News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Chunkerview

Started by brads3, April 14, 2019, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

Chunkerview,33013284plain no dirt,very large,north mild,medium    barley,peppers,raspberry

mod adjustments::: i made several attempts to make the flax universal so it could be used by the workplace tailor.that failed but left me a happy accident. the pine mod items are piggy-backed with the flora patch.using the flora patch without the pine mod there are bees and traps. the game adds 3 layers to the gathering RK,pine,and flora items.all were being collected by the laborers as they cleared land.had oats from the RK plus wild oats from TANDY's flora mod.  i would assume the foresters will clear traps.
            since that worked, i added the pine mod 1.04 to the bottom of the mod order.this won't affect the gathering but will add the processors and bildings.         the  mod count 144

goal: test crop productions

since the chesnuts didn't produce well with this climate,i want to test crops. test all the crops that i use and the livestock.will only use trade horses.not going to test tropical fruits.10x10 fields and 8x10 orchards.works out to about 30 crops,12 orchards,and 10 animals.plus 7 orchard foresters.        to keep it in alphabetical order,i debugged the seeds and livestock in. will still have to trade for the animals.
     just to make it interesting i will try to build all the churches.depending how you count the textures there are 20-30 churches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABANDONED wanted this fort blacksmith tested to see if it will produce muskets. so i will start with a trade fort.50x55 should give us plenty of space. we plant oats,peppers,and the rasberries.a market and school were completedthe walls were started. the fort tool maker can only make iron or steel tools. a rowhouse blacksmith needed to be built for more tool options.  the fort tailor makes leather and fur coats.

with the summer temp above 70,we had a good growth to the peppers and oats,over 640 each.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start
pic 3: fort construction
pic 4: fort housing

brads3

YEAR 2-3

a 8x8 fenceless cemetary is cleared.a headquarters and chapel are built.a 2% welcome sign will bring new helpers soon.the north gate was completed and the walls were being extended.the summer was cooler ,and we only got 410 oats.the rasberries did produce well, over 700.

1 couple arrives.  1 becomes the cleric.the other a laborer. the blacksmith died from accidenty burning himself.i had 1 concern with storage. the fort depots do store a mixture of goods ,but weren't storing logs and stone. a KID wokrplace cart will help.i try to keep the pile below 90% full to give room for the copper ores or any odd item that might not store anywhere else.

pic 1: fort HQ and chapel,
pic 2:north gate
pic 3:north corner
pic 4: workplace cart

brads3

YEAR 4-5

the next nomad couple came from the far west mountains.a CC rough pank bridge had to be debugged in across a stream. a stone bridge needed built over the main river.the only change that coud have caused the nomads to appear so far away from the town center is a cleric being sent to the church.
        they did make it to town and built a boardinghouse. the north fort wall was finished.

the next group of nomads arrived.instead of al 5 moving into the boardinghouse,1 family gave their house to a young laborer.Lethann said there were too many memories since her husband's death. her and her daughter wanted a new house.she joined up with a bachelor and his children.

the group set up a medical clinic.a grazing area was cleared near the river. as merchants stop by, they can rest any animals they have.another field was cleared for oats. they need more grain.that is their biggest concern.

pic 1:stone bridge
pic 2:med clinic
pic 3:yr 5 stats
pic 4:yr 5 inventory

brads3

YEAR 6

we hold off on nomads as the bannies are quite busy.a stable barn and a horse pasture are being constructed. lots of thatch and logs needed to be cleared.

the oats are not RK. they are special CC oats.needed to feed the stables. it will take 200 to feed and produce 1 domestic for this to work Necora's Crystal Cliffs mod has to be above the RK CHOICE in the mod order.to make sure we can store the domestic animal crates,both RED's small general shed and a CC barn are built.

with a warmer summer,there were 900 oats produced. 550 raspberries and 600 peppers. we produced 2 domestic animals and they were storing in the fort depot.

pic 1:grazing field
pic 2: CC stable barn produces domestic animals from grain
pic 3 horse pastures

brads3

YEAR 7

now that domestic animals are being produced,a trade post is needed.since this is a trade fort,there will be 2 or 3 posts.i am slightly concerned if they will handle all the items. we will start processing wool coats to trade as well.a KID ivestock trader and a RH tailor are built.the fort tailor will make the fur coats and the RH can make leather coats.

a CC dock trade post with some RK sheds will extend the trade dock. when we get short on oats, the stables will stop production.

the fort walls are completed. the fort will need 25-30 workers.we need about 5 more families and houses.

