News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Basnished's Install Game Files

Started by MarkAnthony, July 30, 2019, 10:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Where are all of Banished's game files located? I can't find them anywhere, not in my installed folder (see image below) and also not anywhere in the hidden AppData folder neither.

In particular I was looking to see if I could find the file that holds all of the in-game Event window output. I wanted to parse the event info for certain things. Normally game installs have hundreds if not thousands of files and folders but apparently not Banished, not that I could find anyhow.

Any ideas?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48419894021_23f7ac2673_o.png
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Discrepancy

nope you won't find any of that, very little is accessible to us. The game files are in the WinData folder: data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg, patch1.pkg

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on July 31, 2019, 12:04:32 AM
nope you won't find any of that, very little is accessible to us. The game files are in the WinData folder: data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg, patch1.pkg

yeah all those files contain all the code and assets.

the toolkit will take a copy of those files, and extract from it the files the developper decided to extract. only the code he allow us to play with, all the assets are not extracted nor the core of the game. we cannot add and programing new events.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .