News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla -Tingen; a small map to the limits

Started by Nilla, November 21, 2015, 04:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomnobles

Holy !#@$%, that's a lot of fish. You should plant some potatoes so they can have fish'n'chips. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on November 30, 2015, 03:35:12 AM
Second picture, year 48

This is a magic store. It's not a "buggy" one. I have demolished another store and some barns, the fish should be carried to this one. But only few of the people use the door. They prefer a secret passage through the wall, or are they ghosts?

this game is so buggy and the path finding is the most buggy one. cant control them and i think it is not my 'meshes' the problem
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I have played a little from time to time but was too lazy to post any picture. The game is like it always was: much food, sometimes too few logs. The big boats seem to arrive all at the same time. No more bugs. The population grows and the game is getting slower, but still good playable.

Here are some pictures:

First picture, year 55

The last small forest areas are transformed. Just one small problem: I was very focused on ordering logs, so I "unordered" stones. The consequence; I ran out of stones.  :-\

I can say that it's not so easy to play without producing any raw materials, without spamming the area with trading posts. But I now prepare the buildings I want to build and when the stones finally arrives, they are finished fast.

If it's getting boring, we will be a little bit cheered up with scarlet fever. The settlement is too dense to prevent an epidemic.

Second picture, year 57

The last buildings are set. 2780 inhabitants. How far will this go? I produce 320 000 food good years. I can say there is a difference if many people are sick (290 000) or if the stores of firewood are small and they have to walk far away to find a little something (305 000). I guess if I use the big stores I could support a population of 3500 at the most. We will see. It's starting to get very slow.

Third picture, year 59

I have started to trade food; fish (and lamb shops) for other food, just to increase the diversity. It's not easy to get it distributed over the whole map.

I'll post some more pictures in another thread, it takes so long to send more than a few pictures at the time.

Nilla

Fourth picture, year 59

You can see a small influence of the better food, but it takes a long time. As far as I understand; the health doesn't get worse with diversified food, but to improve the health you'll need herbs and I can't afford to buy any at the moment.

Fifth picture, year 59

This is the reason for not being able to buy any herbs; too few logs. To improve the situation I've built another two trading ports. Now there are 8. I hope it will be enough.

Sixth picture, year 60

It's funny, the big boats with logs all arrived more or less at the same time. This is the fourth this year.  :D :-\

The population grows: 3222 inhabitants. The food stores starts to get down. Not only because I have almost 100k in the trading ports. To increase the amount of food a little bit I've started to build a few mills. I will sell the flour at the beginning. It's not a big business but still a little something. I don't think I want to have any bakeries, at least not yet.

Nilla

I have been absent from this site for some time. Last week we were in Germany for some Christmas shopping and seeing some friends and relatives. This weekend some friends were here and soon is Christmas. We don't overdo the Christmas stuff, but still too much other things to do than play Banished. But I actually let this game run a little bit after our guests were gone on Sunday evening.

First I managed to get 3500 inhabitants. That's about as much as it can get. Not bad for a small map with no farming and almost no trading for food. (I trade fish against other food for variety, I make a little flour from the wheat I buy and very little lamp chops.)

I think the settlement could have survived this size. The stores of food are getting smaller but as I've said before; I produce 280-320 food each year, so I think 3500 people would work. But I will not make a try. The game runs too slow. It's not possible to make it a "self runner". I can't auto trade anything in this game.

So I decided to play until the next batch of nomads arrived and see if I could reach 4000 inhabitants. I was lucky. It was a big "batch". 450 of them! The population had started to get down so I had to use a trick to reach 4000 inhabitants; fake demolish homes where no children could be born and let fertile nomad women move in. (Will this increase the hostility against immigrants in the town?  :-\ )

First picture

4000 inhabitants

Second picture

Food graph. I think the town could survive 3500 inhabitants as most but not 4000. The stores empties too fast.

Third picture

This was the main problem the last 20 years. If you don´t produce any/much logs yourself, you need more trading ports for such a large settlement.

paralias

what i do to overcome the food limit.
i produse or buy food and when im close to the limit i store a big quantity at trading posts (if i dont have space or i dont want to use much space) i store food at the warehouse (or whatever they call it.. the "storage barn" with the traders ui...)