News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@Hawk the Norseman aging pkm can be downloaded reply #1 May 26 in the following thread

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1742.msg34681#msg34681

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Tom Sawyer

The download page is banishedventures.com/norseman

There you can download the 1.0.7 version which is green in your mod list.  It shows a conflict only if another citizen mod is enabled. Values are the same.

Antiligent

Doesn't shows circle of the Village Shop after placing.

Hawk

I looked all over your site for a link to that mod. I guess I just missed it.  :-[
Thanks!
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

WOW! Big difference in size between the Norseman mod link you gave in Reply #75 and the one you gave a link to in Reply #77.
The first one shows as 38KB (38,962 bytes). The second one shows as 8.15KB (8,352 bytes).
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Tom Sawyer

I also wondered about the new smaller size @Hawk. I have tested it again and it works. Probably it's related to the preview jpeg used in Steam. The mod itself contains only some code. So it's all right with the Norsemen.

The village shop will show its radius again. Thank you for the hint. How did you get this blue circle on your map @Antiligent?

Hawk

Yea, a preview jpg would make that difference.

I'm guessing that @Antiligent got that blue circle from the Radius ReColor mod by BlackLiquid at BanishedInfo.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Nilla

Have anyone tried the latest version of the wagon vendor with the latest version of the North? I just did and it doesn't work quite well. It was no problem to  build and start it, but it stores no grain, and I never saw it filled to more than about 60%. The vendor had no interest in filling it further. He idled or helped picking blueberries/firewood. I will go on an try some other markets and see how they work. 

Abandoned

Also glad to have link to Norseman mod, I did not find it on site either.  :)

Nilla

Just made some further investigations, I built one tiny trading port from Kid; almost the same, no eatable grain but it did store some rye. (I might have been out of rye as the wagon vendor was active.) Then I built a normal Lanthandel; the same. Finally I went back to my last town Sigurdo and looked into my 4 Lanthandel there. None of them contained any grain, even though I had a lot of bread and barley in my store. I just didn't notice it in that game. So I guess the problem has nothing to do with the wagon vendor, instead there is something wrong with the "flagging" of eatable grain.

Tom Sawyer

Hm, vendors don't store rye and wheat because they think it is needed in mills. Foodstuff like bread, flour and ale they offer. It was intentional to not fill markets with inedible resources and to not confuse grain processing by sharing it over market locations. Maybe not the best idea since farmers can grind grain and maybe not only their own yield. What do you think?

The Wagon Vendors I want to make working properly in this mod. Have to look at it.

brads3

i wonder if the vendor held that remaining% for new flag items that you didn't have yet.so the food % and firewood % was filled to capacity but the other was allocated to the new flags of minerals,construction,misc,etc goods. i've been watching and trying to figure vendors out for the last week or so. have seen the nordic market shop go idle and help other workers when about  85% full,there is food he could store but he stops. he keeps tools to a set #.he does keep busy hauling honey and soap<herbs>. so i wouyld assume there is a weight and % factor to how they stock things.

1 thing he does that is less than helpful . he runs out to help clear any area,breaks a rock or chops a tree,and leaves empty handed.it would be better if he went and collected what the laborers have piled up and took it with him to drop at the pile on his way. it is interesting to see how much different a vendor is from 1 market to the next.very slow process however.

Discrepancy

You are right @brads3 .

I have taken a look back at my code and I have made a couple of mistakes I didn't pick up earlier. I am going to update the mod soon.

Nilla

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 20, 2017, 03:33:51 PM
Foodstuff like bread, flour and ale they offer.
No they don't! At least not in both of my games. Not even the Lanthandel.

QuoteIt was intentional to not fill markets with inedible resources and to not confuse grain processing by sharing it over market locations. Maybe not the best idea since farmers can grind grain and maybe not only their own yield. What do you think?

Personally, I'm no fan of any food, that's possible to eat "in life", being flagged as "unedable". I know others like it that way. To me it's weird to think that people starve with a barn full of wheat or rye, just because there wasn't time to grind it. Of cause there might be a slightly lower productivity, because people will carry the rawmaterial in their houses, but so they do with fruit, if you want to brew ale and by numerous other food processing. Just another reason to think over and optimize your logistic.

I think, you're right, letting the small markets take only consumers goods: Food they can eat, tools, clothes, firewood and no rawmaterials, like uneatable grain, textiles......... but I find, that the larger market might hold everything.