News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: MOD: Decorative Items Pack v 1.3 Beta - RedKetchup (fixed bug x2)

Started by RedKetchup, September 16, 2014, 09:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello everyone ! Finally my BETA Mod is ready to be released :)

MOD: Decorative Items Pack v 1.2 - RedKetchup

1. This Mod introduce a new "root" toolbar called : Decorative Items

Inside that toolbar you will find all the items coming from my Decorative Items Pack.

2. Fences (Wood Fence) : This Decorative Items pack hold many different wood fence. 1 straight line, 1 corner in a "L" shape, 1 corner in a "Y" shape and 1 corner in a "+" shape.
All those different shapes allow you match alot of fence design projects. you can rotate them with the "R" and "T" keys. if you want to destroy it or destroy one part, you will need to use the Remove structure tool.
Those fence cost between 1 and 3 logs to build and cost 10 buildwork units (time) to build. Only one worker will work on each fence.

later, i will add a stone fence options to let you do the same but with stone designs, and maybe also walls.

3. Trees (Wild Trees) : This Decorative Items pack hold many different wild trees. 1 Eternal Pine, 1 Eternal Birch, and 1 Eternal Oak. They all coming from the wild forest. Unfortunatly, limited by moddling skills , those decorative trees will spawn full growth , adult, when the builder will finish to plant it. Though they will change color during seasons, they cant die and they count as a 'building' the same way bridge, tunnel and well. So if you want to remove them, you will need to use the Remove Structure tool.  Those trees will cost 1 Seedling Unit to make it happend. you can also use "R" and "T" to rotate these trees.

4. New ressource : Seedlings. The General Good Merchant and the Resources Merchant will sell you Seedlings. This new ressource will also be crafted in a new building which will be called : Greenhouse. The base value of these new seedlings is 8 trade units and will come in packs that will let you use for many trees.

NB.: This MOD is in BETA Phase.

Known Bugs:

Graphical glich (0.1 sec to 1 sec depending of game speed) when the Citizen put the seedling required mats at the Eternal building site. no crash though.

Version 1.1 Beta

Changelog:
Added 3 toolbars, the main 'base toolbar' now is calling 3 toolbars : Fences toolbar, WildTrees toolbar and FruitTrees toolbar.
Added the 8 fruit trees of the game as Eternal Tree. They all cost 1x Seedling to build, and cost 30 buildwork units.

Version 1.2 Beta

Changelog:
Added 3 parts of a Stone Fence: a straight one (Stone Fence), an end one (Stone Fence End) and a corner one (Stone Fence Corner). They cost 1 stone unit each.
Added a Wood Fence Gate that fit perfectly with the wood fences and the stone fences.
Fixed a lightning problem on some wood fence parts that was making them looking darker than used too.
Fixed building process of wood fences by deleting the upper plank of wood to make it more evident that builders are still working on it.

DECORATIVE ITEMS PACK V 1.3 Release.

This major update add 16 new items in Banished Game.

Features:

1. The main bar of Decorative Items Pack has been modified to get more toolbars.

2. The fence, the wild trees and the fruit trees toolbar stayed unchanged. More to come in a future update.

3. A NEW statues toolbar has been made allowing you to build up to 7 new statues.

4. A NEW random items toolbar has been made allowing you to build up to 7 new items.

5. Another NEW flower toolbar has been made but has been hiding for the moment. It will be released and shown in a future patch when i ll be satisfied of it.

6. A new building has been release : The Greenhouse. The greenhouse is made mainly of glass to let the warm sun enter inside the building. In this new building, the new resource "seedling" will be made all year long. It allows 1 worker and will cost 48 logs and 6 stones to build. A new resource limit also has been made to bypass a certain bug i met. In a future patch i will add some plants and trees inside the greenhouse to make it more beautiful.

7. A new Profession : Botanist has been made. The botanist will work in the new greenhouse and will work hard to get wild trees and fruits trees seedling resource.

8. The statues.

8a. Now you can make a statue of a cleric to honor your first priest of your village.

8b. Now you can make a statue of a merchant to honor the merchant who helped the most your town and its citizens.

8c. Now you can make a statue of a militia/warrior to honor the one who dedicated his life to keep your town and its citizens safety.

8d. and 8e. Now you can make 2 statues of an angel to thank and honor the angels in the sky to have given your citizens a new opportunity to live a new life.

8f. Now you can make a statue of a mighty warrior to honor the mighty hero who saved your citizens and kept them alive during that long journey. Without him, your banished Citizens wouldnt have been made it alive.

8g. Now you can make a statue of a lion because .... everyone likes lions and your citizens respect the nature and the creatures that live in.

9. Random Items.

9a. A new Scarecrow has been made to protect your citizens crops and harvests.

