Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Training Camp v1.0

Started by RedKetchup, February 07, 2017, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Training Camp v1.0 by Redketchup

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=178

This is a medium size mod (44,2MB) offering many decorative items based on a specific themes : Training Camp.

This mod add a modular palisade which can protect your village. Many pieces are offered : entrance X 2, long straight, short straight , hard turns, soft turns, diagonals...

Decorative items : Archer targets, combat dummies, weapon racks, tables with weapons, banners.... (all ghosted)
Ghosted log piles : which can store a very little amount of firewood and logs.
Ghosted barrels : which can store a very little amount of ale and grain.

Housing tents : which can be cheaply assembled for housing 2 adults+1 child or bigger, 2 adults + 2 children.
Field hospital : which can be fast to assembled for medical cares on the field. Sick or wounded, get them heal quick.

Watch towers : Protect your village from enemies. Guarded by hunters, they can quickly disrupt any attacks or hunting all animals approching the camp. It provided easily a good source of food, meat, leather and furs.

Tent butcher : With all these meat, a specialized butcher is very helpful. he can cut a large variety of meat and prepare dinners.
Tailor house : A tailor is very helpful, he knows how to deal quickly with huge amount of leather and furs. Keep everyone warmth or make good profit.
Barn : A good medium barn to provide a good stockage of all your food. It comes assorted with ghosted covers to cover your stockpiles and keep them dry.

A lot of fun expected !
Enjoy !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

post scriptum :

Make sure you place the palisade with the outside wall to the outside. The outside have deadly spears to protect against attacks :) make sure you clearly see which side is which by turning them in a spot to can fully see the design.

Paeng

Here a little session to show off this fine new mod properly   ;D

Enlist for training NOW!  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

wow !!! my jaw hit the ground !!!!
thats so awesome !!! I LOVE it !!!

Comments on this mod @Paeng  ? How you liked it ?

Paeng

It works very well... of course I like the angled variants! ;)
And those ghost barns are great, I can see many uses for them (like someone mentioned stockpiles)... here I used it as the herder shack for the horse pasture, very cool!

A couple of VERY minor points -

1) there is a right and a left corner - they are identical (can be rotated), we only need one (plus the hard corner)...

2) on the "soft turns", there is a situation where I need to reverse direction - and I lose the spike... but that is so minor, no need to change it (because you would then need to make 4 soft turn pieces - overkill)  :)

3) Butcher vs Field Hospital - unless we look straight at the entrance we cannot tell which is which... maybe you could make the Hospital a bit lighter, or a dirty grey... but again, very minor - just keep it in mind in case there is something you must update.

Nice set  8)

RedKetchup

thanks for the heads up :)

i ll check for hospital/butcher ;)

the right and left corners arent 100% indentical, it comes from the fact the wall, the spears arent 100% fully vertical, they have a very little angle and they arent 100% right in the middle of the tiles... so when you rotate them, you can see they arent super perfect for both sides, equally perfect. This is the reason there are 2 , one for left , one for right.

for the soft turns... this is the opposite, diagonal is a mess to do and it is extremly hard to make them match perfectly. not sure i would have made better if i had made 4 diff models. i am not the greatest 3D designer ^^

thanks you for testing it, extremly appreciated.
i HOPE you will keep using it :)

Whoyou13

wow, enlistment for savagery is on-going for the training camp

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 08, 2017, 12:17:11 PMso when you rotate them, you can see they arent super perfect for both sides

Ah, good then  :)

Quotefor the soft turns

Yeah, don't worry about them - nobody is gonna miss that one spike... plenty left  ;D

Quotei HOPE you will keep using it :)

I sure will, this set will mix very well with all the other forest / wood stuff...

You have probably noticed that I'm drawn more to the really rural and deep(er) forest settings, away from the "high wealth", more urban things... always happens to me with builders, even with SC in its time - the more modders turn to rural / nature (away from "urban"), the more I get into it... escaping city life, I guess LOL

TheOtherMicheal

@RedKetchup  Love this set! It gives a wider range of options for starting a town and/or for establishing forest camps for hunters, foresters and so on.

Looks great @Paeng  :)
I started a new map last night after downloading the Training Camp and I took a different approach to yours. I decide to have the new settlement begin with tents and the palisade was their protection until they could get buildings of wood/stone. The settlement is only about seven years old and they have now started to build better homes outside the palisade.

The hunters towers and @Necora 's Maritimes mod have provided most of the food for the new town and will continue to do so until they can get a trading post established. I should get off my arse and post some pictures but it will have to wait until I get home  :(

RedKetchup

thanks you all for the comments :) it is very appreciated.

i wanted to say something about the towers....
i've did a lot of testing to compare the production. Even if I know the production can be alot spiky cause some of the meat give 160-200 meat... and many give 20 only...
and sometimes it only give leather or fur ... I have tried to always compare it to 1 gatherer in a gatherer hut, and 1 hunter in a hunter cabin. i have run many years and tried to get a production very near to be similar with 1 hunter in a tower.
and i think i succeeded to find the good spot between too low and too high :)
RNG always equals things with time.