Main Menu

[Beta] Tree Of Life

Started by Darkbibou, March 12, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkbibou

Quote from: chillzz on March 19, 2015, 05:34:37 AM
Building cost of tannery, which is the same building as the default tailor,
in my opinion should be the same cost.

This is a temporary appearance. I'm waiting for a 3D model (but the guys who should do it doesn't answer me anymore :()

Ouput from wild animal skin to leather does look a bit high to be honest. i don't know the exact numbers since i have such an excess, but it feels like it's a bit too easy.. but thats just my opinion.

Amount 'gathered' by hunters in meat and skin seems good.

Here are the actual numbers:
Killing a cow: 4 wild animal skin => 8-12 leather per killed cow
Killing a deer: 4 wild animal skin => 8-12 leather per killed deer
Killing a sheep: 2 wild animal skin => 4-6 leather per killed sheep
Killing a chicken: 1 wild animal skin => 2-3 leather per killed chicken

Depending on which animal is killed during the year you can have a big boost in the leather production.
Maybe I should switch to 3 animal skin for the deer (since a deer is smaller than a cow) ?

I don't know if it's possible, since i haven't done any modding or use the modkit for Banished, but looking at the files, it looks like resources/animals etc.  are some sort of classes.
Wouldn't it be possible to pick all info from class::animals and use that data and strings?

so i.e.   use sheep meat string : mutton,  to have 'Wild Mutton'  instead of 'Wild Sheep Meat'
use the values/amounts product of livestock sheep, but only say x%  since wild animals are less fat than livestock versions. If so, it might even be possible to use other animals (from other mods) and use that data.

Concerning the name of things:

Each resource description file (for apples, wood, etc) uses names that are defined in a StringTable file so I can give the name I want to each resource added in my mod.
So, basically, I can change the name the 'Wild sheep meat' to 'Wild Mutton' if I want to (but I like the current name ^^).

Concerning the production values:

They are integers that are hardcoded in the resource description file of each resource and you can't say I want X% of a value written in the resource file of another resource.
The files in the Banished mods are not written in a programming language like the game, it's more like XML files (even though the format is totally different) that are loaded and interpreted by the game.

chillzz

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 19, 2015, 10:54:31 AM
This is a temporary appearance. I'm waiting for a 3D model (but the guys who should do it doesn't answer me anymore :()
Ah okay.

Here are the actual numbers:
Killing a cow: 4 wild animal skin => 8-12 leather per killed cow
Killing a deer: 4 wild animal skin => 8-12 leather per killed deer
Killing a sheep: 2 wild animal skin => 4-6 leather per killed sheep
Killing a chicken: 1 wild animal skin => 2-3 leather per killed chicken

Depending on which animal is killed during the year you can have a big boost in the leather production.
Maybe I should switch to 3 animal skin for the deer (since a deer is smaller than a cow) ?

Yes a deer is closer in size to a sheep then to a cow, so less output of skin / leather would fit better.

Concerning the name of things:

Each resource description file (for apples, wood, etc) uses names that are defined in a StringTable file so I can give the name I want to each resource added in my mod.
So, basically, I can change the name the 'Wild sheep meat' to 'Wild Mutton' if I want to (but I like the current name ^^).

Concerning the production values:

They are integers that are hardcoded in the resource description file of each resource and you can't say I want X% of a value written in the resource file of another resource.
The files in the Banished mods are not written in a programming language like the game, it's more like XML files (even though the format is totally different) that are loaded and interpreted by the game.
I understand. A resourcefile does look more like a config / settings file then a programming language, however in a few files you actually can see it uses functions and calculations.

My thoughts about this were that if you as player added other animals and crops that might not exist now, it would easy to pick that data and strings up.. and use it.
but looks like that it isn't possible (yet?)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

assobanana76

ok. I try it in a new game.. at 32x
no one "wild" animal on the map..
only deers..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Darkbibou

Quote from: assobanana76 on March 20, 2015, 10:59:14 AM
only deers..

Did you put TreeOfLife above CC and choose a [ToL] starting condition ?

assobanana76

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 20, 2015, 12:25:57 PM
Quote from: assobanana76 on March 20, 2015, 10:59:14 AM
only deers..

Did you put TreeOfLife above CC and choose a [ToL] starting condition ?
ToL?
miss me something?
I use medium start condition..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

chillzz

Quote from: assobanana76 on March 21, 2015, 12:57:16 AM
ToL?
miss me something?

