News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Set: Japan

Started by angainor88, December 30, 2019, 06:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Very attractive.  I like that black roof texture.

angainor88

The Kitakata House is done! It matches the market in textures.

angainor88

Getting close to the end now, here is the Murata house!

Glenn

nikochan387

galensgranny

angainor88

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I realize I've been working on this for at least a year now... but it's so close to being done :)

This is the next house, the Nagaya Rowhouse (nagaya does essentially mean rowhouse, but all my house have two names, so...)

Abandoned

:)  It is time well spent, the mod looks great.  Very nice textures and styles.  Great work.

angainor88

The last house is complete! This is the Boatbuilders House

I am going to make one expansion type house (little add-on for 3 people) and then do some work to make sure they all work together, then this will be done!

angainor88

The housing and storage set is finally here!

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=619

Let me know what you think!

I have some things I need to fix/update in the other parts of the mod, so there may be some compatibility issues for now. Put the Houses part on top and see how it goes...

angainor88

Just an update on the plans for the future:

1. Updating the rest of the parts of the Japan mod (fixing bugs, adding a few small items)

2. Updating the the Morocco and South Africa mods (mostly fixing the toolbars).

3. Making an All-In-One Japan mod, if possible

Let me know if there's any bugs you've noticed, or buildings you feel were missing from the set!

kid1293

Hi @angainor88
Just remember there is a limit to uploading to this site.
I have experienced around a max of 29-30 MB.
If you make a combined mod, you maybe have to have it on another server.

Fantastic work so far! :) :) :)

jerica

I've been playing around with the set a bit, and it's beautiful! The texture work is just incredible. My only real critique thus far is that it's very reliant on getting a trader up and running quickly, since the rice/tea/soy/etc have to be traded for. It might be nice if the rice paddies could actually be set to grow rice or soy, kind of like Kid's patches and farmyards. Just a thought.

angainor88

Unfortunately that's one of the limits of Banished, I'm afraid. Waiting to unlock the seeds, that is.

I am not sure how Kid's farmyards work, but I wanted to have the rice paddy act like a crop field (ie have it plant in spring, harvest in fall) rather than have a continuous output. I don't know if there's any way to limit which crops are planted in a field like that.

Also, thank you @kid1293! Your help has been invaluable on this project. I hope I can fit it on this site, but if not, I will host it elsewhere and put a link here for it.

angainor88

Also, just updated the Japanese miscellaneous part to include a couple decorative quay pieces and an updated decoration toolbar.