News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trizeropz: +9000 Population Town

Started by Trizeropz, March 18, 2015, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

haha suicide to get your 5000 hehe.

i think you just need to tweak your disease strategy and you ll get there more easily next time :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I didn't find the discussion  but I've found the picture, I made to illustrate it, so I'll try to explain it again.

You have much more families than homes. This means that not every young couple can move out into a home and have babies as soon as possible.

You take a big bunch of nomads. First there are a lot of homeless people. As soon as some old dies or you build new houses ,the nomads move into homes that are free. After some time they all have roofs over their heads.

In this time; there are no new couples from your original people. They have to wait longer, and each family has less children. The population growth is lower.

If you hadn't taken any nomads. Young couples would have taken the free homes and produced new babies. After a couple of years you have the same population, if you take nomads or not. The difference; better educated and much less probability for a disease. The orange line I draw on the graph.

Trizeropz

yeah @RedKetchup , next time i will build the hospitals apart the residential area, and maybe some more than 13:D

Nilla

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 03, 2015, 08:24:43 AM

yeah @irrelevant  thanks, youre right. i think i saw the thread about nomads, that the population growth is bad after accepting nomads. but i have nevertheless more population after some years of accepting nomads  than if i dont accept.

I think you are wrong here.

Trizeropz

yeah @Nilla  i know what you mean. but if you draw the orange line on my graph it would match with the real population growth. and i have some more houses than families:D
i think in my case, because of many more houses than families, i can say it was better to take the nomads. it wouldnt be the same amount of people without tak them, even after many years

irrelevant

@Nilla,
I'm watching his video feed, he's at pop 4990 and not having much fun; he just wants it to end   ;D

Nilla

Oh yes I see, In such a case you are right.

Trizeropz

im outside now. brb in 3-4 hours:)

irrelevant

@Trizeropz you are doing exactly the same thing I was doing near the end of Sink Mill; just waiting for houses to get built, and sitting there watching the pop number  ;)

Trizeropz

haha yeah:D did you demolish your taverns, pastures or churches for more space? if yes, with which one did you start to demolish?

irrelevant

Well, I had hardly any churches, ale was my mainstay for trade, and I had many many thousands of coats in stock, so I tore out all 23 pastures and replaced them with wooden houses   ;D

Trizeropz

omg its done. wow!! 5k im so happy right now!!

irrelevant

I saw it click over; Congrats! I know just how you feel  :D

Trizeropz

now i need to survive till next nomads. waiting for my 300 houses to get built xD

irrelevant

I probably won't watch any more today. I just wanted to see it click over. Yes, the quality was very poor. I can't really read anything on the screen. I could just make out the difference between 4 and 5  :D