News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Abandoned on May 12, 2019, 07:26:55 AM
:) Did you doubt I would want to use these?  ;D  They are fantastic and will be used often.

There's just so many other "personally made" trees as deco that are available that I thought maybe I was being too extra by wanting just matching base-game pieces. But I like the way base-game looks! Heh XD And all the rocks folks have made don't quite blend in with the base-game ones, except for the new ones RK added to RKEC but then again, I don't always want to play with a big mod (as much as I love RKEC's textures.. I have a recent obsession, heh)

Quote from: galensgranny on May 12, 2019, 08:47:23 AM
Those are good looking deco pieces.  I particularly like the rocks. 

I can take zero credit for how they look because they're the exact base-game meshes that I just re-used as deco items instead. But I love the way they look too and I would do all sorts of crazy things to have more rocks in my game (Renewable Resources mod lets you GROW rocks in a circle, so I would place one of those down and then remove the building and resources so I just had the rocks I wanted left.. major pain but it worked!)

Jinxiewinxie

Back on track =D

I can't decide if I like the middle slats version or the middle beam version better.. they're both "suitable" looking for an in-game interpretation of a Turkey Roost. Can someone share an opinion with me so I can move forward? XD

The ones with the base-game stone style roofs have the middle beam and then the other ones have the middle slats. Chicken coops are placed around for reference =)

Here's some shots of example Turkey Roosts I'm working from:

galensgranny

I think the horizontal middle beam is better, especially due to how the turkeys seem to use beams/slats.

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: galensgranny on May 12, 2019, 10:18:33 AM
I think the horizontal middle beam is better, especially due to how the turkeys seem to use beams/slats.

Yay! Alrightie, back to work XD Ty!

Jinxiewinxie

Aaaand we've got lady turkeys to go with the male turkeys plus three different colors/patterns for 'em:

Took a while to edit my male turkey mesh so it looks like a female one XD

Jinxiewinxie

Can barely see them in game, figures lol

They have some detail though.. if you use a zoom hack XD

And they're pretty low-poly/don't have a ton of faces and vertices =)

taniu

@Jinxiewinxie :D Fantastic model of hen house and turkeys. I like it very much. maybe you will add guinea fowl, partridge, pheasant? - mixed poultry?  :P You are a talented moderator, everything goes well. Bravo.
Greetings

Jinxiewinxie

@taniu   Maybe =) I think someone has a grouse model I might be able to track down to use for other birds. I'll think more about the best way to have another version after this one and my duck/goose pond are complete.

Some people don't like too many similar items, like chicken meat isn't all that different from turkey meat (or other fowl meat)... same for eggs.

Maybe a blank bird shelter where you can pick from a dropdown menu what sort of products you want? Then I'd just need to make some deco birds that you can place around it however you'd like?

RedKetchup

beautiful !

whats about being the one who can animate all these for us ?  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 12, 2019, 02:50:58 PM
beautiful !

whats about being the one who can animate all these for us ?  ;D

I want to figure it out SO bad! I've tried to reverse engineer some of the other .fbx files I've come across with animations but something usually goes wrong =( Also, you have like every animal we could think of in RKEC already lol XD

kid1293

There is a problem with Blender animation export to .fbx

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: kid1293 on May 12, 2019, 03:32:49 PM
There is a problem with Blender animation export to .fbx

Its so frustrating to not be able to figure it out! I can make an animation and it runs fine in Blender but when I try to use it in game, the mesh just sits there and sometimes turns. It doesn't move for the walking animation (I made sure the frames were right) and it doesn't do any of the idles. Just sits there, turns sometimes, and the smaller ones get bigger =( Its so frustrating to be so close yet so far and not know exactly what it is that makes it not work. I've tried exporting with all kinds of random settings too.

Jinxiewinxie

I posted a plea for help over @ Black Liquid's site.. maybe ShockPuppet or someone will take pity on me XD

taniu

@Jinxiewinxie ;D I do not know if someone will help you from this site - nothing has happened for a long time - only @ Kralyerg has been active lately and has improved his mod @ Necora. Can you ask @Tom Sawyer for help? - Black Grouses animated -  It has  your own rules . Greetings
Ps will help @Troy a lot, but if he wants to help me - I do not know - I think he cooperated @ RedKetchup?

RedKetchup

Quote from: taniu on May 13, 2019, 02:34:05 AM
Ps will help @Troy a lot, but if he wants to help me - I do not know - I think he cooperated @ RedKetchup?

cant count on troy :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .