News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Wagon Vendor v2.2 (updated 20 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, September 01, 2016, 11:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Wagon Vendor - v2.2

REQUIRES LATEST VERSION OF BANISHED

New in v2:

- 'Wagon Parts' are now a required construction part for the market wagons. It costs 2 wagon parts + 9 work to make/unpack all the wagons. Wagon Parts cost 5 logs + 2 iron to produce 1-2 parts, value 18 each, storage flag of Construction (Custom5).

**the mod contains files that include and alter the Village Workshop originally included in DSSV: Production, place this mod above in mod list to allow production of wagon parts at this workplace. - removed this in v2.1

See change log below for V2.2 changes.
Added in v2.1 - A small 2x2 Wagon Workshop - a small workshop to make Wagon Parts & Iron Tools

- The Wagon Vendor is now called 'General Market Vendor'
          -- 3 F-key variants.
          -- 3000 capacity.
          -- employs 1-3 Vendors.
          -- stocks: All Foods (edibles & non-edibles), Health, Tools, Clothing & Crafted (Custom0).
          -- radius: 34.

- 'Fuel Market Vendor'
          -- 2000 capacity.
          -- employs 1-2 Vendors.
          -- stocks: Fuel & Industrial Fuel (Custom3).
          -- radius: 21.

- 'Materials Market Vendor'
          -- 2000 capacity.
          -- employs 1-2 Vendors.
          -- stocks: Wood, Materials (Custom4) & Construction Materials (Custom5).

- 'MIS Market Vendor' (aka "Minerals, Iron & Stone Market Vendor")
          -- 2000 capacity.
          -- employs 1-2 Vendors.
          -- stocks: Minerals (CoalFuel), Iron & Stone.

Important:

*All wagons are road-build-able, and as such can not be deleted via the remove buildings tool.
To delete, click on the wagon and just to the left of the 'work' button, click 'Pack-up the wagon' to remove the wagon.

*Because the markets are road-build-able, citizens will also walk through the wagons.

Installation:
- Download the .zip file from here,
- Exract the file: 'DSWagonVendor.pkm',
- Place the file inside your Banished WinData folder,
- Enable the mod in mod list.

previous versions can be downloaded from Nexus Mods.

Change Log:

-- version 2.2   - 20122017
                       updated storage % values of General Merchant Wagon.
                       fixed Fuel wagon holding wrong resource flags.
                       updated General Market 3d models to fix a few issues
                       updated toolbar icons

-- version 2.1   - 18122017
                       removed files creating duplicate Village Workshop.
                       added new Wagon Workshop.
                       changes to DS toolbar files.

-- version 2.0   - 10042017
                       updated for banished 107, including new changes to storage flags.
                       added new General Market Variants.
                       added new markets: Fuel, Materials, MIS
                       includes Village Workshop to produce Wagon Parts, construction requirement.

-- version 1     - 01092016
                       initial release.

Stringtable download (for translation modding) = DSWagonVendorStringTable.rsc  v2.1 (unchanged for v2.2)

RedKetchup

looks awesome !

can we get a saloon, next ? just kidding.

good work :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

lol red.how bout a hunting lodge for food,logs,coats,tools, that will match with the log cabins?

Gatherer

Thank you for this nice mod. It will be put to good use in my logging villages.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

:) Thanks.

I was originally thinking of this mod having a couple of other similar but different wagons as residences, more like a gypsy market traveling group.

This never eventuated, and I now find I seem to have been holding onto a few semi-finished models that I had previously started, but never finished... hopefully a few more things soon.

Paeng25

Nice one! :)

QuoteI was originally thinking of this mod having a couple of other similar but different wagons

Yeah, I'm still dreaming of a "travelling" herbalist - in a waggon like this, maybe more colorful... like one of the old-time bathers, selling salves and tinctures... actually Kid1293 and I tossed this around a while back...

:)

PS: Ummm... "Download the 'DSTunnelMine.pkm' file"?
Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn

elemental

Can you make a version with all squares as roads? Some people might want to park it in a town square or something like that.

Quote from: Paeng25 on September 01, 2016, 02:33:29 PMYeah, I'm still dreaming of a "travelling" herbalist - in a wagon like this, maybe more colorful...

A gypsy wagon herbalist / mystical healer? Interesting idea. I like the sound of that.

Or, if you wanted a more colonial flavour... a snake-oil salesman.  :)

kid1293

Discrepancy - You are fantastic!

Your mods make me glad. :)

And - Go for a herbalist!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

How cute!!!!

I  like small market vendors.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Tom Sawyer

Yes, very nice and incredible detailed. A typical DS model. ;)

And indeed, they unpack the wagon.^^ I like that and thats why I have some thougths...

1. The model makes no shadows. It would look better with shadows but probably not quickly to solve. I think it's because the model is not "closed". A pure face makes no shadow in game.

2. I would remove the textiles to have more space for food and the other things citizens need. I would place this wagon in game next to the homes to provide food... Another specialized wagen vendor could provide textiles for the tailors. This could be very usefull with this flexible wagon vendor.

3. Actually they should pack the wagon to move to another location as you write in the tip. Maybe it is possible to simulate this as a new game mechanic. If the wagon would have no required building materials we would place a packed wagon on the ground and they unpack it to provide stuff. When we want to move it to another location, we would click on a remove button (You know from decorations) named "pack wagon" or something like that. Then we place it to the new location (without building materials), just to unpack it. Not the perfect solution but possible. And if the wagon would be a unique object, it would be the right feeling. So you have "The Travelling Vendor" to place it here or there on the map.

4. The traveling healer I would like to see, too! Maybe without the herbalist function because he should not run into the forest all the time, but stay at the wagon to heal citizens.

Nilla

I will try this mod, too. It looks very nice and also useful. I agree very much on what @Tom Sawyer says. I'm thinking of how I could use such a wagon in my current game Sligonia (I blog it) and come to this:

I agree, leave the textiles. I use the small markets from @kid1293. I have a lot of those. They have textiles and that's quite disturbing. Every small market has a few wool and/or reindeerfurs but I only have a few tailors and the productivity is low. I suppose they have to walk around in the area to get wool/furs. A special textile wagon would help.

A movable wagon would be really good. I would use it in new areas. Now the first thing I do, when I expand, is to put a market somewhere. Sometimes it turns out not to be on the best spot. With a moveable wagon; it wouldn't matter much.

Maybe you are concerned that it's overpowered compared to other markets, if you make it the way @Tom Sawyer says. But perhaps it's possible that it take some time (a lot of work units) to pack/unpack and move the wagon. Than, there is at least some "cost" to establish and move it. Or maybe it would cost a little something to allure the vendor to your spot. In the Nordic mod where coins are establish a few penningar would be good, but otherwise; maybe a good meal; 1 vegetable/grain,1 meat/fish/nut (if it's a vegetarian vendor) and 1 fruit as dessert! ;)

Discrepancy

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 02, 2016, 04:25:50 AM
1. The model makes no shadows. It would look better with shadows but probably not quickly to solve. I think it's because the model is not "closed". A pure face makes no shadow in game.
2. I would remove the textiles to have more space for food and the other things citizens need. I would place this wagon in game next to the homes to provide food... Another specialized wagen vendor could provide textiles for the tailors. This could be very usefull with this flexible wagon vendor.
3. Actually they should pack the wagon to move to another location as you write in the tip. Maybe it is possible to simulate this as a new game mechanic. If the wagon would have no required building materials we would place a packed wagon on the ground and they unpack it to provide stuff. When we want to move it to another location, we would click on a remove button (You know from decorations) named "pack wagon" or something like that. Then we place it to the new location (without building materials), just to unpack it. Not the perfect solution but possible. And if the wagon would be a unique object, it would be the right feeling. So you have "The Travelling Vendor" to place it here or there on the map.
4. The traveling healer I would like to see, too! Maybe without the herbalist function because he should not run into the forest all the time, but stay at the wagon to heal citizens.

Very good ideas.

1. I hadn't noticed that! thank you. I knew something wasn't quite right when I first put it in the game, I just thought it was maybe the textures clashing a little... but yes what you say makes sense as the texture file is being read as 'transparent' as the fish & tools are basically on a single face. But it shouldn't be too hard or take too long to rectify it if I just isolate the parts of the model that require transparency, and split them into a separate mesh linked to the main 'mesh' model.

2. It is a good point, and something I did think of. Noted.

3. I like this idea :) and in also answering Nilla, the idea of the food as a building cost combined with a higher work unit count is also good. It might require some more thoughts :)

4. This is another good idea... we will see.

But first back to finishing DSSV ....
I must say making a new cemetery fence work in game is not easy.

jrpjim

Great MOD but having a minor problem
First I am running on a 4k monitor in native and at times there are mouse issues.
It looks to me like some of the drop/pickup points relate to the full size market not the smaller version.
My screen Shot shows a worker dropping her items in a field. Note the market works fine IE. it gets the items.
The other problem (will likely go away if the drop point I fixed) workers slow down because the go off the Stone Road tp Drop Items.

A new idea has any one evere tried to make a trader like Market where you can set the items and limits like you do for trading posts

QueryEverything

Quote from: Discrepancy on September 03, 2016, 05:44:04 AM
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 02, 2016, 04:25:50 AM

Very good ideas.

2. It is a good point, and something I did think of. Noted.

3. I like this idea :) and in also answering Nilla, the idea of the food as a building cost combined with a higher work unit count is also good. It might require some more thoughts :)

4. This is another good idea... we will see.

But first back to finishing DSSV ....
I must say making a new cemetery fence work in game is not easy.

#2 I use the Nordic Warehouse with only building & tailor resources, but it's far too big & clunky in some of my small outposts where I have small sections with buildings no more than 4x2 or 4x4 (2 sections of 4x16 separated by a road making the total 9x16), and I use the travelling vendor.   
I would love to have a small version of the Nordic Warehouse, something that is about the same footprint of the vendor, if not a 2x2 but gather solely building & tailoring items. 

#3 To be honest I thought the item was "name only", I hadn't figured a way for it to be moved so I always built a new one then destroyed it when I needed the space, or am I missing something?  I may be a little (lottle) slow on this one :D

#4 The puzzle market has a small herbalist which I setup in all of my outposts, but I think they only stock herbs (I haven't checked for other resources), but certainly I would like to see one that stocks herbs, soaps, & honey items.  So anything with the "health" tag attached.   Brings me to ask ...

@Discrepancy what function is the Honey Comb? I need to reread your DSSV thread I think.  :D

I love your Vendor, it's a staple market for me, thank you :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]