News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Infinite: Designing a Town for no human interaction.

Started by smurphys7, December 23, 2017, 11:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 16, 2018, 03:05:24 PM
I'm 1/2 way to catching up to irrelevant and almost 1/3 of the way to my personal challenge of 5,000 years.  I get about 35 years per hour.

Good luck!

What is the speed mod you are using?

irrelevant

irrelevant

Okay, it is running faster. Not 200x, which is what I typed in, but maybe 15x. And you're right, at this speed, it does do better with the UI panels closed.

smurphys7

I am curious to see if you get any actual increased speed.  You can type in any high ludicrous number you want.  You will still be limited by CPU power.  My tiny towns could legitimately do 100-200x.  My town with 90 homes doesn't even get close to that.

irrelevant

It seems somewhat faster. I'll see how it does overnight.

smurphys7

I have simulated over 2500 with no human interaction.  I'm at the year 2600+ and I stopped pressing any buttons around year 50.  I stitched together some population graphs from yesterday:

As mentioned before, the entire simulation is about keeping the total number of adults at or above the total number of employed workers.  Translation: keep the green line above 54.  From the graph above, it seems like the green line rare crosses under 100.  It also seems like 90 might be a safe estimate at the lowest number of adults.

In the 2500 years I have simulated I know of 2 occurences of my adult population dropping drastically lower than 100.

I hit 56 adultsthis morning! Screenshot of having only 2 Laborers.  That is what I call a fluke year.  My town barely survived.  Had I failed I would drop the 2 Tailors and 3 Hunters.  I believe I would still have enough food to sustain 90 houses but I am not 100% sure.

irrelevant

Quote from: irrelevant on March 17, 2018, 05:49:26 PM
It seems somewhat faster. I'll see how it does overnight.
It froze up overnight, and of course no auto-save, so I won't be doing this. ;)

irrelevant

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 18, 2018, 08:27:06 AM
I have simulated over 2500 with no human interaction.  I'm at the year 2600+ and I stopped pressing any buttons around year 50.  I stitched together some population graphs from yesterday:
Really well done! I'm sure I never would have figured this out, I'm not nearly this clever. I just overpowered my willful town with trial and error and stubbornness.  ;D

smurphys7

You have a real town with personality, uniqueness, flavor and life.  I have, on average, 100 useless mouths walking in circles in cemeteries.

It also helps that I get to go at x50 to x100 speed and you only get x2 speed.  I get to fail 20 times more and learn from mistakes much faster.

irrelevant

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 18, 2018, 05:33:15 PM
You have a real town with personality, uniqueness, flavor and life.  I have, on average, 100 useless mouths walking in circles in cemeteries.
LOL!

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 18, 2018, 05:33:15 PM
It also helps that I get to go at x50 to x100 speed and you only get x2 speed.  I get to fail 20 times more and learn from mistakes much faster.
I wish I had known about that speed cheat 3 years ago!

Nilla

I find both of you great, doing this! Different approach, but both trial and error in its own way. It's very nice to follow your different methods, success and failures. :)

smurphys7

I have reached the year 3800.  That means I am 3/4 of the way towards my goal of 5,000 years.  I intended to have another long stitched-together graph of the population but I messed up.  I changed the install location and it reset my keybinds.  For the last 1000 years I have been taking screenshots with no UI.  I have a long series of pictures of just my Town Hall in various seasons.

Nothing noteworthy has occurred in the last 1,000 years.

Picture of the simulation running at low quality and low resolution.

Nilla

I like that picture. I would call it. "Gathering of the tool-less on the cemetery" ;)

smurphys7

This will likely be my final test.

Screenshot #1.  Year 4956. 9 Children and 226 Adults.

Population Graph at the same point in time.

I consider year 5050 being done.  I stopped pressing buttons at about year 40.