News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@Jinxiewinxie  @kid1293 's mods are wonderful and unique and should remain so.  One can only hope you will be developing a style of your own when this mod is done.  It is looking good so far.  :)

Jinxiewinxie

My goal with this mod is to have it "blend in" with existing sets. I installed MegaMod and had a very difficult time creating a town with structures that looked like they belonged together. One mod would have beautiful houses but no workplaces that matched it, or I'd find a perfect center market but none of the roofs of the other buildings in any other mod matched it. It's very frustrating when all you want is a full town with every type of structure that follows the same theme but can't find one XD

I want this one to be a sort of mix-and-match set that you can just place down next to anybody's small-ish thatch style structure or stone style structure and feel like they fit eachother somewhat. It took me a long time to find textures that matched the base game (and therefore a lot of other people's mods) and scale them right, etc. etc.

@kid1293  knows his mods have been a heavy influence for my work (mostly because he creates mods that match eachother and base-game textures pretty darn well) and has been very encouraging thus far, I can't thank him enough <3

kid1293

@Abandoned - You and I work together very well.
@Jinxiewinxie - You were in need of help to start modding.

I gladly help people who wants me to make some tweaks or update...
My mods are for everyone. I have set only one restriction. Don't upload to Steam!

:) I hope we all can accept that we steal from Luke who made the game.
If he had listened it could be a much better game.

Jinxiewinxie

You're such a lovely person @kid1293 ! I hope one day I can be as helpful to a newbie as you've been to me. There is SO MUCH to learn and figure out when it comes to this stuff and its pretty intimidating at the start XD

kid1293

Thanks. I did what we all do to keep the game alive. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on February 13, 2019, 09:16:48 AM
Thanks. I did what we all do to keep the game alive. :)

yes you do !!!

/hug !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: 1 on February 13, 2019, 09:54:39 AM
When i wrote "copy".
I did not meant any negative way.

there is no negative way in this. we all need models. Create things totally 100% without single picture in our brain... is impossible. our brain works that way.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jinxiewinxie

Everything is a remix! Heh =D There's a whole youtube series about how nothing NEW is actually created or thought of.. its just small changes to existing ideas =)

kid1293

Jinxiewinxie

I've separated the mod into houses and then.. everything else XD I'm feeling somewhat confident that the house portion of the mod can be finalized, but I need some testing done. Could someone try it out and report back? I've attached a zip folder with the .pkm in it.

Edit Feb 19th: removed link to this file as its been updated a bunch since then

Abandoned

@Jinxiewinxie I have done a small test with Itty Housing putting a few houses on a map but all went well and they look very nice  :)  I really like the stone and slate texture color.  There is a nice variety of houses and the boarding house is also very nice, nice size and design.  Keep up the good work.  :)

Tonje

A quick question to @Jinxiewinxie
What size are the houses footprints? Looks like 3x3

I've just recently downloaded and tested out @kid1293 's Tiny MODS (I really like them) and having a matching set of houses would be wonderful.

kid1293

Continuing foot prints.

The boarding house should be changed to 7 wide (not 6) and align the door.
It leaves a small space on each side. Not noticeable! :)

Else all is fine - footprints, build stages and final stage.

You have just claimed the price for smallest buildings. Tiny bows in awe!  :) :)

edit - Some of them are a little bit expensive.

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Abandoned on February 14, 2019, 05:49:31 AM
@Jinxiewinxie I have done a small test with Itty Housing putting a few houses on a map but all went well and they look very nice  :)  I really like the stone and slate texture color.  There is a nice variety of houses and the boarding house is also very nice, nice size and design.  Keep up the good work.  :)

@Abandoned Yay! I'm glad they work out, that slate texture is my favorite thing XD I'm thinking of adding some sort of slate resource eventually so that it requires slate to build it and/or upgrade to it.

Quote from: Tonje on February 14, 2019, 06:36:56 AM
A quick question to @Jinxiewinxie
What size are the houses footprints? Looks like 3x3

I've just recently downloaded and tested out @kid1293 's Tiny MODS (I really like them) and having a matching set of houses would be wonderful.

@Tonje They're 3x3 footprint but the houses sit just inside that area =) Some of the add-ons like porches and fences are pretty close to the edge of their 3x3 allowance, heh!

Quote from: kid1293 on February 14, 2019, 06:43:26 AM
Continuing foot prints.

The boarding house should be changed to 7 wide (not 6) and align the door.
It leaves a small space on each side. Not noticeable! :)

Else all is fine - footprints, build stages and final stage.

You have just claimed the price for smallest buildings. Tiny bows in awe!  :) :)

edit - Some of them are a little bit expensive.

@kid1293 That boarding house is the death of me because of just how huge it is XD Should the footprint be changed on both the rotated version and the regular? They have different footprints because I had a hard time making the texture for the rotated one fit correctly, heh. I'll take a peek at fixing the pricing, I think I put random numbers there that just looked about right but didn't consider balance =/

THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME! I appreciate it so much =)

Jinxiewinxie

On an only tangibly related note, I started working on my rabbit hutch but forgot to apply scale settings for my wee wabbit:

Seeing him in game when I placed him was about the funniest thing XD RUN FOR THE HILLS! lol