pic 1:livestock TP,this did get moved later
pic 2:south fort wall,only used 1 guard hunter for the fort.
pic 3: trader stocks

brads3

YEAR 8

i added 2 mods,JINX rabbits and KID's mini forest combo.i am very concerned with the file size of the rabbit hutches.it is huge.a lot of memory for 1 thing. it is bigger than the entire North mod.it is half as big as RED's original NMT mod or the 1st RK CHOICE version, before he added to it .i misunderstood KId as to the forest being ghosted. i thought he ment free to build. they are very cheap.with REDs gathering system of spawning,there is some regrowth that these small pieces can deal with.

the CC dock TP can stock warm fur coats and copper ore.eather coats will be stocked at the livestock post.the worker can keep both posts stocked for now.

a couple arrive in early summer.to buid a house,they will have to help cut logs. they built a combo  gatherer to see what all it can collect.between Necora's patch and RED's system it should collect some odd items.at the least,KID usualy sets them to pick up TANDY's flora items.  it is a small piece and sits well under the fort wall and has a nice sized radius.

a while back,RED mentioned how the trees and grasses respawn.instead of havin to be planted by a worker,they will mulitply and spread from 1 plant.trying to work with nature more,i didn't clear everything.a few weeks ago i read that different trees give different foods.my theory is this will give more food. if i use Necora's empty space tiles to lock in birches and oaks trees,we'll get more fruit and less onions. since the houses burn thatch,the combo forester woud help keep the map start areas supplied with logs or firewood.i'll run some experiments with this set and see how it goes.

pic 1:combo gatherer. underneath the fort wall by the depot
pic 2: yr  TP stocks,copper ore and fur<warm> coats are going to the CC dock trader

brads3

YEAR 9

such a dilema.to test these  crops,i need to keep the education level up. at the same time, i need to stretch the map in order to build the many churches. the far north is the best spot for foresters.once i work that far,i plan to build the pine mod forests  to fully test that mod.

the fort is stable for now. i do have more planned there as bannies graduate.nomads will start some villages to stretch the map.as the education level improves,bannies can expand the farms.i'll jump around the map some and start villages for about 10-20 years. then the educated bannies will grow the towns. this should pick the pace up without getting me into trouble.

had issues with trade horses getting stuck at the TP.i moved the livestock trade post and swapped it to the RH livestock post.hopefully with more room around it,the animals will be happier.
           the 2 nomads will begin to stretch the map north. a wharehouse area is started. for now the couple can clear and and build.

pic 1: moved TP
pic 2: wharehouse village started

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

where are we? not as far as i'd like to be but gaining. we have a fort.the tool maker does not make muskets.the RH blacksmith actually won't either without tradng for furnace fuel. the fort has a church,school,and a market.t also has a boardnghouse and medcal clinic.the bannies coud walk thru the fort walls so i used empty spaces to block that. ii left space near the fort depot storages.they seem to store everything except logs,stone,and minerals.a workplace cart and a SLINK wharehouse backs up the pile. there is a variety of barns or sheds so we should be able to store anything.2 trading posts are stocked.domestic animals will trade for livestock. the fort guard-hunter has supplied plenty of leather and fur for coats.

i already added 2 mods to expand the fort with. those need more testing.i need to test the pne 1.04 foresters and trapper. trade horses will be tested to see if they will leave KID's livestock TP now that i moved it.RED's gathering system is well balanced. nothng is overpowered. onions might be high but they always have been. i think that is related to LUKE's coding as to different foods spawning from different trees.

population doubled from 22 to 46. education is holding near 50%.there are 11 families inside the fort.the plan to expand with nomads should make the game progress faster.with this climate,the education level is more critical.

pic 1: yr 10 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3 inventory and trade stocks

brads3

YEAR 10

a CC magazine will add to the wharehouse storage area.the plan is to float logs downriver from the forests.a family with 2 chldren arrive. 1 takes up fishing to help our food production. a dock for the logs,a school,and more storage was built.

the raspberries are harvestng  faster than other crops. not only do they grow better at the lower temps,but the worker is a lot quicker.

took 250 pumpkins in at the CC trade post. we took time to gatherer berries and firewood.

pic 1: CC magazine storage
pic 2: log dock and fishing pier

brads3

YEAR 11

there are 2 female graduates in the fort.to keep the food production up ,these educated bannies willl move east of the fort and expand farms.

the 7 nomads that arrive build a sawmill by the log dock.they will work to cut trees and gather food around the wharehouse village. the other family moves way north to a pine cabin. they begin buiding the maple forester.it will take some time to plant the maple trees.the 2nd church is finished for the wharehouse village.

again, i had trouble moving horses off the livestock TP. a RK farm TP will be constructed to replace it.

