News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Maritimes Collection - Seeking suggestions

Started by MarkAnthony, August 23, 2019, 11:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Good morning.   :)

So far I've played Banished in several different ways: I started with Vanilla Banished, then played North, then RKEC, then Discrepancy's then a hybrid mix of RKEC/DS then DS/RKEC. I'm now ready to try something new for a change of scenery.

I'd like to try out @Necora 's Maritimes mods. From what I can gather (read in the forums thus far) is that Necora's Pine Set mod is the main mod. Necora's Maritimes Volume 1 Legacy Collection contains the following mods:

• Maritimes Coverings
  • Maritimes Crystal Cliffs
  • Maritimes Decorations
  • Maritimes Dock Set
  • Maritimes Humble Construction
  • Maritimes Log Cabins
  • Maritimes Nova Scotia Inshore Fisheries
  • Maritimes Patches: Flax Patch & New Pine Flora
  • Maritimes Prince Edward Island Shore Fisheries
  • Maritimes Pine Set
  • Maritimes Port Royal
  • Maritimes Riffle
  • Maritimes Sherbrooke Village
  • Maritimes Storage
  • Maritimes Trees
The only information I read from Necora himself in an old forum post is that I do not need to use Maritimes Trees if I am using Maritimes Pine Set since they do the same thing regarding trees. Is there anything else that would be helpful to know? Maybe a specific mod order for these if needed? I was thinking that since the Maritimes Pine Set mod is the main mod perhaps that should be on top, please correct me if I am wrong.

What I really came here for this morning is so seek recommendations as to what other mods would best compliment Necora's set as listed here. I once read an old post of @Nilla 's and @brads3 jumped into the conversation there too. Between them they were talking about using some of @kid1293 's mods and some of @RedKetchup 's mods too. I was wondering what those mods may have been and why they were added; I mean was something missing from Necora's mods that you needed Kid's and Red's to fill in the blanks? And speaking of something being absent, how about the most important building of them all?! A school! Does Necora's mods include a school too? Please note I'm short on time this morning, I have to go to work soon otherwise I'd search out each of those mods and read their pages myself. I just thought you'd recall quickly offhand if a school was available.

But again my true purpose is mainly to see what any of you may suggest as being good complimenting /supporting mods to go along with Necora's collection.

P.S.: And should I use @tanypredator 's New Flora mod with these? I've never used New Flora or @Bartender 's Natural Diversity mods before mainly because there seems to be a lot of not conflicts per se but compromises when used with other major mods (read: special requirements needed to get them to work together).

Thank you. 

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

much depends on what you prefer. the nat div mod adds thatch. this is used as a building material it can be burned by houses like firewood. there are some graphic upgrades with the nat div mod to the  gathered plants.this mod also gives meadows instead of just forests.use the original version only of the nat div mod.   the new flora mod adds  wild bees,flax,and wild oats. many layers prefer not to use this since it does contain a grain,so can make the game easier.if you do use this,Necora has made patches for this mod to work with the pine mod. KID has made several mods using TANDY'S new flora items.i would look into adding some of those if you do choose to use the new flora.KID has a forest outpost mod that works with the nat div.those buildings require the thatch asa  build material. there is a normal version of the F.O. modso you have a choice.

the maritime collection started out as 1 mod.Necora broke it into sections over time in developing it. it is a location in Canada on the coast. i would place the pine mod at the top. add the patches if you need to in the order Necora stated. the flax patch was mainlymade to work with CC flax. it doesn't fix all versions of flax and make them interchangeable.if you are not using CC, you can forget this patch. you can use the new flora patch with or without the new flora mod.you just won't have Tandy's buildings.

there are schools and townhalls and a clinic added into the pine and Sherbrooke sets. Crystal Cliffs adds goats and chicken coops.these do require domestic animals.you can get these by trading or use the CC stable addon mod. all of these must be fed a grain to produce.i would put these near the top with the pine mod before any crop mods.Port Royal is a fort.it is a very dark color,at least on my computer. the Riffle mod is a terraforming mod plus adds some water spaces as well.this is handy for making your own ponds.

i like to add the mini buidings mod mainly for the townhall ,so i can get info and nomads faster.if you use this, i would add RED's townhall and trading fix mods.i would add RED's townhall fix at the very top of the mod order to avoid any crashes from trading posts.

most of KID's mods will work without causing issues. you have many options depending on what style of houses you want to play with.you will only have deer and no other wild animals unless you add them from another mod.

