News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colonial Houses 1.53

Started by kid1293, July 04, 2016, 12:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

OK. I test it. But nappies...?
I don't know what I stuck my head into.  :o :)

I think I make it separate since the Colonial Houses begins to be crowded.

Turis

Hmms... Adult diapers, the easiest way to pee in the street without looking for a bathroom. Get'em today!!!

brads3

why do foreigners  think us americans wear diapers? just cause our politicians are shitheads has nothing to do with us people.
yes KID a release of just the barn would b good. especialy since u just did the colonial update.

Turis

I'm not foreigner. I may have been born and live now in Spain, but, I'm also a US citizen and retired from the US navy after twenty years of military service.  :P

brads3

ohh ok so now u is saying ppl of spain wear diapers,ic.lol

Turis

No, it was just a generic joke disguised as an advertisement.

Abandoned

Hey guys, nappies or diapers would have to be the size of tents to show up on a little clothesline in Banished.  Instead of storage shed for textiles would have to be extra housing for nomads. lol

Turis, thanks for years of service in navy.

brads3, I would look forward to western theme too if it includes native Americans.

elemental

Quote from: brads3 on October 18, 2016, 05:36:18 AM
why do foreigners  think us americans wear diapers?

I said diapers because nappies is a British English term that some/many Americans might not be familiar with.

If not nappies (white squares - easy), then we can always have bed linen (white rectangles). Or the Star Trek uniforms that the Banished people are so fond of wearing.  :) 

kid1293

Well, I submit! Version 1.52 with barn is in download.

Being a happy fellow, I also bring you a gift. (Not ready yet, but...)

elemental

Interesting, but back in the pre-modern era nappies were just squares of cloth. (google "how to fold a cloth nappy" for pics)

Just thinking about living in the Banished world... it would be a nasty job washing nappies. And where do you do it? Bucket, stream? Downstream from everything else, I would hope.  ???  Makes chopping wood look like fun.

brads3

KID i checked this using debug,haven't used it in game yet. i like the way the sections go together so we can build a very long barn or a shorter 1. gives us players flexability. that is always helpful. i had wished the silo woulda been the same way. so  the barn part of the silo with the door would b tight to the barn wall,without the grass space. the barn thats what i tried to explain when i said blunt the front.but it will help make our plain silos look much better even with the space. we can live with that nicely.:)  u do realize the way u made the pasture shed,we now need white ghost fences?? the fences we have wont line up with the white 1. how much trouble would it b to make a barn section with 2 windows and no door?
   when u get time i need u to build it on 25acres for me.hell i dont even care if i have a house.use my tools and i'll supply the beer and coffee.lol

Abandoned

yes, nappies not quite right but wash post will look very nice in backyard of any of the Colonial houses especially the one that will have the new barn and fenceless pasture.  Thanks for great additions.

kid1293

OK. Square nappies it will be. (small towels, eh...)

@brads3  - I understand you want a freestanding silo with a possible barn add-on.
But, if there is no door to the barn, how are you going to use it?  ::)
Or do you mean to demolish the silo and upgrade with a barn attached (to any side) ?
I wish I could see it your way.

The fences - hmm, didn't think of it. I'll take a look. One way is to remove
the fence parts sticking out on either side and move the shelter a bit inwards.
That way you are free to put any fence you want.

25 acres? How many silos? How many beers? :) :) :)
( and how many silos after the beer? ) ;D

@Abandoned - can you keep a secret? There will be more than nappies...

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on October 18, 2016, 10:46:47 AMdiapers would have to be the size of tents

Not tents, but cloth diapers are quite large... I know because my first-born grew up with them (still living in SE Asia then), and I had the pleasure (not) of washing these things... always wondered how such a small guy can go through such a huge pile of cotton in a single day...  ;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

Good idea, change to fenceless pasture fence parts sound good, can then use as is or put choice of fence around.

Looking forward to clothesline surprise.  Just not spring, summer, or fall season without clothes out on the line.  Beautiful fall day here yesterday, washed and hung out curtains and rugs, used my "free solar wind power" clothes dryer as I call it.

Paeng, when you think about it, that was not all that long ago that cloth diapers were used.  Disposables were just starting to be used when my sister's son was born.  I remember before that they had diaper pails to soak the diapers in before washing, every neighbor with infants always had clothesline full of diapers.  They had little plastic pants to wear over the diaper.  No clothes dryers, no fast food, only small refrigerator, walked to corner store and church and schools.  Lot more work back then especially for mothers.