News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

QuoteReally like the road texture.   8)

Love the road too. Wish we could have it in NMT!

[/quote]Anno 1404 had some nice nomad buildings[/quote]

Oh yeah, forgot about Anno! Love Anno! Should be able to get a few good ideas from that.

RedKetchup

i like it too , alot. but when back from sleep i will test with a 50% reduction of the size of the stones to see how it looks like :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Denis de la Rive

Making the stones smaller is a good idea, but overall its very nice road texture, the mix of colors gives the impression that they are using leftover stone, which is great.  :)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 29, 2016, 08:02:05 AMthis stone road texture?

Excellent!  :)

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 29, 2016, 11:58:31 AMi will test with a 50% reduction of the size of the stones

I like the large size, it suits the material.
Maybe try to have both, big for primary (main) roads, and small for secondary (cobbled) roads...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

grammycat

I'm loving all of it.  That well is especially good and the road texture looks great. The market is really taking shape-maybe a little color on some of the cloth or would that be right for what you're striving for?

Gatherer

What kind of desert maps will be included in this mod? I'd love a very flat map.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

i am not used of what CC has as map .... but RotP has this so far :

RedKetchup

more building i am making and more it is starting to degrade :(

i am always using same texture everywhere so .... alot of building with same textures.... it starts to not looking as good :((

so i am trying to get a new texture to change and i would maybe have this one. i think this one looks cool , old , dirty, but cool.

if i do the house set with this one.... the other bigger building can look not as ... redundant

Glenn

The colours look good, but if your need another texture why don't you try a few soft pastel shades to liven things up a bit.

A bit of soft colour might make this theme that much better.

squashedtoad

I love the way this is looking!  Beautiful!! 

One question, where did the other trees beside the palm trees come from?  They are soo cool.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 29, 2016, 03:28:20 PMi am always using same texture everywhere so .... alot of building with same textures.... it starts to not looking as good

Well, yes - you cannot make a large set of different buildings with just one texture  :)
Textures are the spice of mods - the more variety, the better.

It's fine to stick to a basic tone (here: the sand stone), but there should be different shades (lighter and darker), different graininess (rough and smooth), different weathering (grunge), different color accents (e.g. the awnings, tents etc.)...

That way the different structures come alive, have their own identities...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

OldnRetired

Since this is a desert mod maybe add some random sand on the roofs of the buildings. I'm sure the peeps are working so hard for the Pharaoh they don't have time to keep everything neat and clean when sandstorms blow sand everywhere.  After looking at the hunderds of photos from the era I believe most of the homes would not have straight building corners, roof edges, etc. because of the blowing sand wearing away the sandstone & limestone. Also (if possible) the stairs should also look worn from all the sand especially in the center of the steps where the normal walking path would be. 
RofP is a REALLY GREAT new direction .... THANKS !! RK !!!   

Denis de la Rive

Many buildings should be made of mud bricks, so you could reuse some of the brick textures in NMT, but with sand and dirt colors, having different sizes of bricks is also a way of making them look different. There is also the possibility of giving them a ruff finish to simulate wind erosion. You can also use granite colors to vary the mix. Don't forget things like painting them in bright colors too. I can do some research tomorrow and see what colors would be best. I think yellows, reds, and white plaster could work. Polished limestone is a very shinny white, which is how the pyramids looked, almost blinding white with a gold plated topstone.

Lissa_981

If I might make 1 or 2 industry suggestions.. Cosmetics and perfume/ incense. Cosmetics could use animal fat and herbs/berries/charcoal. Perfume could be made from a variey of things, the simpelist maight be added flowers as a gatherable or growable.