News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Instance Count in XXMesh.rsc

Started by slink, October 12, 2014, 04:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

This number varies from 4 in the tavern to 10 in the wooden house.  Does anyone know what the significance of this is?

GraphicsMesh resource
{
String _meshName = "Models\Buildings\Tavern\Tavern.fbx";
int _instanceCount = 4;

GraphicsMesh resource
{
String _meshName = "Models\Apiary.fbx";
int _instanceCount = 5;

GraphicsMesh resource
{
String _meshName = "Models\Buildings\WoodHouse\WoodHouse.fbx";
int _instanceCount = 10;

The only two things of which there are five in the apiary fbx file are create_00x dummies and items in the editor (points, mesh, etc).  I have varied it from 1 to 10 in my brewery and the only effect I can see is that the mod file gets bigger with a larger number.

RedKetchup

surely nothing to do with dummies :P

woodhouse have 2 builders dummy, 1 chimney dummy and 1 use dummy. no create cause it creates nothing, and just 1 use, it s where the citizen go stand when he go heat or eat.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

The hostel has a value of 15.  Could it be that a new instance has to be created for every user?  Does that mean that the ordinary houses can accommodate ten users?  Would that be the five residents and five guests who are warming themselves, or ten residents from some earlier point in the development?  Can people warm themselves at the hostel when it is full?

Inquiring minds are aflame with the possibilities.   ;D

Pangaea

Have you tried setting it to a low value to see what might happen?

irrelevant

If you look at an ordinary house, it does have ten slots in it, even though only five ever are used.