News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-testing RK Editor Choice beta 08 -09-10-11

Started by Nilla, February 05, 2018, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

As I said, I will go on and test the fodder-fertilizer-greenhouse chain and see how it works more long term, also with the distribution of fodder and fertilizer. As I've said; it's not easy, but it doesn't have to. In fact, I like, that you have to think, when you want to use this.

I haven't played much this weekend, something called "life" has interfered; house full of children. But I did play a few years yesterday evening.

I've built a store for building materials. Seems to work fine except; I've never seen any roof tiles in it. I have more bricks than roof tiles. (plan to build some canals in the sand bricks design) But there isn't that much glass either and there's glass in the store. I will continue to keep an eye on this.

Another small problem is also the fodder in this store. I want my horses to have it! I haven't seen any of your buildings @RedKetchup, that need thatch to construct. But I guess, it has to be "labled" building material, to be compatible with some other mods like Nat Div. I guess we have to live with it in this store. Maybe I can build one close to the stables instead of a stockpile. I don't think it will need a vendor. The laborers will put the fodder in the store, if there's no stockpile and the other vendors will not steal it. Could work.

We now produce a little bit less food than we consume. I will build more fields but I also plan to buy some constantly. I'm not so sure yet what I want to export. It will not be firewood, that's too boring. I've started to buy apples to produce pie for export for a start. I also sell some cheese, perfume and wool coats. The mutton I put in the ports are still there, but I haven't sold any of it.

To cheese; you've changed some numbers @RedKetchup to make it more interesting to consume in the settlement. I like that, but maybe this should be combined with a lower trade price. Cheese is now very profitable to sell.

RedKetchup

i can maybe take -1 value to cheese :P if you think it is really too high.

building material is a very large group. lot of things are construction material. and yes , i need to keep fodder as construction because other mods see it that way.
i personally have only 1 buildings so far in this mod that use fodder as building material : apiary. but i promise, there will more to come in beta 12.

i just verified back again, Rooftiles is the same flag as Bricks : Custom5 = Construction.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I haven't made any notes from the production in the diary yet (or any other production building). There are still quite a few uneducated, who make the number unreliable. But I've seen around 1000 cheese for 2 worker at the most. Now I just looked and there was 1 educated an 1 uneducated diaryman, they made about 800 last year. You must also consider, that in this settlement, the production numbers will be a bit lower than normal. Since they need the double amount of food, they need to go home and eat more often.

If we say a diaryman normally produces at least 500 cheese, with a value of 6, each cheese has trade profit of 5 1/3. That makes the trade profit around 2700 for one worker and 5400 for the site  each year. I find it too much. It's more than firewood and more than pies, that need 3 ingredients.

I guess it's just bad luck, but the Bannis don't like roof tiles. I had the menu open for quite a while and never saw any in that store. As @brads3 use to say; Bannis have a mind of their own. Maybe they think, that roof tiles are heavier than bricks.  :-\ By the way, my idea about another building material store close to the stables work well. It's filled with fodder without vendor. My horses have enough to eat! :)

First picture

Finally got reason to build a canal. I've never used the sand bricks before. Looks very nice. With the new brick roads, it would be possible to "shape up" the area even more.

The mill and the fisher have still the default number of 2. I like the way it is now, with only one in each site very much. I would like the canal buildings that way, too. The mill doesn't grind all crops. I don't know, if it's necessary, but if the other mills do grind oats, rye.... as well.

Second picture

I also needed a supply and goods store in this south east area of the village. It works well. I don't need a vendor all the time. He switches between the grocery store and supply store. The building menu might be a bit confusing. It says "...... sells material to craft various goods (tools, fuel,....."

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 13, 2018, 05:12:35 AM
If we say a diaryman normally produces at least 500 cheese, with a value of 6, each cheese has trade profit of 5 1/3. That makes the trade profit around 2700 for one worker and 5400 for the site  each year. I find it too much. It's more than firewood and more than pies, that need 3 ingredients.

i reduced the number of ingredients, maybe i forgot if the value is ok with it.

The mill and the fisher have still the default number of 2. I like the way it is now, with only one in each site very much. I would like the canal buildings that way, too. The mill doesn't grind all crops. I don't know, if it's necessary, but if the other mills do grind oats, rye.... as well.

oh maybe i forgot to go back and add the new grains to the canal mills.