9b and 9c. 2 new trellis has been made and can serve as property entrance. and it allows citizens to pass through.

9d. and 9e. 2 new benches has been made because after an hard work day, a citizen would always appreciates to sit a moment and regain energy.

9f and 9g. 2 new fountains has been made and will make your town beautiful. they will be very praised by your town's citizens.

10. Bugfixes.

A. A bugfix has been made to fix the stone fences to interfere with the cemetary stone fences making them bug.

Total of 14 new awesome items, 1 new building and 1 new profession for your lovely town.
Enjoy !

11. Bugfixes.

Added a fix for the wood fences and the trellis. you cannot build a road under it anymore, but you will able to remove them as you want now.

it will only work for your future gates/trellis , not those which has been built previously with the non-remove bug.

Fixed broken statue 5.

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)

If anyone has a registration problem email us at worldofbanished at gmail dot com.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

and i made another thing tonight :)

I made 3 new toolbars on my own toolbar :)
Decorative Fences
Decorative Wild Trees
Decorative Fruit Trees

i ve put all the fences together, all the wild trees together and in the new one was for fruit trees :)

i added all 8 fruit trees :)

Eternal Apple Tree
Eternal Cherry Tree
Eternal Chesnut Tree
Eternal Peach Tree
Eternal Pear Tree
Eternal Pecan Tree
Eternal Plum Tree
Eternal Walnut Tree

they all fully operational :)

just need to finish it, like little icons , etc ... :)
and tommorow i ll post the update :)

assobanana76

you're making me crazy! .)
I had downloaded the first beta version here, installed and played for 2 hours at 5 / 10x!
then you brought out the version of banishedinfo, I downloaded that version replacing the previous one and the game crashes because it tell me that the author has created a different version from the one saved for the game!
now my question is: in general, how can I update the mod to the various versions released for them to use on already saved games?
I have to leave in the folder Windata the various versions of the game takes the most recent?
I have to overwrite the old version? I have to rename the new version somehow?
or do I wait for you to release the final version?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

oh I forgot !!
have you seen the link that I posted you on another thread to show the stone fence built by a Steam player?
has also used the locking gate wooden livestock.
and the opening of the fence in stone like that of the cemetery!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

ireally dunno what does some non-compatibilities with some builds on old saves. i think you should switch versions when you start new maps.

this is a period of great troubles for the game, once people will greatly have slowed to make mods the game will be more stable. till then, all your saves are kinda going to garbage.

yes i saw your link, but the guy doesnt seems to be in any forums/website. working alone for himself.

RedKetchup

btw i ll post a new build today this afternoon once i made and fixed all the toolbar icons. so dont waste your time with old 1.04 build, wait the 1.1 Beta build

assobanana76

I shot me when you said that all my saves of last two days are garbage!  ;D
I can only hope that with a renamed version the saves is not otherwise give me more problems!
u know that I'll be glued to the forum here until I see 1.1 !!!  :P

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 17, 2014, 08:01:08 AM
this is a period of great troubles for the game, once people will greatly have slowed to make mods the game will be more stable. till then, all your saves are kinda going to garbage.

yes i saw your link, but the guy doesnt seems to be in any forums/website. working alone for himself.

Bonjours, over here!   ;)

I agree that so much is happening these days it's hard to keep up. We have a list of what works here:http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/editor-s-choice-t99.html that can help.

I used my steam account, (have it for other games) to search for him and found nothing, not even his screen shots. The steam forum is difficult to use, even for an expert net user like me, the search engine sucks, the chaos of strange things posted, and lots of similar how-to videos, make it hard to find anything of value.   ::)

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on September 17, 2014, 09:02:25 AM

u know that I'll be glued to the forum here until I see 1.1 !!!  :P

sorry . just arrived. making a coffee and i ll get on icons and wrap everything up.

assobanana76

assobanana76

I thought I might make an attempt to not lose two hours of play in 5 / 10x reinstalling the very first version of your mod (fence instead of the tree), loading the game, turning off the mod, saving.
where can I find it?

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on September 17, 2014, 12:19:47 PM
I thought I might make an attempt to not lose two hours of play in 5 / 10x reinstalling the very first version of your mod (fence instead of the tree), loading the game, turning off the mod, saving.
where can I find it?

the v 1.01 ? i have it, send me your email by PM, i ll send you all version i have 1.01 to 1.03

RedKetchup

Version 1.1 Beta

Changelog:
Added 3 toolbars, the main 'base toolbar' now is calling 3 toolbars : Fences toolbar, WildTrees toolbar and FruitTrees toolbar.
Added the 8 fruit trees of the game as Eternal Tree. They all cost 1x Seedling to build, and cost 30 buildwork units.

RedKetchup

^^ as you can see ... i put alot of finish in my mods :) i even did 8 different trees icons for my 8 fruit trees hehe