News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Gopher Prairie: extreme tenure, 10,000 years

Started by irrelevant, December 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

@RedKetchup yes, I always use it, except I'm going for achievements with this town. ;)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

irrelevant

Year 190

Almost there!

Year 196

New stuff on the south frontier.

irrelevant

Year 200

Tenure, the last achievement. 0% educated.

Nilla

Congratulations! That's really tenure! Will you go on with that town?

I have some questions to the happiness-graph. I suppose they are more unhappy, when there are much more families than homes. Have you noticed any big difference at the behavior or productivity? Do you know any other measures than grave yards and other "happines"-buildings or letting the young people move out, to minimize the unhappiness?

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on March 06, 2015, 02:16:07 AM
Congratulations! That's really tenure! Will you go on with that town?

I have some questions to the happiness-graph. I suppose they are more unhappy, when there are much more families than homes. Have you noticed any big difference at the behavior or productivity? Do you know any other measures than grave yards and other "happines"-buildings or letting the young people move out, to minimize the unhappiness?
@Nilla, Thanks! :) Maybe, I'm not sure. The population fluctuations are causing real problems in food supply and storage. I may try the flowerchild challenge. Beyond that, no plan really.

I think the dips in happiness occur during the die-offs, caused by insufficient cemetery space.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on March 05, 2015, 08:13:56 PM
Year 200

Tenure, the last achievement. 0% educated.

Congratulations, @irrelevant. It has always seemed to me that Tenure is the ultimate achievement.

irrelevant

@rkelly17 Thanks! It certainly does take the longest to get! I really enjoyed this town. Uneducated was a real challenge.

irrelevant

Early Winter 265 - pop 0  :o

So I had some time Sunday evening, but not time enough really to do justice to Needmore, so I dusted off Gopher Prairie, my uneducated tenure achievement town, tweaked the auto-purchases, and let it run for 11 hours while I was at work today.

It was a bit eerie to come home to a dead town! Not just dead, but dead for 50 years.

Interestingly, the first thing to go was coats. This seems to have begun a cascade of failure, as the foresters fell behind, then the woodchoppers. Once the firewood was gone, the food dwindled rapidly as no one was working any longer.

I've gone back to year 200, added some choppers and some taverns. Reduced the amount of firewood and coats in the TPs. Quit buying tools and increased buying logs and wool. We'll see. That uneducated sine wave doesn't help any, as GP nearly runs out of laborers near the bottom. 

Going to let it run overnight, see if I get any further (farther?) ;D

irrelevant

Spring 229 - pop 1405

But poised to die. Ran out of tools this time, caused by cutting back too far on autobuying iron. Although my Bald Hills blog showed that an uneducated town can live with no tools at all, such a town must be optimized to do so by having lots of firewood production, and can't rely on trading.

The end most likely would come this winter, running out of food and firewood both. If not this winter, then almost certainly the next. But anyway this time GP lasted 15+ years longer.

Back to year 209. Tweaking autopurchase program to buy more iron. Running again today.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on August 17, 2015, 07:47:24 PM
Early Winter 265 - pop 0  :o

So I had some time Sunday evening, but not time enough really to do justice to Needmore, so I dusted off Gopher Prairie, my uneducated tenure achievement town, tweaked the auto-purchases, and let it run for 11 hours while I was at work today.

It was a bit eerie to come home to a dead town! Not just dead, but dead for 50 years.

You've got more guts than I do. I've never let a town run by itself, constantly micro-managing. I do like the look of the dead town, though--all those question marks. "What the hell?"  ;D

irrelevant

Just playing around.  :) But if I can get it to live unattended all day or overnight, I'll try to see how far it can go.

Yes, the sea of question marks was spooky when I first looked at it after 11 hours. ;D

irrelevant

When I got home this evening I found the game had crashed out right after I started it up this morning, and I didn't notice. So no interesting report tonight. Instead, here's another view of the questioning dead for @rkelly17  ;D

Of course, it won't let me upload an attachment. >:(

irrelevant

Late Spring 240 - pop 1815

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. But a new problem has made itself apparent, a product of the uneducated sine wave.

You can see GP currently has 638 laborers. But look down through the other professions. Most of them are under-staffed. This is because at the bottom of the sine wave, there are no laborers at all, and so no one to take the place of a professional who dies. This causes resource production problems; right now GP is nearly out of firewood, despite having the most logs it has ever had in stock.

The total amount of understaffing is 128. Assuming the next bottom will be similar to the last one, I need to cut back the professional force by this amount to insure that this doesn't keep happening. Obvious places to cut are farms/orchards, fishers, foresters, TPs, and markets, yet I don't want to cut too deep in any single profession as that brings problems of its own.

This will take some thought. Ideas, comments, and suggestions are welcome.