The building menu might be a bit confusing. It says "...... sells material to craft various goods (tools, fuel,....."

tell me then what should be the comment written.

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 13, 2018, 11:58:53 AM

i reduced the number of ingredients, maybe i forgot if the value is ok with it.

reduced cheese to 3 and yogurt to 2.

Nilla

Quotereduced cheese to 3 and yogurt to 2.
That sounds reasonable.

Quotetell me then what should be the comment written.

I would suggest just take "materials to produce various goods" and the (  ) away. i think that's enough and clear enough.

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 13, 2018, 11:58:53 AM

oh maybe i forgot to go back and add the new grains to the canal mills.

done, i updated all canal mills with oats and rye :)

thanks you ! this is the kind of things this beta test has been set, to find those pearls :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 13, 2018, 12:21:45 PM
I would suggest just take "materials to produce various goods" and the (  ) away. i think that's enough and clear enough.

done !  :)

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 13, 2018, 12:38:52 PM
Quote from: Nilla on March 13, 2018, 12:21:45 PM

done !  :)

I like the menus to give some idea of what kinds of goods are meant. 

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on March 13, 2018, 12:44:27 PM

I like the menus to give some idea of what kinds of goods are meant.

i am not super good at these comments ( i mean the comments i need to put at each buildings i do ^^)

Nilla

I find these menus good as well. But on that store, that contains firewood, tools, clothing..... that text is a bit confusing. I think it's left from the earlier version as this store contained material like clay.

Nilla

Your "no seeds" mod work well @RedKetchup. Thanks again.

There's not much to tell. It's hard to keep up with food production, but that's not new. I don't micromanage much anymore: I still start the harvest manually, and staff the orchards. I also close some small stores from time to time and change the production of different building materials. But most things run automatically.

I've built my third trading port. I'm not sure I should show the picture. @RedKetchup is not always pleased, when you use his mods in a way, they are not meant to. But I dare to show this. I find it looks good. It's also nice to use the small streams for something useful. Mostly they are only in the way, when you build. That might be a wish, to think about for all of your modders; to find buildings  to use the stream in a way that makes sense. There are some in the North (mill, instant fishing, crayfish) and I managed with some effort to place one of Red's sand pits on a stream in my last game, and I also think that if you play CC, there are some frog catcher and duck hunter, that could be placed on a stream, but that's about all I can remember.

I have a question about the markets and the inedible flour.  It looks like flour is not stored on your smaller market place. It only contains costumer's goods, so that might be logical. The small grocery stores however, can contain flour. Flour is special, you want it close to bakers, it's the only place you need it and want it. Now it's spread all over the map to every small store. I have tried to locate bakers a bit spread but that doesn't work well either, I guess I can afford too few vendors to fill the stores fast enough for both the people and the bakery. There are two options to make it work better:

1. Make flour eatable. Let it spread to all small, medium and big markets. Let the people bake their bread and cook their pancakes. It's easy to make an overproduction.
2. Let it stay inedible. Take it away from the small markets. It's better to lacate mills and bakeries together and not letting the flour spread all over the place.

I prefer option 1. ;)

brads3

the old NMT had a grain store.it should store grain or flour ,i believe.this would be a time for the carts i mention,if the cart would bring just grain to a mill and then flour to the bakery.
    SMURF mentioned that as the vendors are busy stocking different items,they get too busy to keep specific items stocked.this "policy" seems to be differ from market to market.i have 2 KID's markets,2 different mods.1 was set to stock miners,it fills 1st with materials and food later.the provision store will fill with food quicker than matertials later. seems there should be ways to use this part of the coding to our advantage.

RedKetchup

you mean cart with a vendor, like a stall ?

brads3

yes,CC has market carts.  could do logs,grain,flour,minerals,etc. that way a worker is used to bring items to supply a workplace. like textile cart feeds a tailor. the only issue will be if the cart fills with a different item. like KID's log depot in the game i have now does store coal and logs.in the TOWNES map, i used KID's market puzzle to move grain to the mills along the canals.the advantage is the vendors can carry more at a time.