News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Multi-Challenge #2: Vegetarian Village

Started by solarscreen, June 27, 2014, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Here comes the 2nd forum multi-challenge! 

The Vegetarian Village
No meat eating, no meat herding, no meat harvesting.
You may buy wool and wear wool coats, you may buy leather and wear leather coats and warm coats.

Once again, we will name multiple champions.

Categories for this challenge:
Best Looking
Most People
Most map area used
Best In Show

We are also going to crown Best Rookie Entry!  If you have never posted a challenge, now is your chance!

Contest ends on July 18th.

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

solarscreen

irrelevant

solarscreen

mariesalias

Quote from: solarscreen on June 27, 2014, 07:50:59 PM
Quote from: mariesalias on June 27, 2014, 07:49:26 PM
Any size/type map?

Any, your choice

I think I almost prefer it when you give us the map/conditions. Trying to decide on a map takes me forever! ;p

RedKetchup

so in any case it should be mentionned in our townhall inventory any of these names ?
as soon you have a minimum of 1 (fish for example) it will be written the name : 0 (fish: 0, for example)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mariesalias

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 27, 2014, 08:34:30 PM
so in any case it should be mentionned in our townhall inventory any of these names ?
as soon you have a minimum of 1 (fish for example) it will be written the name : 0 (fish: 0 for example)

Do they not show up if you never had them? I never thought about it before, but i guess that would make sense. I believe the trade port functions like that, too.

Bobbi

Can we use a village we started before? My "Not really a challenge" village was vegetarian. I never finished the 50 year challenge, and I thought it was kind of pretty.

solarscreen

Quote from: Bobbi on June 28, 2014, 07:44:15 AM
Can we use a village we started before? My "Not really a challenge" village was vegetarian. I never finished the 50 year challenge, and I thought it was kind of pretty.
As long as your already started village meets the challenge criteria and always has, you are welcome to do so.

Bobbi

Sadly, apparently I deleted every single save to that village. It met the criteria, was in year 25 or so.

canis39

I'm in!  Have not done a challenge on this forum yet.  I definitely won't win "Best in show" but maybe I can get an honorable mention for rookies! 

Here's a question: how do you take a screenshot of just a certain area of the screen (the town hall screen, or the event log, etc)?

irrelevant

If you press "PrtScn" it will copy the display to the clipboard. Then you can open Paint and paste it into a new picture. After that's it's just another image you can edit.

slink

Quote from: mariesalias on June 27, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on June 27, 2014, 08:34:30 PM
as soon you have a minimum of 1 (fish for example) it will be written the name : 0 (fish: 0 for example)

Do they not show up if you never had them? I never thought about it before, but i guess that would make sense. I believe the trade port functions like that, too.

They do not show up in the town hall if you have never had any in your town.  Note that hide coats always show up because you start with some of those, so even if your colony is managed more strictly than the rules for this challenge require, you will still have an entry for hide coats.  It was to the shame of the colonists in Boltona that they were packed off wrapped in the skins of dead animals, and their potatoes and tools were packed with more of the same.

RedKetchup

but it s not forbidden to have coats, we will have to deal with merchants and get leather and wool :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .