News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Map Request

Started by quadgamer, October 06, 2017, 12:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quadgamer

When I play Banished, I always ask myself how the people got there. The people are always just standing around. So, how did they get there? Did they walk?

I guess you can call it RP, but I'd like a start with 4-6 people, about 9 horses and, if it can be incorporated, 12-15 storage crates from Nomad's mod. The horses and crates answers the question and adds to the RP. I'd really appreciate if someone could make this mod.

Thanks.

TheOtherMicheal

While not the answer you were seeking, I'd like to mention that back in the medieval/feudal era that Banished seems to be set in, only those with lots of money could afford horses. If poor people wanted to go anywhere, they had to walk because there were few, if any, other options. If they were farmers they most likely worked the land for a nobleman and he provided such things as horses and wagons.
If you're thinking of a colonial time period then horses and wagons would be much more common among the lower and middle classes so in an RP sense they would most likely have some horses or oxen and wagons.

RedKetchup

^^ maybe replace horses with cattles ? (cattles that were pulling the carts ?)

CC crew are the only ones who have horses, i personally i dont have the animated horses files.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Good thought! I also wondered about who pulled these carts so far away and I vote for just cattle as Red and the other Michel said.^^ I changed my builders and farmers start to have exactly 4 cows, 2 for each cart. And my shepherds got just bags to have carried by themselves. Nice little details.

quadgamer

*shakes fist* @TheOtherMicheal i concede. you are correct. well then, cattle it is. can this be made with the storage crates mod?

thanks @RedKetchup & @Tom Sawyer for your input.

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: quadgamer on October 08, 2017, 01:31:08 PM
*shakes fist* @TheOtherMicheal i concede. you are correct. well then, cattle it is. can this be made with the storage crates mod?

thanks @RedKetchup & @Tom Sawyer for your input.
:'(
Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like I was saying "You're wrong!" or anything like that, I was trying to say, in a role-playing sense, having all the people walk to their new townsite is still acceptable. After the feudal period it would be quite normal for them to have wagons and carts and to have horses or oxen to pull them.

:) I think your idea is a good one, a new start condition where they have their supplies but are starting with no buildings - it's sort of the same as the harder start condition but not as harsh so you have a decent chance of getting established before you run out of food, tools, firewood etc. etc.

Abandoned

Here is a great mod I have used many times. It has 21 different start conditions to choose from.  It should not be used with any mods that have their own special start conditions.

https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/296-Multiple-Starts

quadgamer

@TheOtherMicheal  Oh no, I didn't take it that way. I was RPing, lol! But, yeah, you were definitely right. Thanks.

@Abandoned Thanks for the link. I'll try it out.

quadgamer

Abandoned

@quadgamer the mod is an older mod, it was not made for 107 but it works fine, it is just start conditions.  Some starts have basic vanilla buildings, and there is one start that has a market built so as I understand it, the market would just not store anything using the new flags.