Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Trading Revamp

Started by JamieIdle, October 13, 2014, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on October 21, 2014, 02:58:50 AM
Quote from: JamieIdle on October 21, 2014, 01:43:41 AM
After releasing the first version, testing, and getting feedback there appears to be some obvious flaws. Also I don't appear to have ever clearly stated my goals for the mod.

Goals
1. Provide an alternative to current boat fix/trade mods
2. Ensure that all trade boats are useful throughout the game
3. Increase the variety of profitable trade goods
4. Reduce reliance on Ale and Firewood as the primary trade goods
5. Create a mod ideally suited for those that like to build trade based economies

Your first attempt reached most of these goals. You are on a good way.

I´ll be happy to test your new version.

And @assobanana76 , no worries, I had that Town and Textile mod activated in my test. The tradesmen brought woven tunics and cloths from the start and I played 28 years before the crashes started.
after 28 years the game crash?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

Quote from: assobanana76 on October 21, 2014, 03:10:04 AM

My own fault, loaded the new version of the mod on the existing game, went well for a while but than........ crash.......crash..... crash...... gameover

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on October 21, 2014, 03:44:27 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on October 21, 2014, 03:10:04 AM

My own fault, loaded the new version of the mod on the existing game, went well for a while but than........ crash.......crash..... crash...... gameover
ah. ok. so no crash with the newest version on new game!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

Nope, but wait a while. He is about to make a new version. Suppose he will publish it soon.

JamieIdle

@Nilla @assobanana76 here is the new version v2 Beta. The zip contains screenshots of the new prices and trade metrics. Please note most of the food price changes were removed or adjusted.

assobanana76

Quote from: JamieIdle on October 21, 2014, 05:59:08 AM
@Nilla @assobanana76 here is the new version v2 Beta. The zip contains screenshots of the new prices and trade metrics. Please note most of the food price changes were removed or adjusted.
it's the same of banishedinfo?

JamieIdle

@kralyerg did you find away to change the rate specific merchants come in the big Trade fix mod you worked on or only All merchants?

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: JamieIdle on October 21, 2014, 05:59:08 AM

I like the original version, it is the best trading I have had, feels like each type of trader is a different person, far less generic than in vanilla, and the mix of traders and their frequency are game enhancing, thank you. :)

Nilla

I wrote a bit more about testing this mod

Take a look if you want to http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=584.msg9760#msg9760

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: Nilla on October 24, 2014, 04:21:01 AM

Take a look if you want to http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=584.msg9760#msg9760

Yes I went to read your review, it is comprehensive, thank you.   :)  My experience is with a, so far, smaller town, 27 years with around 400, and the major difference is I have only two TP. I am also restricting my game by not mining or quarrying, or building more than one greenhouse. Since I use most of the non cheat mods,(including all of Red's), I have a lot to trade for, and many goods to export, so far I don't feel the need to expand the number of TP, that is a change form other towns where I have needed more like 6, or the super-trading settlement built by my in house Banished addict: Tariel, 12 or more!

Honestly what turned me off from version 2, was the change in the value of fish from 2 to 3, with only a few fishing docks, no more than 2 here, I get so much fish, (upwards of 15000, even with a lot of trading it),  that a value of 3 would unbalance the game, with books at 400, seedlings at 8, town garb at 25, mead, cheese, wine, seed oil, rope, cloth and others ranging from 3 to 35 there is so much to work with. But then you also need to buy more, including seeds, (don't use lots of seeds) but still, it can take time. What I also like is that you can start trading earlier, like around year 6, and can get much more, more quickly. When I play at hard again this will really help to get seeds and animals.

Nilla

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on October 24, 2014, 01:33:00 PM
Quote from: Nilla on October 24, 2014, 04:21:01 AM

Honestly what turned me off from version 2, was the change in the value of fish from 2 to 3, with only a few fishing docks, no more than 2 here, I get so much fish, (upwards of 15000, even with a lot of trading it),  that a value of 3 would unbalance the game, with books at 400, seedlings at 8, town garb at 25, mead, cheese, wine, seed oil, rope, cloth and others ranging from 3 to 35 there is so much to work with. But then you also need to buy more, including seeds, (don't use lots of seeds) but still, it can take time. What I also like is that you can start trading earlier, like around year 6, and can get much more, more quickly. When I play at hard again this will really help to get seeds and animals.

