News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

No nomads for 60+ years?

Started by MissyHissy, March 23, 2019, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissyHissy

Hi there.
My mum and I both play Banished and we recently got back into it after discovering mods on the Steam Workshop.
My mum started up a new game a couple of days ago. She's got the town hall, market and trading post and had two or three sets of nomads show up as normal. She turned the third lot away because she hadn't got the resources to support them.
Since then, no more nomads. It's been around 60+ years in game and no sign of them at all. Does anybody have any idea why that could be? Everything else is going fine but she's struggling with labour at the moment and an injection of nomads could really help out.

Any help is very much appreciated  :)

RedKetchup

she needs to make sure, there is no parts of the map which we cannot access with a bridge. maybe she was bad lucky and they spawned on that particular piece of land and they have no way to get to the townhall. thats the only explanation i can give you because all other things would be illogical.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

smurphys7

Here's some info from the moddable files:

TownHall.rsc

int _requiredPopulation = 8;
   ComponentDescription _requiredStructures
   [
      "Template/Market.rsc"
      "Template/TradingPost.rsc"
   ]

float _minGroupPercent = 0.05;
   float _maxGroupPercent = 0.15;
   float _timeDelayMonths = 24;
   float _timeDelayMonthsTol = 48;
   int _arriveMinMonth = 1;
   int _arriveMaxMonth = 3;
   int _leaveMonth = 7;

Perhaps bad luck?

Perhaps there is no path from the border of the map to the Town Hall?

Perhaps you need to make more sacrifices to the Banished gods?

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 23, 2019, 11:11:21 AM
TownHall.rsc

int _requiredPopulation = 8;
   ComponentDescription _requiredStructures
   [
      "Template/Market.rsc"
      "Template/TradingPost.rsc"
   ]

this code is for the vanilla townhall. Mods can edit it differently. like in RKEC, since we have tons of market available, i took out the market of it. only need the trading post.
the Docks Townhalls in RKEC ask just for the Dock Market. The Lighthouse ask nothing.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MissyHissy

Thanks for the speedy responses! We've looked at her map this morning and there is a large piece of land in the south that was cut off bu a lake, stream and river. She's built a bridge so now we'll wait and see! Thanks for your help  :)

Abandoned

@MissyHissy A quick tip regarding nomads.  I have may times had a problem with nomads not making it to town.  When nomads arrive on the map there is a little blue tent notification symbol that appears on the toolbar for a short time.  If nomads do not arrive in town you know they are stuck somewhere. They do not always arrive in the same place. If you accept them, you can find where they are and must build bridges quickly in that direction or they will die of starvation.  This is often difficult to do because of distance and multiple streams.  I have found that Kid Houseboat mod has little free-to-build ramp pieces to connect boat to shore and these pieces can easily be placed on distant streams to get bannies across.  (Main river should have normal bridge for boats to pass but ramp pieces are easily removed by one click)  Hope this helps  :)

MissyHissy

@Abandoned Thanks for that tip! She hasn't had the blue tent notification at all since the last lot she had to turn away. I assumed the notification only came up once they'd made it to the town hall.

It's been five years since the bridge was built but nothing so far (she's using a realistic aging mod and the nomads come approximately every six years with that one) but fingers are still crossed.  :)

Abandoned

oh, I get that notification when they are stuck - before they get to town.  I use either Kid NomadSign Complete or Nomad Well where you can chose the % of nomads you want to arrive and they arrive every year.  There is no need to build town hall or market.

I hope problem will resolve itself  :)

MissyHissy

So do we. It can be so frustrating.
The Nomad Well sounds useful. I'll assume it shouldn't be used in an existing game though? Worth a thought for future games, if nothing else. Thanks for that!  :)

Abandoned

If you have Kid Tiny mod loaded than you already have nomad well  :)

MissyHissy

Haven't got it installed yet, I was wondering if installing it and activating it would mess her existing game up at all?

Abandoned

@kid1293 would have to answer that, I would probably not add it to an existing game but the nomad sign complete should be safe to add.  find it here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1930.msg39182#msg39182

kid1293

It can mess things up since she already has one one nomad attractor (town hall).
Be careful to use only one nomad attractor. It may work but it can also mean trouble.

MissyHissy

Aha, okay then. Probably better not to take the risk. She's had the town going for 120 years, I'd hate for her to lose what she has achieved.
Looks like we might have to sit this one out and wait and see. Thanks for the help, though!  ;D

rkelly17

Quote from: kid1293 on March 24, 2019, 06:36:52 AM
It can mess things up since she already has one one nomad attractor (town hall).
Be careful to use only one nomad attractor. It may work but it can also mean trouble.

In most of my towns I use both the standard town hall and the mission church from the mission mod (I like my tequila producing area to have a Mexican vibe). Both attract nomads, though the mission does so more often and in smaller groups. When I need nomads, it is nicer to have them in smaller dribs and drabs. So far no issues. I've not used your well or the sign, but I have used the older tavern/hotel with no problems. Some attractors do have rules (e.g., no nomads attracted until a hospital built) beyond the town hall's rules. Some have no rules, according to the wisdom of the modder. Long story short: Having two attractors has never been a problem for me.