News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Roxbow

Started by brads3, December 10, 2018, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

wait wut ? city nearly full ? you barely made 100 tiles in the center of the map. ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

trust me i have a plan. the goal was to build a protected city in the map center between the river and lakes. you are close it is about 150x150 tiles.

brads3

YEAR 60

more fields were plowed.a fishing pier was built on the river.a beekeeper works a peach orchard. another fishing pier and water scavenger was added to the far west docks.a 2nd vendor was added to the 4 city markets.more goods have been stocked at the trading posts.food production shoud improve. the chickens were split with the holding pen. 
           the foresters asked for a stone church near the bridge. an RK medical clinic was built west of the bridge.a cemetary was needed.the north cemetary has space for 10 more graves.2 canons were sent to the lighthouse in case bandits do return.

there are 15 fishermen,9 RK greenhouses,8 KID greenhouses,44 crop and orchard fields,4 apiaries,7 pastures,3 water scavenegers,4 rice paddies,and a walnut grove inside the city.94 food producers.11 gatherers,6 hunters,and 1 fisherman work the forests and meadows.no wonder the bannies feel overworked.

much of the added food producers won't show production until next year.we are at 82,000 produced,way short of our 100,000 goal. we show a 10,000  shortage for the year.

pic 1: far west fish pier and scavenger
pic 2: canons and bridge pier
pc 3: east crop fields
pic 4: forest church
pic 5:city market inventories
pic 6: TP and armory inventory

brads3

YEAR 61

is anyone scared yet? too close to the end of this map to quit.we a town meeting is called.need more food than we can grow inside the city.definetly a major food problem.the founders have all passed on, did they over plan this city? did the mines take up too much room?  we stop ale,wine,and meal productions to conserve al the food we can.a food trade post will be built.we send 1 more gatherer to work the east RK forest.the hunters say they are concerned with over hunting so sending more hunters is not going to help.an RK apiary will be added to work the meadow.a 2nd walnut grove park is located near the ketchup factory. a hothouse and 2 KID greenhouses will go behind it.another fishing pier will be built beside the north lighthouse.if we can bring the food production up ,then hopefully the tmerchants will help keep us above a shortage. will it be enough?

we took in over 11,000 food plus 50 corn whiskey for the taverns. the food trader stocks logs,lumber,and glass. the RH general TP stocks coal. some extra items and linen are sent to the dock trade post.

the gunsmith is helping to make tools. the CC blacksmiths have 2 workers each. a log cart was set up to move logs to the mine smiths faster.we hope to avoid a tool shortage in the winter.

without building houses,our food production shows short by 10,000. we produced 3000 more than last year and traded for more than enough to cover it.

pic 1: RH food TP
pic 2:north river pier
pic 3: meadow apiary
pic 4:hothouse and 2 more greenhouses
pic 5: med clinic

Gatherer

With such a good river layout I'm surprised you have so little trading posts.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

the girlfriend has surgery on her hand next week,monday the 28th. my hope was to finish this map and reorganize before starting the RK upgrade. with the snow storm and bitter cold,i have been trying to push this map out to the finish. this week i have started double posting since i am ahead a few days.as much as i wanted to start the RK before her surgery,it isn't working that way.

i want to save a copy of this mod order. use the mod manager to save a copy with some changes to correct a couple things.and then download the RK and a few other mod updates.RED has made some serious changes.we talked back and forth on ideas so i am curious to see how everything works.i see a lot of tests before playing a full normal map.instead of just giving you all the mod order or a list of the many mods thrown together,i want to walk through it. it would give you some idea of how i put the mods together. chance to give more info that might help other players learn. maybe it would give them ideas as to how they want their own maps or mod order to be.   
          i shake my head cause i really do want to get the RK tests started.however,i know it will take several days to do the testing.instead of rushing i would rather walk through it slow and easy.i'll finish this map and reset the mod order from it.while the girlfriend heals and rests after the surgery,i'll try to start the RK tests.

YEAR 62

we need to build the rest of the RK houses and finish the eastern part of the city.hopefully i can do that without screwing it up too badly and not starve anyone.we do have an outbreak of diptheria that started in the winter.hopefully the warm sunshine of spring will help before it spreads more.     

the diptheria took several lives.we finished the RK houses.another KIDD greenhouse was builtthe bannies cleaned the east land and planted grass and trees.a flower garden and TANDY's arbor was added.another backsmith was needed to supply tools.we do catch up during the winter.

pic 1:east overview
pic 2: east RK houses
pic 3:east cemetary
pic 4: TANDY's arbor
pic 5 north BS

brads3

YEAR 63

there are 25 houses between the meadow and forests,so 50 adults live outside the city.at 437 adults total,we are short of the goal. changing from the tight house row to the normal way of building the RK's did leave us short on houses. this file dates to early Dec.somehow back then i did have the food figured better.somehow i over calculated the food production.with 95 laborers and 10 builders we did have the manpower just not the room.