MarkAnthony

Thanks for the reply @brads3 . You mentioned a lot of stuff so I had to read it twice!  :D

I just finished loading all of Necora's mods minus the Maritimes Trees mod and the New Flora Patch. From what I briefly saw there are no additional maps or climates or starting conditions with Necora's mods so do you agree I would be okay with using @RedKetchups RKEC Extra Lite for his maps and starting conditions and animals or will RKEC somehow interfere with the natural resources of Necora's?

Up above you said, "There is a normal version of the F.O. mod so you have a choice." What do you mean by F.O? Did you mean N.F as in New Flora?

Up above you also said, "The maritime collection started out as 1 mod". That got me to thinking about a couple of things. Since Necora hasn't been online here since February 2019 I won't bother trying to send him a personal message so I will ask you instead: (Because you're a good sport like that!)   ;D

(1)The Meritimes Decorations and Meritimes Storage were items that were pulled from Necora's other mods. So do I assume correctly that if I use all of Necora's other mods then I wouldn't need these two loaded?

(2)You said, "You can use the new flora patch with or without the new flora mod, you just won't have Tandy's buildings." Why would I use the New Flora Patch if I am not using the New Flora mod (yet)? Is there another useful purpose to that patch?

(3)You suggested using the CC Stable addon mod. BlackLiquid's site still isn't completed yet, the download section is lacking considerably. Do you have a copy of that mod I can borrow have?  :P

Thanks @brads3

brads3

the RK Lite depends on if RED changed the trees  in the lite version.RED added some of the pine mod trees to the RK EC.  to get more wild animals i would try using KIDs westward HO mod below the pine and other Necora mods. or KIDs wildlife start mod
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2857.0

since the start settings aren't set by any of Necora's mods, this should load the animals and starts from KID's mods,but leave the pine mod intact.

you do need to load the storage mod. the new flora adds wild bees and wild oats. i did find a trick to using the flora patch, i use it with the RK, but in your case you do not need it.i use it with RED's RKEC since his trees offset the pine mod.so no it isn't needed.

RED may want to  move this file to the download section thank you sir.

MarkAnthony

Thanks for the CC Stable mod @brads3 .

You did miss a question from my last reply though so I will repeat it here if you don't mind. Up above you said, "There is a normal version of the F.O. mod so you have a choice." What do you mean by F.O? Did you mean N.F as in New Flora?

I was on the "Who's Online" page and I saw RedKetchup was looking at this thread but he didn't reply to anything here yet. I'm curious as to what he'd say regarding your last reply about his trees. I won't @tag Red, he's a busy busy guy!  ROFL   :P   So I'll wait patiently and maybe he'll respond soon. In the mean time I will skip RKEC Xtra Lite for now and go with Kid's Westward Ho like you suggested. I always wanted to try that one of @kid1293 's and now I have a reason to! Yay!  hehe

I'm gonna have a fun weekend trying these new new to me mods out.

Thanks for the help Good Sir!

brads3

KID's F.O. mod is the forest outpost mod. there are 2 versions of it. plain and a nat div version.

MarkAnthony

Thanks for the clarification. You abbreviate a lot. Most of the time I catch on I think.  ;)

There's still one abbreviation or acronym I am not sure of. The modders used it a few times in their forum chats. They said AO this or AO that... blah blah blah. No clue what AO is. I assume it has to do with one of their graphics programs they use for modding. I tried Googling it but that didn't help in the least!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@MarkAnthony Kid Westward Ho mod has it's own special start condition, prairie grass, trees, and buffalo.  You do not want to use with RKEC light or any other mod that adds terrain, trees, animals, or special starts.  If you must have other mods with those conditions then you should use Kid Westward Ho Wagons - which is wagons only - no start, terrain, grass, trees, or animals.

edit :  Kid Wildlife start should also not be used with Westward Ho.

MarkAnthony

Thanks Abandoned, and yes I am using Westward Ho too.

So here's the mods I am using in my current game. It includes all of Necora's mods and Kid's Westward Ho, Natural Diversity and New Flora. This is my first time using all of these mods mentioned above. I am enjoying myself so far.

It was a really nice surprise from @kid1293 that I got Town Hall stats and a mini-school right off the bat. Gotta love having stats at the start of game, right!  8) But I got a few questions for you Kid, regarding Westward Ho. First is, which of your Westward Ho starts include the mini-school and Town Hall stats? The start I used for this current game is Pioneer Prairie Circle and it had them but do your other starts have them too? The second question is, did you know your Town Hall stats on the angled wagon doesn't have the minimize button? And lastly is there a reason your Prairie starts suggest we use them on Prairie Map, would something be missing otherwise if I was to select a Prairie Start on a Valley Map?

