Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Gopher Prairie: extreme tenure, 10,000 years

Started by irrelevant, December 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

You, surprised? Never.  ;)

But now I'm thinking I just did it at the wrong point of the pop curve. :D

So I'm going to try again. What have I got better to do? ;)

brads3

you should know better than to say that to a woman. they all have lists miles long of sstuff for us to do.LOL

irrelevant

Preview of upcoming milestone  :)

kid1293

irrelevant

Quote from: kid1293 on June 15, 2019, 02:36:58 PM
Wow. Both you and your computer are persistent! :)
It's been a slog. Fortunately, most of the time I was not even watching, maybe 15 minutes a day.

Artfactial

I know we're all disappointed we don't have fusion power, flying cars and hover boards yet, as promised by science fiction.
I can image your town went through the same thing some 5000 years ago and are now complacently living with what they have always had.:P

Incredible that you got this far.:)

Nilla

I´m pleased to see you on WOB again and also pleased that this town still lives.........
and .......

.....do you still trade mushrooms away? ;)

irrelevant

irrelevant

MarkAnthony

irrelevant - Forgive me for not (yet) reading all 17 pages worth of posts, but you did all this with no mods whatsoever, so a vanilla Banished? And going by post dates this took you 4 years 5 months 24 days and 13 hours? LOL   :o ???

Hat's off to you. That's some serious commitment! /salute   :D

At any time did you ever get really bored with it? Assuming you may have had moments of burnout, what do you estimate is the longest time away from that saved game you took?

Curious.

~MarkAnthony

EDIT: (...hours later) Okay, I read all 17 pages worth of comments now, not quite the achievement as your 10,000 years LOL. 

Okay so I see you were playing vanilla for the achievements at first then when you got them all you switched to modded.

I also see gaps of time between certain posts so it does seem like you got bored or burned out at times. I get burned out easily in games as well when I put myself into them 110% for months on in between playing and making spreadsheets for them. Often times I end up enjoying the making of the spreadsheets more than the actual playing of the game. I'm like you in that sense I suppose, we both like the mechanics and efficiency and economics of the game more than we like to "prettify" things.

Question please: After reading 17 pages worth of comments I have a few questions I'd like to ask you. Would you mind if I sent you a private message for them?
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

Quote from: MarkAnthony on June 16, 2019, 01:24:53 PM
Question please: After reading 17 pages worth of comments I have a few questions I'd like to ask you. Would you mind if I sent you a private message for them?
Sure, fire away  :)

irrelevant

Quote from: MarkAnthony on June 16, 2019, 01:24:53 PM
I also see gaps of time between certain posts so it does seem like you got bored or burned out at times. I get burned out easily in games as well when I put myself into them 110% for months on in between playing and making spreadsheets for them. Often times I end up enjoying the making of the spreadsheets more than the actual playing of the game. I'm like you in that sense I suppose, we both like the mechanics and efficiency and economics of the game more than we like to "prettify" things.
It wasn't that I got bored or burned out. Most of the time I was working on other towns.  ;)  There was a period of several months where many of us were working on challenges.