the city is well protected locked in between the lakes.a wall and mountain block access from the west.boats patrol the 2 lakes.there are 2 guarded bridges.several towers and lighthouses keep lookout for bandits. the armory holds 608 muskets and we have canons as well.

i tred to give some looks at the terrain textures.doesn't show up well without the zoom hack.the RK terrain isn't a plain smoothe terrain.i like how RED did this. it has grass spots and dusty spots mixed in.there is a randomness to it, so it doesnt have a plain uniform color all across the map.more of a natural look.some spots are more dusty and others are more of a thicker grass look. the verdant and lush grass from the grassy road mod fit very well with the terrain.

having said that,i am looking at changing it. somewhere there is a terrain that has a more fall leaf look to it.now it may be 1 of TOM's north mod textures.depending on how the mods went together,the terrain i remember might have been a mixture.so far i have mixed feelings from the tests i ran.the last 1 did something weird.

pic 1: protection north
pic 2: protection northeast
pic 3: southeast
pic 4:south
pic 5:west

pic 6:view from center looking east
pic 7: look south
pic 8: look west
pic 9: looking north
pic 10: end stats
pic 11: production
pic 12: inventory
pic 13: popuation graphs
pic 14: overview

brads3

END NOTES:

RK version 1.11,  142 mods.dense forest,wild bees and flora patch,easy trade and livestock trade were added. pine mod and KID's forest outpost above the RK.nat div below the RK.

mod issues: flora patch is spawning wild flax and oats; do have CC feathers;KID's RH BS needs furnace fuel to make muskets;RK berries do not respawn with the meadows;mine outputs are low.

if anyone remembers another mod glitch, please remind me.

i did make some adjustments to the mod order with the mod manager along the way.the mod manager makes it super easy to adjust things.  i goofed and saved the new order over the original for this map. disabled the dense forest and flora patch,moved CC frontier above KID's mods to fix the blacksmith issue,dropped the CC livestock trader below the RK,and moved the one stop mine mod down.the unlimited and safety mods were left alone. i added the nordic landscape below the RK and re-added the riffle mod to the bottom.

this mod order and a full copy of the WinData folder will be kept.  it functions well with only a few issues. hopefully the tweaks will solve them. the CC feathers can be persistant.the RK berries might be one of the give and take deals with the pine mod.

one drawback to upgrading the mods and changing mod orders is i can't return to any prior maps.i do envy others who can still play a map from years ago.before i start the latest upgrade of the RK CHOICE,i will delete the save games.

RedKetchup

but rkec 1.22 has wild flax, cotton and oats.

brads3

yea i saw that you added them. next week,i will download and look at it.probably tues.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on January 27, 2019, 06:27:09 AM
yea i saw that you added them. next week,i will download and look at it.probably tues.

i took the best of it... no need of traps.. since i have 5-6 diff wild animals.

Artfactial

Would love to use the Pine mod as well; that looks like some great additions. Haven't been able to get it to work with my current safe so probably shouldn't try too hard.
Being stuck with a load order for the duration of a map is quite annoying indeed.

brads3

not sure "annoying" is the right word. mod order is very critical,some mods are very picky about where they are in  order to function completely.some can be added to running games without causing crashes.most things are better added in between maps and then the mod order tested before playiong a long game. lots depends on rather the mod affects the map start or just adds different styles of buildings.

the pine mod to fully function must be added in between maps and above the main base  mod. it should go above any mod that conflicts with it. to find a list of those mods,you can click the minimize icon on the mod in the mods menu.this will add the pine mod fully. the pine includes trapping and several items that will spawn on the map.plus different trees.

in ARTIFACTIAL's case <a started map>,the pine mod can be added at the bottom of the mod order.it won't over ride or change the base map nor add many of the pine items directly. you could use a pine forester and they will plant some of the pine mod's trees which will spawn some of the items. you could say use the maple forester and it would harvest maple sap and apples.you could build the pine cabins,cider press,sap boiler.
you could build the pine forester and harvest the pine items and build the turpentine still.so much will work and you could see the buildings of the mod.

Artfactial

Thanks, last time I tried adding the Pine mod to the bottom of the load order, the game just crashed. But I'll give it another shot.
The productions buildings and foresters would already be awesome to have, at the moment.:)

And I know load orders are delicate and to be mindful about. The fact that I cannot easily change things around does annoy me at times.;)

brads3

did you let the game reload,save and exit,and then fully reload the saved game? it would be worth trying,but it may still crash.there is a lite version of the pine that shouldn't crash aded that way.