News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

STUPER TEST: Swedes

Started by brads3, March 03, 2018, 12:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 29

now that i have salt being mined,i add the nordic salt house and oven.

with the forward post built,i run tests on the fort parts.the quartermaster brings military supplies. these are required to build the pieces and used by the blockhouse to give silver pfenning. the silver feeds the musket range and it produces a variety of goods and.the work camp has an issue related to iron tools.it stores them for a short time and then the worker moves the tools back out.the forward post stores over 300 military supplies but never has any outputs.the soldier never tries to move uniforms or muskets.i left this run a bit. finally it gave 8 bottles of vodka spirits for 200 military supplies.not very good at all.i haven't used this mod so it will need another test.
      the precious mine gives silver,gold,or gemstones.since the metals are not ore,the smelter does not work.a gem smith is built to see if we can cut diamonds. it doesn't store gems,since they are not rough gemstones.the precious and placer mines are the only 2 buildings working from the set so far.this will need to be tested higher in the mod order.

pic 1: nordic oven and salt shed
pic 2: my precious gem smith fails to cut "rough" gems
pic 3: production of the fort buildings,workcamp fails,forward post doesn't work right.

brads3

YEAR 30

Population 129 in 32 houses.0% educated.more than doubled in 10 years.the fort has been cleared and built.there are 2 mod sets with issues. only half the fort parts function and the my precious mines only.i also have the mine and greenhouse areas started.there has been some struggles. the bannies had to search for stones constantly and then they used logs as fast as the trees were cut.the terraforming to the mines  was very frustrating and cost time.and yes now the food reserve has dropped off.
       having 10yr old laborers seems to stunt the growth of the town.it changes when houses and new jobs are needed.sometimes the bannies refuse to move after they turn 15.doesn't work as smoothly as i am used to.i do think it will get better in time.

since there are extra workers in the fort,a feild is cleared and a animal shed is built.a worker is added to the sawmil to push the firewood up.i checked the laborers.they are mixed between the fort and start village.there are 2 10yr olds.the old way i wouldn't have these til they graduated and were ready to move.there is 2 females of age.a single male with children lives beside 1. there is also a younger single male elsewhere.really leaves everything stuck.since there are more laborers at the fort,i will build a wood house to the south.hopefully a pair move into it.a tower hunter will be aded at the edge of the fodder meadow.this will help increase the textiles and clothing.

i have been mannaging the market vendors.the food markets are filled and empty the barns then the workers switch to the material wharehouses to move goods.muskets that should be crafted is being stored in the industrial barn.coal is being stored as logs in the log depot.looking over the limit flags silver stores as textile.coins store as finished goods,thatch and lumber are construction,and gold is stored as precious.logs is wood,fuel is firewood,industrial fuel is charcoal.coal,iron ore,and gems seems to be minerals.to be safe, i did add some piles near the mines along with RED's general covered pile.i have added a variety of barns so everything has a place.the only concern would be if the coal filled the log depot.

the smoked meat got traded for food. at 3 to 1, it helped increase our reserves.the meat won't be restocked to the trading post until we have a better surplus.
      since a 12yr old female moved into the new wood house,no more houses will be built for a few years.

the nordic salt cabin won't store salt.it has a flag issue due to the mod order setup.add it to the list.

pic 1: stats,my precious toolbar
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: 10yr food graph
pic 5: parafe grounds decorative piece

Nilla

Since you have no educated; how is the uneducated penalty in this mixed game; like the North or vanilla?

Nordic or vanilla penalty; you do know that some professions are very unproductive with uneducated workers. The uneducated rather destroy material than make something useful from it; like the tools in my last Nordic game; it's better to sell the ingredients and buy the tools, or hide coats in a vanilla game; as far as I remember you get 1 coat from 2 leather. If you have 6 leather you can make 3 coats or sell them for 60 and buy 4 coats.

brads3

have not checked it.i should build schools.having laborers at such a young age messes with my housing count.it is functioning with 0 education, though it would be smoother with schools. how or can i get leather from deer? the tower hunter gives leather hit and miss,sometimes deerhides.the only other leather i have is process the cowhides.

