News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Sightseeing In Banished Land

Started by Paeng, November 11, 2014, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Camp At Night

* I so wish Banished had a night cycle...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

!!!

Other people struggle to survive Banished and you just...
Mind-blowing!

Tom Sawyer

Nice atmosphere and cool light spots. :)

Playing around with light settings some time ago I made a night scenario just for fun. It even can include ambient sounds and to switch in and out of a running game. But actually a useless thing. You cannot really play then.

Gatherer

Any chance in getting some of these awesome screens in 1920x1080 size?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 12, 2017, 09:50:25 AMswitch in and out of a running game.

That's interesting... may still be a cool tool for a few screenshots to round off a journal...  :)

Paeng

Quote from: Gatherer on May 12, 2017, 10:14:10 AMAny chance in getting some of these awesome screens in 1920x1080 size?

Sorry, not before I can fix my game rig...  :'(

Abandoned

wow, really cool picture.  :)  You can almost hear the crickets and feel the cool night air and warmth of the fire.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

@Paeng I know that this is a post-game screenshot edit, but it makes me feel like I'm in the game, at night.

"* I so wish Banished had a night cycle..."

I too wish there was a night cycle!!  ....  ugh ... I know Luke needs to do structural things first, but if he ever decides to come back to Banished for a solid few months of updates, this would be on my 'wishlist' and it should have been done in the first release!!

I wonder ...  could a dark lighting be coded in, like the Winter growth is?   So when Winter comes, the game darkens, and the lamps and fires then have more of a role rather than just 'prettiness'.

@Tom Sawyer how did you manage it?
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

Tom Sawyer

@QueryEverything It is just some changing of light values and not a big deal but I guess in Photoshop it's much easier to create effects like this for cool screens. The fire for example would be dark and not noticeable because it's not a source of light in game.

About day night cycle I watched a review about Forest Village some time ago and the author was just annoyed by this feature. In Banished it would mean to have 7 sec day .. 7 sec night .. 7 sec day already on speed 1. You would get a commercial break every 7 seconds but you cannot go to get a new beer in this frequence.^^ And on speed 10 it would be an unbearable flicker. ;D

QueryEverything

Thanks for the explanation @Tom Sawyer and as someone who plays on 10x for the most part of the day, and suffers from a form of flickernausea (known now as Flicker Vertigo) (thankfully not seizures), I couldn't stand the idea of "on/off; on/off", which is why I was musing upon the idea of darkening during Winter only ... 

Bah ...  maybe those who read this and developing their own games, have a think about optional day/night cycles or brightness is dependent on the seasons.  :)  And remember us Southern Hemi people have reverse cycles (thank goodness for the awesome mod to change the seasons to Aussie time, haha ... 

Back to this ...  you are right.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Medieval Thrillseekers At Kawarau Bridge

:D

kid1293

Nilla

You're an artist! @Paeng! With a sense of humour!  :D