With this mod enabled, there are 3 new starting conditions (for now) :
- ToL Easy
- ToL Medium
- ToL Hard

When you pick one of those 3, you get deer, chicken, sheep and cows as wild animals.
Hunters gather wild animal meat and wild animal skin.
new profession / building : tanner / tannery to make leather from wild animal skin.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

purringcat

Not sure what you're looking for in 3d models but there's some stuff floating around out there
A search for free 3d models at Turbo Squid gets you a medieval house, shed, barrels, church and a bear

http://tf3dm.com/3d-models/building
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/paper-english-thatched-house-3ds-free/612282
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/bear-games-polar-3ds-free/397274
http://www.crazy3dfree.com/Model/Terrestrial/index.html

The crazy3dfree site also has a cow model with textures 

assobanana76

Quote from: chillzz on March 21, 2015, 04:13:41 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on March 21, 2015, 12:57:16 AM
ToL?
miss me something?

With this mod enabled, there are 3 new starting conditions (for now) :
- ToL Easy
- ToL Medium
- ToL Hard

When you pick one of those 3, you get deer, chicken, sheep and cows as wild animals.
Hunters gather wild animal meat and wild animal skin.
new profession / building : tanner / tannery to make leather from wild animal skin.
oh damn!!
I don't remembered of this thing!!
I was think enough take it enable!
and when I saw tannery in toolbar I start to search the new "wild animal" without found them!!
I must re-start my new city!!
damn!!

Darkbibou

@assobanana76: yes you need to choose the right starting conditions ^^

@purringcat: actually, I don't have time to learn 3D modeling right now so I'm searching for a 3D modeler that already know how to make buildings compatible with Banished :)

Bobbi

Maybe @RedKetchup will help you when he's not working on Medieval.

RedKetchup

have an idea of what you want, have a draw on paper, a picture , how many tiles x tiles, which textures ... etc ?
trying to imagine and visual a building sometimes is the hardest and take the most long :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

@Gorven, a user of the CC forum have made this:

It looks nice to me so I asked him to share it. He answered me one time to say that he was okay but I got no answer to my following messages :(

Today I've send him a last message to ask him for the current .fbx even if it's not adapted for the game.

To answer your question @RedKetchup :

I think that the building should have the size of an house if possible (or slighlty longer) to be easily incorporated in a small town.

Concerning the textures, it would be great if they could look likes the basegame textures (for a better integration).

The element that are important for this buildings in my opinion are the the drying animal skins, the cistern with tannery compounds and the easels with stretched skins.

RedKetchup

something like that can be made very easily...

gimme some time, today i have alot of computer problems , tons of BSoD :( i dunno whats going on, i feel i ll have to buy a new motherboard this week /cry

(va ptre falloir que je trouve le moyen d'acceder a un microbytes ou quelque chose cette semaine)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 22, 2015, 02:21:17 AM
@assobanana76: yes you need to choose the right starting conditions ^^

@purringcat: actually, I don't have time to learn 3D modeling right now so I'm searching for a 3D modeler that already know how to make buildings compatible with Banished :)
ok .. it was still destiny ...
after all this time that I was not playing, I left with a city making mistakes beginner.  >:(
few crops, later placed the BS, a few houses etc ..
and then @RedKetchup is still to release a new version of its Medieval Town!!
needs to apply the restart!  ::)

Darkbibou

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 22, 2015, 06:53:52 PM
something like that can be made very easily...

For someone with experience perhaps ^^

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 22, 2015, 06:53:52 PM
gimme some time, today i have alot of computer problems , tons of BSoD :( i dunno whats going on, i feel i ll have to buy a new motherboard this week /cry

(va ptre falloir que je trouve le moyen d'acceder a un microbytes ou quelque chose cette semaine)

I've waited for Gorven for two weeks to get nothing at the end so I think that I can easily wait a bit for one of your model Red :D

Pour tes problèmes de BSOD:
- utilises tu bien la dernière version des pilotes de ta carte graphique ?
- as tu essayé de changer le port PCI express sur lequel est branché ta carte graphique ? (si ta carte mère en a plusieurs)
- as tu essayé de changer le/les port(s) sur lesquels sont branchés les cable alimentant ta carte graphique ? (si alim modulaire)