Nilla

That´s the only way to make leather in the North. But you can also use the deer hides for clothing. Of cause I don´t know how the other mods work here.

RedKetchup

whats going on with your mini townhall window ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

the mini mod is 1.06. those extra #'s are the new limit flags.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on March 14, 2018, 11:03:22 AM
the mini mod is 1.06. those extra #'s are the new limit flags.

oh ok ! still lucky it doesnt crash your game when you click on it ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YEAR 31-32

to help our food reserve,a greenhouse and fisherman are added to the fort and another field is cleared.the builders are busy digging a tunnel thru the mine mountain.

a group of 23 nomads arrive.a 2nd barracks is needed for temporary housing.some will work the fodder meadow and begin work on a stables.most head across the river to work the forests.yes these nomads will hurt the food count,but the payoff in the long run is worth it.an FO forest is started with a nordic gatherer and hunting hut.then a mixed CC orchard forest will be worked.it will supply grapes,cherry,and chesnuts.a pile,IRR barn,and  cabins are added to both forests.an old hunter cabin is built to hunt the mixed forest.a pine trapper and mini wood cutter are build with the mixed forest.
     the fodder stables and well to the south should supply fertilizer as soon as there is fodder.the laborers helped clear some trees in the meadow.

pic 1: 2nd barracks,
pic 2: FO forest with nordic gather and hunter,
pic 3: construction of mixed CC orchard forest with RK's old hunter cabin.
pic 4: fodder stables and well

brads3

YEAR 33

after taking a large group of nomads,i need a to regroup and check some progress.there are 3 couples with several children still in the barracks.there are 2 houses already being built.food production was 3000 less than used but that includes stocking the new houses.2 gatherers and 2 hunters should bring it close to break even.i did have a drop in tool production since there wasn't enough iron ore.i also check inventory and adjust the trading posts.
     these extra young laborers screw up my math. normally i could build a house for every 2 workers. that doesn't work witgh the young generation as they won't move out.the math shows 15 houses,but i count 4 plus the 3 for the barrack families.
     1 house will expand the fields going north and 2 more will add to the mining village.a tiny mine and RH blacksmith will make more tools.then i will see how well the food is. i'd like to add a furrier tailor to make pelt coats.

a merchant brings rice along with stone tools and food.a rice paddy can be used to supply more food to the fort.

i do have 2 things to point out.there is a texture change to the log cabins.they went from a brown to a more grayish look.this may be solved by mod order.deer hunters bring in deer hides not leather.i tried RED's hunter cabin and got the same results.this will make acquiring leather very challenging.the only leather is by processing cowhides or the tower hunters.totally different than i am used to.there is room in the fort for EB's leather chain to make saddles,if i can get the leather count high enough.

ok,now i have a situation. the greenhouses require glass.this town is not ready to produce it.this changes my strategy. glad i took the rice to help feed the fort since the greenhouses will have to wait.the precious mine switches from silver to gold,to give another trade good.a 2nd musket range is set up since other fort workplaces don't function.this will give ale and pipe tobacco to trade.then, i will try to build the nordic trade post. a worker starts to make wheelbarrows and another digs clay.
    our food output increased for the year.our tools and clothing improved with some trades.