pic 1:colonial vlllage started,this wil be the town to supply and test the crops
pic 2: sawmill
pic 3:Pine mod mape forest
pic 4: stuck horses

brads3

YEAR 12

doubled the builders during the winter. the laborers have kept busy cutting trees and gathering more food.other than the oats we fed to the stable barn,food production is holding above useage. 2 fields will be planted with barley to improve our grain.

the 6 nomads will expand and modernize the wharehouse district across the river. the plan is to clear pastures along the river.with the churches, it will take many villages to construct them all.  with the education level below 50%,less nomads will be accepted.

for some unknown reason,the laborers took a long walk around the lake.the  set of nomads in year 11 came from that corner.a CC plank bridge was debugged across the stream but they refused to use it. my assumption at the time was they would starve walking so far. a stone bridge did have to be debugged at the edge of the map to move them south across the river.with the laborers on an adventure,work will be slow.luckily the warm summer has helped crop production.  ommy these laborers decided to walk back the way they came instead of using the bridge near the fort.

the herdsman stayed at the pasture all year but the horses never moved nor did they reproduce.trade horses is not registering at the TH menu. however, i did tests and using the debug and it can list the horses.the horses can be held in the pasture and they can move to the small TP. 

most of this year had to be replayed due to the bannies getting lost. they filled the cemetary and continued to die before reaching the fort. over 15 bannies starved and froze on their journey.i had to rollback to another earlier save point.plus the bridge was widened. only 2 nomads arrived after replaying the year.

pic 1:barelt fields
pic 2: RK farm TP
pic 3: double bridge
pic 4: wharehouses extended across river

brads3

YEAR 13

the trade horses are still stuck we do show a 3rd horse at the pasture to the pasture menu now,but none in the inventory.i will move the trade animals mod above the RK with the other livestock mods. we traded for 2 cattle.they did move to the grazing area finally. they took a few months to decide to move.

dealing with the lost bannies cost us food last year.there are graduates that can be used to expand farms.we do need more logs and stone too.a 17x12 pasture is started across the river.these cattle will give fertilizer so we will need a dung pile.

pic 1:horse menu 3 in pasture<+1 newborn> no trade horses to inventory. i did try both a fencesless and normal pasture.they multiply but never move

pic 2: cattle grazing,did take a long time for them to move
pic 3:new pasture
pic 4: expanded colonial village fields

brads3

YEAR 14-15

barley,beans,and strawberry will be planted in the new fields.before we can accept more nomads,we need to increase the inventory. a pile is cleeared and logs cut at the colonial village.a cow shed and rabbit hutch have been added to the fort.  the fort gatherer switches to tending the rabbits.the builders work to extend roads.

by year 15,we decide to extend trading to get more food.we have plenty of fur and leather to trade textiles out.to do this we trade out from a choochoo export station for coins.then made a barn to trade the coins for food. the barn covers a train engine. it will have to be managed so we don't trade away all the textiles.

food has recovered nicely with the laborers working hard.logs are now stockpiled.considering the trouble with the horses and bannies getting lost,we have progressed.

pic 1: wood drifter dock limit issue. it shows food but does function under the log limit.
pic 2: extended trading,we trade textiles for coins and then coin for food.
pic 3:yr 15 food trade inputs
pic 3: rabbit pen and cow shed

brads3

YEAR 16

a family of 4 arrive. they will build a cabin near the pine maple forest.now that the log limit has been raised 2 workers will cut pine and fir trees and plant maples and apples. a hunter was added.more workers will help keep supplies moving.their son will build near the pasture across the river.

it has been a very warm summer. al but 1 field was well over 90%. we have uneducated farmers on the raspberry and 1 barley field.all were above 90% except 1 oat field.that farmer was gathering blueberry and roots.it was 69 in early summer and held above 70 thru summer. we did get frost and snow before harvests were finished.that is our best year. most summers are much cooler.

a sheep shed adds to the small animals at the fort.to save the fur and leather,it will send wool to the food trading. there are stil some of Necora's pens to be added. those require the domestic animals and will need to be fed grain.

pic 1:PM maple forest, with 2 workers and the log limit increased,the trees will be replaced quicker.
pic 2:GF farm house and barn
pic 3:sheep shed
pic 4:yr 16 crop outputs

brads3

YEAR 17

8 nomads arrive.we will need more stone.  these bannies need to stretch the map to the west for a production area.at the same time, they will extend the pastures south.once we have more materials ,production buildings can be built. another wharehouse and a RK sawmill are completed.

the fisherman fell off his boat and drowned.1 of the nomads will move to the east wharehouse district and help at the sawmill.soon they can cut some lumber.

finally, the horse pasture is full and the inventory now shows "trade horses". apparently once the pasture is full,the extras or newborn horses go in the inventory.

pic 1:GF farm house and storage
pic 2: RK sawmill
pic 3: trade horse menu,