Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Mexican Fantasy V2.1

Started by kid1293, September 12, 2019, 08:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Quote from: kid1293 on September 19, 2019, 10:43:09 PM
Hi all!
To add to the confusion I have changed the numbers on the patches back to what they were.

So, whatever version you have, now you know what's happening.
I'm just a bit confused by what this is supposed to mean, do I need to redownload something, did you just do an update to Mexican Fantasy?

And uhmm, I thought I was you newest reason for sticking around?  :P  You cannot leave here anyhow, we'll fight to keep you here!
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Nilla

I also accept the way you (and many other modders are making their mods). I would never call it a cheat even if using them make the survival part of the game easier. But that´s not the only aspect of Banished. I find it good that there are mods for everyone. I´m sure, I´ve said that before. And the way you do the mods, Kid; they have value also for experienced players like me because they use to be beautiful and fun to use. And as you can see in my latest game; I can always find some challenge if I want to.

Abandoned

If it wasn't for @Abandoned I would not be here. She has a good head and a good heart. :)
She accepts my policy of making the game more accessible for all. Some call it a cheat and
want a harder, unforgiving game. I do not think that is the way to go.

;D @kid1293 If it wasn't for you I would not be here either.  We both agree and work hard to not only have mod fit a theme but keep it basic and useable by everyone.  As any one can see in my last story - Overland Trail -part 4 - Mountain Mission Markets, those patches were not meant to support a town only to kick start it when using more difficult settings.  Any vanilla crop or orchard can be used thus the deco irrigation systems pieces were added for realism.  If anything the patches should be limited to one worker so players do not take advantage.  Likewise, in Red Desert mod, although you tried to reduce cactus fruit after our first testing, they too were not meant to support the town with food and water.  Thank you for changing patch production back to how it was originally made and tested.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: MarkAnthony on September 19, 2019, 11:24:04 PM
Hi all!
To add to the confusion I have changed the numbers on the patches back to what they were.

So, whatever version you have, now you know what's happening.
I'm just a bit confused by what this is supposed to mean, do I need to redownload something, did you just do an update to Mexican Fantasy?
Quote from: Abandoned on September 20, 2019, 06:38:54 AM
Thank you for changing patch production back to how it was originally made and tested.
Oh! THAT patch.... as in the corn, cotton, tomato and peppers!  I thought you meant patches to the mod, like v1.1 to v1.2 etc.   :-[
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Abandoned

yes, the corn, tomato, and pepper patches.  :)  If you downloaded as soon as released, you have original production totals.  Currant download now has those same totals.  :)

kid1293

But the new version has fixed the graphical error.
If in doubt - download it again. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Abandoned

oh yes, the graphic error, I forgot that.  Good thing Nilla found it.  :)

steviethelights

Hello

Thank you for a wonderful mod. I'm using it in combination with your Red Desert and Angainor's Moroccan mods. Looks great.

I'm using a grass start, but I can't find any use for the thatch so far?

EDIT add "I'm also using your Tequila Mod"

I'm stuck with Tequila. I can't figure out the Agave thing at all. Where and how do I plant and collect it?

EDIT 2 add "I can buy the seeds from a trader, silly me"

Thanks again

Stevie

kid1293

@steviethelights
There is no dedicated use for the thatch in the Red Desert update.
You can burn it like firewood. That's all.

stardreamernz

Hi I have this mod and have just tried building some corn and tomato patches.
I have seeds for them both ( i do not have pepper seeds so did not try this)

All of my patches show the yellow circle with a line through as if to suggest no materials. what am i missing here?

Do I need a water tower or something?

Abandoned

@stardreamernz   The irrigated patches do not need seed.  They need water.  There are 3 ways to get water - there is a water barrel to build by the river, there is a water pump that looks like a wind mill to build anywhere, and you can also cut the cactus to get water.

The seed you have from either the start of the map or trading at the trading post get planted in a regular crop field - there is a decorative irrigation piece you can use to look like it is irrigated like the patches, no water needed for regular field, only for the patches.