News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Images from Castle Rock maps

Started by Gatherer, February 20, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Year 74

DS shore walkways at the church are completed.

Can't get rid of fertilizer quick enough so two more RK greenhouses had to be built.

RK smokery will process mutton into smoked meat which in turn will be used to make meals at the RK old pub. I also need to start placing gravel roads all along the railway.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

good luck finding a balnace to the fertilizer. i had way too much on my last map,with just 2 pastures making it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 24, 2018, 06:15:38 PM
good luck finding a balnace to the fertilizer. i had way too much on my last map,with just 2 pastures making it.

they will be reduce.

but you know, pastures sometimes can be OP. compare the way to get leather from hunters... and how you get leather from a pasture....
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

Year 81

I've started decorating this part of Bryggen village.

Fodder farming and gravel roads all along the railway tracks.

Lunch garden and playgroung for the corner first floor school.

Kid's Mission church up-close.

Urban herb garden.

Gazebo from MegaMod Deco pack. I'd like to see more of these structures made.

Roads between the top two houses on each side will be removed to create space for Mr. Red's cathedral and some cemeteries.
I also plan to replace the cropfields and orchard on the left with two more greenhouses and a few smaller apple orchards. This will give me extra space for a few more Bryggen houses.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

angainor88

Gatherer

Year 86

The cathedral is too cheap to build imo.

Decorated market area.

Main town so far.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

WOW !

Now i recognize @Gatherer !!!!

PS.: i decided to price down the cathedral. at begining is was a wonder, as a wonder, we needed to see it extremly rarely. now that time has passed, i thought i was better to see it more often, like everymap.... this is the reason behind it :)

Gatherer

@RedKetchup Is it possible then to create a small override mod that would change only the number of required resources?
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 93

Bannies have replaced the fields with greenhouses while orchards have been resized and relocated. This allowed me to place some more Bryggen houses. Kid's houseboat was placed along the shore walkway. Another firewood production center was constructed north of the irrigation canal.

The two cemeteries at the cathedral have filled rather quickly. It appears the town will soon go into another downward spiral population wise.

Late summer view of the White House. For the love of God and all that is holy in heaven!!! Whay won't the game allow me to make screenshots without lower UI bar!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

i agree with you , the white house is heaven of meshes.
go in your option, and check the keybindings. you should be able to take sceenshots without UI!
they are not necessairly created in same screenshot folder as the steam screenshot folder. and they can be .BMP also (possible)

now you start to replace the crops by greenhouses ... how do you compare crops versus greenhouses ? what you can tell us about this subject ?

Gatherer

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 03, 2018, 01:35:35 PM
go in your option, and check the keybindings. you should be able to take sceenshots without UI!
they are not necessairly created in same screenshot folder as the steam screenshot folder. and they can be .BMP also (possible)

I used to be able to have screens without UI bar. The last time it worked for me was in Castle Rock X town. I've tried rebinding keys many times since then and no cookie. :(
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 03, 2018, 01:35:35 PM
now you start to replace the crops by greenhouses ... how do you compare crops versus greenhouses ? what you can tell us about this subject ?

I like how the greenhouses need a constant input of resources (water and fertilizer) to generate food. Without it I would find the food output numbers a bit overpowering. And a smaller size footprint for more food per tile is always welcome.

But the best part is that the botanists don't wander off after harvest, because there is no end to the harvesting. ;D  I can select multiple land clearing projects at once during late autumn or winter season and have no fear missing the planting of crops in spring as is often the case with ordinary farmers. I also use Kid's greenhouses that have a farmer profession assigned but since the work is never finished I never experience any food output loss with them either. If they never stop working they can never miss the planting. Win-win situation. 8)
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 98

Due to population drop I don't have to worry about producing or buying extra food and building more homes. So time is being spent decorating the colourful village. DS village barn and Necora's food cellars are also planned for construction on the empty spot next to the village school.

Added some more greenery and a small baker behind the house at the centre of picture. And I still need to finish decorating the ground on either side of the irrigation canal.

I've decided I will end this map in the summer of 125. And will post screenshots taken using the zoom hack. I will post them in several parts with each part focusing on different area.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

those colorful little houses are so cute!
wonderful town !