I agree with you about fish, but in fact, I really don't care much. I had 1 or 2 fishingdocks in that first game (not fully occupied). In this second game, I started tonight, I have one and will probably not build anymore. So fish has no big importance. Another thing that I don´t like in this mod is that beans  are considered vegetables and protein. To me it looks like green vegetable-beens, but I could also live with beans as protein, but I don´t like both.

I do not have so many mods, as you have but I have some as well. So there are several possibilities. I like that it is a bit different as usual-

JamieIdle

@Nilla and @Denis de la Rive this mod is technically a WIP as I am constantly refining it. To that end I am making it modular so that people can pick and choose. For example I have three versions ready that effect only the Merchants and Frequency of Trade Boats plus my True Trade Fix.

Currently there are Merchants And Traders Fix, Merchants And Traders Fix Slower, and Merchants And Traders Fix Faster. The price changes will be separate mod files that don't require the the other files to work.

salamander

Quote from: JamieIdle on October 24, 2014, 04:30:32 PM
... To that end I am making it modular so that people can pick and choose. For example I have three versions ready that effect only the Merchants and Frequency of Trade Boats plus my True Trade Fix.

Currently there are Merchants And Traders Fix, Merchants And Traders Fix Slower, and Merchants And Traders Fix Faster. The price changes will be separate mod files that don't require the the other files to work.
From my own point of view, this is the way to make new mods, especially if they make changes that don't all fit to a common theme.  Although it might be more work for the mod developer to split a project into separate mods, from the user's point of view, splitting it seems more flexible.

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: JamieIdle on October 24, 2014, 04:30:32 PM
@Nilla and @Denis de la Rive this mod is technically a WIP as I am constantly refining it. To that end I am making it modular so that people can pick and choose. For example I have three versions ready that effect only the Merchants and Frequency of Trade Boats plus my True Trade Fix.

I know that it is, and having several version will make this a must have mod, as for the price changes, I still think you got it right the first time, and I really like that they change from one trader to the next. And like I wrote it works well with most of the new goods from many mods. Thanks for your good work.

Quote from: Nilla on October 24, 2014, 02:51:38 PM

I agree with you about fish, but in fact, I really don't care much. I had 1 or 2 fishingdocks in that first game (not fully occupied). In this second game, I started tonight, I have one and will probably not build anymore. So fish has no big importance. Another thing that I don´t like in this mod is that beans  are considered vegetables and protein. To me it looks like green vegetable-beens, but I could also live with beans as protein, but I don´t like both.

I do not have so many mods, as you have but I have some as well. So there are several possibilities. I like that it is a bit different as usual-

Since we are discussing these choices to improve the mod, all ideas are acceptable. Fish is important when you start without seeds and animals, the fact it produces all year round like gathers and hunters can get you started more easily, some players I know can get 3000 fish a year from only one dock. Since it can be produced so easily in large numbers, just like beans, where I can get 700-800 a year form one farmer on one field, maybe the best is to keep the value low at 1. For similar reasons beef and venison could be kept at a value of 3. Balancing the value of the product with the the ease of production should be an important consideration.

As for mods, if you want I can PM you my list, and why I use them.

irrelevant

How about the idea of increasing the premium paid to the merchant for ordered goods in the "increase difficulty" version? Is that possible?

Increasing the premium to 50% from 25% would result in logs costing 3, vegetables grains and fruit costing 2, iron and coal costing 7, stone costing 10, etc. I'd be interested in trying this.

Another trade mod that would interest me would be to delay the schedule by which quantities brought in boats increase with increases in pop. Out of the box, I believe the quantities are at 33% of maximum up to pop 75, 66% of maximum from there to pop 150, and at maximum above that. Moving the increase points to 150/300 or even 250/500 would add difficulty.