level would be nice to cut little channels to make otherwise inaccessible lakes open to the river or to square off some diagonal river banks to build trading posts. Can't you see a nice, square harbor area in you major industrial area? That would do away with the need to line every meter of the river front with TPs.

Paeng

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 18, 2014, 07:10:27 AMThere is a colored road mod out there

Yaman, I had high hopes, thinking it was kind of a POC on how to get fresh textures in... apparently not...  :-\

Quotewould be nice to cut little channels to make otherwise inaccessible lakes open to the river or to square off some diagonal river banks to build trading posts.

Indeed... We'll have to see though how far we can 'interfere' in the river pathing... I had some really weird stuff when I tinkered with some of the early map mods (which I completely discarded by now)... the clincher was when I had a trader pull into my TP, then on leaving made a complete u-turn and rowing upstream(!), almost to the start of the river.. there he made a u-turn again and rowed, past my TP and off the map...  :o ... kinda funny. Once...

rkelly17

Quote from: Paeng on September 18, 2014, 07:25:03 AM
... the clincher was when I had a trader pull into my TP, then on leaving made a complete u-turn and rowing upstream(!), almost to the start of the river.. there he made a u-turn again and rowed, past my TP and off the map...  :o ... kinda funny. Once...

This is actually pre-modding behavior. I had it on several maps. The common characteristic seemed to be the river taking a quick 90-degree turn just as it entered the map and then taking another 90 degree turn to cross the map. IN those maps every trader left the dock heading back to the entrance, got to a certain point and turned around.

slink