News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Slink's Small Markets Version 4 - Now With Nicer Graphics!

Started by slink, October 10, 2014, 09:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Slink's Small Markets Version 4

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=18

Version 4 - New graphics and more storage room.  Will work with saves using version 3 but the footprints will be wrong.

irrelevant

irrelevant

@slink Now that I've got one of these in one of my own towns, with a few others planned, I find myself wishing they were not so dark. The functionality and appearance is just great otherwise.

slink

I may very well work on the graphics, but not because someone is pushing me to become better than I am.  I like myself very well right now, thank you all very kindly.  But I agree, the buildings are dark.   ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 13, 2014, 12:15:55 PM
I may very well work on the graphics, but not because someone is pushing me to become better than I am.  I like myself very well right now, thank you all very kindly.  But I agree, the buildings are dark.   ;)

@slink, if you are going to work on these more (though I'll use them whether you do or not), one thing I noticed is that the original buildings get snow on them in Winter while your do not. Any clues where the snow comes from--I know, I know, it comes from the sky, but I mean in the game.

I think I've responded to teachers in my life who push me to become better than I am, but really only to those who have the knack of making me think it's all my own idea.  ;)

slink

I think you and I are of the carrot persuasion rather than the stick, @rkelly17.   :)

I noticed that my new Snug Houses only get snow on one side of their roof, and some on that wall as well which none of the standard buildings seem to have.  I'm obviously not understanding a number of things here.  Perhaps there is another mask of some kind.  I should check the apiary texture file in GIMP for previously unnoticed elements.

slink

Have a try with Version 2.2.  I think it is the AO file that causes snow to stick.  It also makes the color of the building lighter.  I thought it was a bump file, but apparently not?

Version 2.3 is the original brown color.

irrelevant

Which version is lighter in color, 2.2 or 2.3?

slink

Both are lighter than what you have.  2.2 is outright pink on my monitor.  2.3 is the brown as it was originally intended to be; neither red nor blue and not too dark (for me).

irrelevant

One of my Farm Market vendors is stuck in a loop. She takes venison out of a barn, takes it to her market, but can't store protein there, so she takes it back to the barn, stores it there, takes it back out again, takes it back to her market, etc. She has been doing this for two seasons.

I fired her. ;D

irrelevant

This Farm Market on the other hand has a huge amount of venison stored in it, like 75% of the venison I currently have in storage. Apparently, although the vendor can't store protein in her market, everyone else seems to be able to.

RedKetchup

maybe those vendor had four arms to make it happends ^^

peut-être que ces vendor-là avaient quatre bras pour arriver à le faire :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Wow, @irrelevant, that is strange.  I'll have another look at the markets after I test the string output on the brewery, tomorrow.   ;)

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 19, 2014, 07:16:01 PM
maybe those vendor had four arms to make it happends ^^

peut-être que ces vendor-là avaient quatre bras pour arriver à le faire :)
That must be the problem  ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on October 19, 2014, 06:38:22 PM
One of my Farm Market vendors is stuck in a loop. She takes venison out of a barn, takes it to her market, but can't store protein there, so she takes it back to the barn, stores it there, takes it back out again, takes it back to her market, etc. She has been doing this for two seasons.

I fired her. ;D

This particular farm market isn't by any chance from an early version, is it? In the first versions the farm market didn't deal in proteins. @slink changed that for later versions but I forget where the change came. Mine are all from the latest version and all deal in meat, eggs and nuts.

Quote from: irrelevant on October 19, 2014, 07:04:16 PM
This Farm Market on the other hand has a huge amount of venison stored in it, like 75% of the venison I currently have in storage. Apparently, although the vendor can't store protein in her market, everyone else seems to be able to.

Looks like the vendor and hunters take the line of least resistance and the venison ends up in the closest location that will take it.