pic 1:log cabin grayish texture
pic 2: miner's blacksmith fed by the tiny mine
pic 3: rice paddy to help feed fort
pic 4: doubled the musket range
pic 5 nordic trading dock

brads3

YEAR 34

to improve the fishing,a fish pier on either side of the fort will be built.until now, they were quick fishermen. the pier does give a little more fish.
      i can't say if lack of education is hurting or not.many of the buildings are from the north or untested CC sets.there are climate differences as well.the pasture produces less but also has less cows with the NORTH mod.crops are close to 500 each here. with CC,there would be fields at 700,a 200 safety.that is gone.orchards are half what they would be.the tool shortage was caused by lack of iron ore.the mines produce iron.the fort blacksmith switched to stone tools and the mine bs produces steel tools.i do think the tower hunters would produce more if they were educated.
     i add more houses and storage.another field is plowed and a fur tailor is built.this will make pelt coats.

pic 1: fur tailor
pic 2 trader storage

brads3

how far do i want to run this map? there is tons not tested. i do know several changes have to be made to the mod order and tests ran.some things the order should fix.others i am sure will be a give and take more so.
       the pine and nat div mods function but are not in sync with the map.by itself the pine gatherer works as it should.the CC and north gatherer has issues.they wait til june to start collecting foods.they also don't collect the pine or ND items.though both mods are higher in mod order,they have a conflict.since the NORTH mod has locks,i am concerned it will cause conflicts even if pushed lower.
       there is much to the NORTH mod i do like.the rustic buildings is 1.assuming the bannies eat the same amount of food,i actually like the challenges of the climate changes.the mild here plays tougher than a normal fair.the animals require more pasture space per animal.the crops and orchards produce less but i do think it is realistic.it makes the game more challenging but not overly difficult. i do wish the mod didn't override all deer hunters. i do wish there were more ways to have leather. i also wish the north trapper was overrode by the pine mod. the pine trapper will collect different items such as game and eggs.the gathering system coded into the pine mod is less destructive.it affects not only the gatherers and laborers but also foresters. due to conflicts with the north mod,the pine gathering ability is having a negative afffect.even the gatherers are collecting less amounts.iron bloom is unique to the north mod.the game won't consider bloom and ore as the same item.in order for the bloom to work,the north has to be the map base start mod.i have the CC terrain above this mod to give the larger map size.
      the trade system that TOM designed is also unique to the NORTH.not all items cost the same all the time.you get seeds that are cheaper once in a while. the merchants pay different amounts for items.this brings a nice change. i did plan to highlight this once i had more trading built up.
      RED's CHOICE is more challenging.though i haven't used many of the buildings,i can see the build requirements have been changed.the fodder hut grows fodder that is textured fodder but is collected as thatch.the stable uses thatch.this is due to the ND mod being above it.it works nicely this way with doffer and thatch being usesd the same.the conflicts with the my precious ores and rough gems might be solvable with mod order.the trade post fatal error most likely a conflict with the north mod.not major since there are plenty of modded trading posts.the biggest issue i had with the CHOICE was trying to get a start map that didn't have the dark texture.it was a strange conflict that mod oder didn't seem to help.i do know TOM and RED compared notes to try and solve this.i do prefer the grass texture of the valley over the CC verdant plains grass.
    the CC mods have not brought feathers.grouse have been hunted with no bonemeal or feathers collected.the fort parts have some issues that need more testing. i am not convinced the mod order will solve these.

in a perfect world,the map would add all buildings from all mods.if this means there are 2 townhalls and 2 schools,etc,that is good and gives players extra options.the base map would have the extra large map options.a mix of meadows and forests with bloom,copper,gold,and silver ores.there would be wild animals and grouse and RED's grass texture.i know,i know. i can already hear the modders saying "that trick never works" ,like rocky the squirrel telling bulwinkle.LOL
     without the CC terrain,the NORTH won't allow meadows nor the super large map.putting the RK above the NORTH with the ND enabled,stops the copper ore and wild animals. the deer are reindeer and give deerhides still.are there other errors that will cause crashes?..so there is give and take either way.
       i upgraded the CHOICE and KID's animal barn mod.in testing with the north off,my precious above RK CHOICE functions normal.the fort workcamp and forward post work the same as before.will report to CC's team.i found the trading post fatal error was caused by a 1.06 mod.