My last question is for anyone who might know: I don't recall if it was Necora's mods, or Kid's or the rest of them but a couple of production buildings require Charcoal (or Firewood) to work. I'd like to keep the Firewood for the Banies to heat their homes (for now) and to sell via the Trade Ports. I looked a few times and maybe I am missing it but in these mods I am using, which one has something to produce Charcoal? I can't find a way to make Charcoal.  Do I need to load another mod or just wait for a Trader to sell me some?

EDIT: I forgot two other questions: Can someone explain to me how the Stable, Milk Pen, Small Animal Hutch, Small Animal Pen works? Necora's button description says to place down an animal decoration for whichever option I would like these things to make, such as Rabbits for Fur, Chickens for Eggs, Cows for Milk etc but all Necora has as animal decorations is a Decorative Goat.

The New Flora mod has those special buttons for gathering a bunch of different items. Do I even need to use those if I am using Necora's New Flora Patch? I mean, doesn't Necora's set of Gatherers pick that stuff up anyways?  It seems a bit redundant to use those gathering buttons and I feel like I am trespassing into the radii circles of Necora's gatherers/foresters if I was to use those gathering buttons. What I mean is if I use those New Flora gathering buttons inside the radius circles of Necora's stuff I feel like then the Gatherers won't have anything to pick up.

Thanks.

brads3

you can make charcoal in the pitch kiln.it is used to make maple sap. the decoration animals are just that there are huts that you can build these have different options and need to be fed a grain,usually corn. the CC stables also needs grain to produce the domesric animals. these are needed to build  the animal huts.

gatherers may not show all items they collect. limited by the menu. when sending laborers to collect food not every tool will collect all items. this is common when adding multiple mods. when sending them to gather foods,i use 1  tool then go back over the area with another tool just to be safe. i do the same thing with the RK EC. send workers for food and then go back over the same area with the firewood tool and herbs. as long as they are searching thru an area, they may as well pick up whatever they find.   

NECORA did set up the laborers.the workers are smarted with the pine mod. various 1's will clear traps. workers no longer destroy birdnests but will collect the eggs. some items are on a delay,so you might not see everything at the start. you also have different gathering huts. 1 for the maple and apples,1 for the pine forest, and a normal 1. you should be able to trade clothing or textiles easily.

MarkAnthony

Thanks for pointing me to the Pitch Kiln. I'll look for it next time I log in.

Did you understand what I meant though about the New Flora gathering buttons? Assuming the New Flora Patch makes it so that Necora's Pine Gatherer, Maple Gatherer and Necora's Vanilla Gatherer can pick up the New Flora ground spawn, then it would be redundant of me to also use the New Flora gathering buttons, no? Necora's various gatherers should already be responsible for picking that stuff up right?

I feel like I am wasting so much time using all these gathering buttons to clean up areas, especially the radius circles for Foresters and Gatherers. I already pick up, ore, stone (fodder-thatch and copper ore if using RKEC), deadwood, and a couple other things when cleaning up Forester/Gatherer radius circles. I skip flowers when using RKEC because flowers spawn food, I skip herbs, and I skip wild foods in the circles too and leave that for the Gatherers. The only time I pick up the other misc stuff is when I am clearing places outside of the radius circles.

I'm wondering if I should just drop Nat Div and New Flora. All I was really after and hoping for is a nicer variety of trees. None of Necora's mods uses thatch but I am wondering if I will lose the other trees if I drop New Flora. I know Necora's Pine Mod has the Maple Forester to plant Maple Trees but I want Maple trees elsewhere too out side of the Forester Circle.

I don't know...

brads3

i don't send any laborer for food in an area that a gatherer is working.so no i don't see the point in that.what i said about going over an area with 2 or more tools is for virgin lands. you won't lose trees  from either the Nat Div or new flora mods. nat div adds grass and improves graphics of the food plants.no trees. the new flora adds some different foods and the wild bees for wild honey. the pine mod is controlling your trees.it plants them all over ,but only those planted by a forester produce apples and maple sap or pine items. traps can occur everywhere also.

MarkAnthony

kid1293

Hi @MarkAnthony
It is only the start conditions with a Wagon Circle that has the town hall/school from the start.

;D No, I didn't know I missed minimize button on angled Master Wagon.

I thought about getting the prairie experience when I wrote 'Should be played on a prairie map'
It is nothing wrong with choosing another terrain. Experiment! :)

Lastly. I have never used charcoal.