News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Random questions about gameplay and game mechanics

Started by Gatherer, September 30, 2018, 10:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

so i did some tests....

there will be some adjustments to do like: dig a long hole and fill it with the celling of the tunnel because citizens dont use MY floor but the seabed floor and we see them walking through the water...
My floor was -10 tiles below the ground level, so a lot lower than seabed floor.

but the boat worked fine :)

Edit : i made it as a traditional click and drag as normal bridge (auto scaling) as same cost price as a tunnel.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i am spending some more time presently since 1-2 hours to make better model, enough good to be part of RKEC patch 1.3 :)
i am compiling presenlty to see in game.... so i will see how it goes with the digging :)

RedKetchup

gah , it crashed. i think doesnt like the digging :(
doing more tests

Discrepancy

Yeah I have tried this a year ago and was getting crashes also from something when I tried to send the citizens under the seabed floor. But what you have done looks good so far.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 26, 2019, 02:54:18 AM
Yeah I have tried this a year ago and was getting crashes also from something when I tried to send the citizens under the seabed floor. But what you have done looks good so far.

but... but... we are better than a year ago :)

RedKetchup

yeah it still doesnt want to send the citizens below the seabed lol

the other question: didnt understood what you meant

Gatherer

Thanks for taking time to test this idea Mr. Red.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

to paint the raised terrrain can be done. you can use the grassy roads mod and build and then fill in around the buildings with the roads.if you have CC,there is colored tiles that you can use. you have to paint 1 tile at a time but you can build over these colored tiles.  the graasy road mod has several grass options. a pasture,verdant grass,and a  lusher grass,plus some others.these do look good with the RK terrain.they blend quite well. you should be able to find the grassy road mod from the CC site.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on January 26, 2019, 04:50:21 AM
Thanks for taking time to test this idea Mr. Red.

there no improvements at all. i tried hard. i dont see the purpose of it if we still see the citizens walking on the seabed.

Gatherer

@RedKetchup Could you still release the non-crashing version as a standalone mod? Perhaps I can find some use for it in one of my towns.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Gatherer

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Is the lake floor height accesible or is it hardcoded?

Crazy thought: Is it possible to set the citizen walking plane with an underground tunnel model to be higher than camera view at maximum zoom-out? So that they would travel so high up in the air we would not be able to see them and give the illusion they are actually travelling through the tunnel?
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

brads3

poor bannies. now gatherer wants to drop them from space with no parachutes  ???