News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Gopher Prairie: extreme tenure, 10,000 years

Started by irrelevant, December 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 19, 2017, 05:58:52 PM
did you added Bobbi doctor house before or after you built the hospital ? like for example, the hospital was originally built while not using any mods.... and then later you added the mod ? maybe you need to destroy it and rebuild
The one in the image was built after I enabled the mod. I do have some that are unmodded, but this one is definitely a modded one.

RedKetchup

very strange then

maybe they are attracted by the doctor himself ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 20, 2017, 12:43:47 AM
very strange then

That's probably it. He has a magnetic personality. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on November 20, 2017, 08:25:22 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on November 20, 2017, 12:43:47 AM
very strange then

That's probably it. He has a magnetic personality. :)

yeah probably haha

irrelevant

Year 2523

Just ran 24 hours with only a couple minor tweaks to auto-purchases. No manual trading at all.

Good-looking pop curve. No professionals lost last cycle, but I did lose maybe 50 on the cycle before.

edit: looks a little steep heading down this time, compare the distance between adults and total pop with earlier curves. Also, children and students are noticeably down. Bet this time is a deeper trough = lost professionals.

Items in Storage

Items in TPs

Items in Homes

brads3

your population still drops by 35%. more than i would expect. how many houses compared to working adults do you have on the high end? i try to keep 1 house per 2 workers. but i use an aging mod to balance the game different than you. did you setting housing based on number of families?

irrelevant

@brads3 There are 666 homes. Looks like there are just over 2000 adults on the high end.

There was no method that went into the number of houses. The sine wave is baked into this town, an artifact from 2400 years ago when I quit building houses in the first place. At the time I had no idea of running the town for two or three more millennia.  ;) I think there is no way to stop it, once it gets started.

brads3

stop what,the insanity?? LOL looks like you need 300+ more houses.but that would take another 100 years to balance after you built them. at least you have it functioning decent.

irrelevant

It's not just a question of building a certain number of houses, but more important is when to build them. If you build them at the wrong time, you are just making things worse. Also, you can't just build them all in one lump, you need to taper in, and taper off. That is beyond what is possible, I think.

Plus, you can't just build housing, you need markets, and food producers. In my next 2500-year town  ;) :D I'll give a lot more thought to when and how to stop building new homes. This is the key, you have to taper off home construction over a period of many years if you hope to have a manageable pop sine wave.

irrelevant

And now, at the very bottom, with 666 houses and 481 families, I get 179 nomads. It is soooo tempting.....

brads3

i agree with some but not all. yes, if you build houses the population will go up in the short run and therefore require food. however,you already have the population you want. die offs due to food shortage would counter with the population growth. it should trade older for younger children.
    my theory is if you had the families you have now split up, you would have more balance.where as now, by the time you have educated workers to replenish,you have no young children since they are still stuck in the same houses.you have 4 adults in a house and therefore can't have children.you basically are losing an entire generation.
        what would be a neat test is to build 150 houses,not increase the food. run it 100 yrs after the last house is built and see how the curve is then. i understand your thinnking of doing it slowly. but that is if the plan is to grow and expand. in your case you aren't trying to increase the population.

RedKetchup

i am not sure we can get to a number of population and finally get it stable even if i tend to think that the more pop and more stable should be ^^
i think we gone through that question at some point, 3-4 years ago

irrelevant

150 houses is too many, too many for me, anyway. I'll put up a save if you want to try it  ;) There's only stone enough for 46.

I might build 20-30; finding good spots for them isn't easy though.

I have no hope of making a stable pop. I just want to have enough guys so my laborers don't all die in the trough.

See the screenie for mods needed to run this town. Probably only really need Tweaking Crops and Vendor Buildings.

eta: And I see now that Bobbi's Special Doctor House is not enabled. :( :o >:(

irrelevant

Got 32 house foundations built. I'll finish them when the number of families exceeds current number of houses, that will be halfway up the curve.

brads3

i would test it except i don't wanta mess up my mod order i have.plus you do have some mods that i don't included . i thought you was plain vanilla.