Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

just do a little test :

start a new city with just CC and go check if horses is there
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

about cc version :

1620 => iron curtain => excellent adventure => curse of golden lama => new frontier => the forge awaken

mrbisonm

Start a new game? It will take ages before I find out if the trader will offer horses.......lol

So, I suppose Iron Curtain is the last one, right?

Thanks

Fred

RedKetchup

the forge awaken is the last one : 1.6
new frontier is the 1.5
lama = 1.4
ea = 1.3
curtain 1.2

and so on

A Nonny Moose

Fred,

Good luck.  To straighten out your plugins would be a major effort, and if you can live without those equiform cows, I think you are better off.

To really get a handle on it, you would have to restore the game to its original set up with no plugins, then drop them in a few at a time, testing after each add until you determined which ones you really need and want.

You and I both know what a horrible mess you can get into by loading up too many plugins, for example, in SimCity 4.  We have bailed out several players of that game by advising a restart using a binary search algorithm to isolate disagreeable adds, and you might consider using the same technique here.

I have very few plugins in Banished.  You can probably count them on one hand, because I am ultra cautious, and when I get to where I want to be, I simply stop adding.

So, have a good time, my friend, and if you do find the time you might consider why you have three copies of the CC mod.

John
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

mrbisonm

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 26, 2016, 09:04:42 AM
the forge awaken is the last one : 1.6
new frontier is the 1.5
lama = 1.4
ea = 1.3
curtain 1.2

and so on

Wow, and I thought I had all three existing ones. Didn't even know about the frontier and the forge........(slap in the face)

Nonny Moose, I am doing fine with all those plugins, have all kinds of things in my game and enjoying it quite well, but you're right, three copies of CC is too much. The problem is though that I can't take one out with saved games, it will crash.
But for my future starts I will do what you said, taking in one by one. ;)

Btw, I still have those freaking 14 Gb's of Lots and props in my Plugin of SC4, having fun like nuts with them too, and even more, I think 27 Gb's in my modfolder of FS 2013.....lol....You see, I didn't start this "collecting " stuff with Banished. ;)

Fred

Paeng

Quote from: mrbisonm on February 26, 2016, 03:34:28 PMthree copies of CC is too much.

Yes, you should only load one , you can not enable three versions of CC at the same time - choose just one.

Actually it makes sense to load only the latest (The Forge Awakens, v1.6), it contains everything from the previous version(s).

The only reason to use an older version would be if for some reason you do not want to patch to the Banished Beta (BanishedPatch_1.0.4_To_1.0.5.151214.Beta) yet... in that case I'd recommend to use the New Frontier (v1.55) on top of the last full Banished version (BanishedInstaller_1.0.4_x64.msi).

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

mrbisonm

Thanks Paeng, good advice. ;) I will get the Frontier for the New games.

Fred

A Nonny Moose

Well, Fred, I guess I am simply more anal than you.  I don't keep old games that I consider either finished or dead for one reason or another.  I actually have a Linux script that cleans off my saved files completely except for the header (wipeBanished).  I do hourly saves (usually) so this can lead to a lot of junk laying around.

mrbisonm

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on February 27, 2016, 05:54:17 AM
..........so this can lead to a lot of junk laying around.

Maybe I'm a "Junky".......lol.......no actually I am a "conservateur". I still have my first game I played on a computer and sometimes even fired it up......Serf City....Remember this one? Windows didn't exist at that time, nor Linux. That's when I discovered Computers.

Back to my Banished. I just started a new game with new Plugins/Mods or whatever we call them. Way less than before and none interefering with each other. Just waiting for the right Trader to come by offering me horses.
;)

Fred

A Nonny Moose

Well, if the horses are present in the game, you should get them.  Question is whether they are now included in your pasture list box.  Hope so.

What were you going to do with the horses?  Far as I can tell, they appear to be meat animals.

mrbisonm

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on February 28, 2016, 06:36:14 AM
What were you going to do with the horses?  Far as I can tell, they appear to be meat animals.

I don't know yet what to do with them, but I have read somewhere that they can be used as trade animals and pay a lot. Besides, I am curious, I always like new things and see what, why, how and when they do. ;)

Fred

Paeng

Quote from: mrbisonm on February 28, 2016, 08:01:40 AMI have read somewhere that they can be used as trade animals and pay a lot.

Yeah, that might be one of the companion mods though... yep, here -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oKJ9gdaP7deUlhYjdpbWh5N1k/view?usp=sharing

Had to be done after a small uproar in the forum, like "How could anyone eat noble horses"...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

mrbisonm

Quote from: Paeng on February 28, 2016, 11:16:52 PM
Quote from: mrbisonm on February 28, 2016, 08:01:40 AMI have read somewhere that they can be used as trade animals and pay a lot.

Yeah, that might be one of the companion mods though... yep, here -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oKJ9gdaP7deUlhYjdpbWh5N1k/view?usp=sharing

Had to be done after a small uproar in the forum, like "How could anyone eat noble horses"...  ;)

Interesting, thanks Paeng for the Linkie!

Fred

A Nonny Moose

Horses are perfectly good meat animals.  Ask the French.

The North American culture sees horses as pets, and we don't eat dogs and cats either.  (except for the occasional roof rabbit).