News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The fast forward challenge

Started by kee, February 13, 2015, 01:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kee

@salamander Go ahead and retry as often as you wish. More than two litres of coffee consumed simultaneously to playing will be considered as doping.
Kim Erik

kee

But I see
- A town hall
- A market
- A trading post
So this is a pass. Your papers, sir! @salamander
Kim Erik

solarscreen

Let me know who your winner is and I will post in the Champion Post and add them to the Champions group.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

kee

In this challenge I rather think I proposed a grading scheme rather than a winner scheme, but still @Bracken did get the full honors first. I suppose it's only fair that the fern gets his name in the hall of fame.
But for the rest of you students: It is not too late to hand in your exams for grading!
Kim Erik

salamander

I reckon a 'pass' is better than the alternative.  'D' for Diploma, right?  ;)

I kind of like these short-term challenges.  Nice idea, @kee.

Brugle

@kee
You said in the opening post that you "didn't pass laude", but you have a town hall, a market, a trading post, food > people*100, 4.5 hearts, 4.5 stars, housing for all, no cold houses (as far as I can tell), lots of tools (so everyone should have one), and a school.  No extra honors, but it appears to be summa cum laude.  What am I missing?

kee

Kim Erik

Brugle

@kee
Thank you.  I thought "Built at least one: School, Boarding house, Tavern and Bridge" meant build any one, but it means build one of each.  Makes it a little harder. :)

If I had looked at how you graded the entries, I wouldn't have been confused.

Brugle

I have an unfair advantage--my computer is slow.  Rather than 1.5 hours, I took around 3 hours.  The only time the simulation stopped was when I saved the game (and I sometimes went to pee then).  "Remove Structures" was only used twice, to remove the original cart and to vacate the boarding house (in year 4) so people would pair up.

I think I have everything: all required buildings, lots of food, 4.5 hearts, 5 stars, everyone housed (in a boarding house and 2 wooden houses), all warm houses, everyone tooled, and a squash harvest in year 9.  In addition, everyone was educated--with 8 starting kids that was a surprise.  (I meant for the tavern to make ale in year 9, but I forgot.)

In early summer 3 I noticed that someone was without a tool.  I forgot to build a blacksmith!  Eventually, over half of the adults were toolless, including the blacksmith.  But when he finally delivered 6 tools to the storage barn in early spring 4, most adults got tools, including the blacksmith.

The hunting lodge in the forest wasn't catching many deer, and I was worried about keeping people clothed, so I built a second hunting lodge in year 5.  In year 6 the new hunting lodge (with 1 hunter) caught 3 deer, but the old hunting lodge (with 1 hunter) caught 5!

I enjoyed this challenge a lot.

Hmm ... I get an Internal Server Error when I try to preview or post with screenshots.  It's getting late--I'll try to post the screenshots tomorrow.

RedKetchup

yeah me too i am getting server error when i try to post screenshots.... is server full ? IMO
we all starting to have a tons of screenshot at 1-3MB each shots ^^

QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at worldofbanished.com Port 80
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kee

I will not take differences in the spacetime continuum into consideration for this challenge. A summa cum laude with full honours awarded to @Brugle .
Saves long enough to go pee? With that slow a system I'd try to stop all automated breaks for fear of them completely freezing up the rig.
Kim Erik

Brugle

Quote from: kee on March 09, 2015, 02:50:40 AM
Saves long enough to go pee? With that slow a system I'd try to stop all automated breaks for fear of them completely freezing up the rig.
No, these were saves I made myself, usually when a year started (if I remembered).  Usually I immediately resumed the game, but my daily coffee (probably less than 1 litre) was working its way through, so a few times I peed and then resumed the game.  If that was against the rules I'll give back the diploma.

Here are the screenshots, including the start of year 4 (with the toolless blacksmith who will shortly deliver some tools to the storage barn):

kee

Those toolless blacksmiths must have asbestos hands.
Kim Erik

Bracken

I tried a combination of this and the flowerchild one (nonstop, boarding houses only)

I passed, but only a pass.

kee

Full steam ahead, captain. As long as you get the housing up in time I think a laude is in reach with that combo as well.
Kim Erik