News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Banished running/loading slow --- Try This

Started by Kristahfer, January 01, 2019, 05:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristahfer

I was having all sorts of issues when MegaMod came out. Slow to load, and slow to operate.

Then @RedKetchup told me about using DX11 rather than DX9 in the Banished options, to decrease loading time. Oh boy was I a happy camper.

Then MegaMod was no longer being supported as the modders where changing and adding things faster than MM8 could be updated. Bummer...
HOWEVER The New And Grand Mods Were Fantistic - Doubt I will ever go back to MegaMod - It was such a good idea, but short lived.

Then into the game came RKEditor and once again slow loading and running became an issue with all the mods I was now loading.

Then I found --- System Mechanic

This utility helped all around. It performs the following:

DEFRAGMENT AND COMPACT THE REGISTRY
As you make system changes and your PC's registry grows, the registry becomes fragmented and overly large. Regularly defragmenting the registry restructures data so that Windows can access what it needs faster, while compacting eliminates the bloated and unused space in the registry. The processes work together to speed program access, improve overall system efficiency, and free up vital memory.

DEFRAGMENT MEMORY (I went from Total/Used/Available---3.44/1.55/1.89   to   3.44/1.05/2.38  Recovered 494.7 Mb of RAM.)
Defragmenting memory reclaims and frees up valuable memory, which can have a dramatic impact on speed. Defragmenting the memory can also improve the stability of your computer as low memory is a common cause of computer crashes and lockups.

ULTRA PERFORMANCE MODE (Operation Speed Increases)
Ultra Performance Mode is custom-designed to exceed even the highest Windows power mode. When PowerSense sees that you're playing a game, for example, it will automatically go into Ultra Performance Mode, engaging all processor cores at maximum clock speed, jettisoning all non-essential background programs and services, and flushing your RAM of any old and unnecessary remnants.

Hope this helps --- Take a look.

brads3

Glad you have it back working. there have been debates on that registry. way you describe it makes sence that maybe it is just a defrag issue i still think old mods can get stuck in there and the game looks for them, which slows load times down. have not seen much of a lsow down since adding the mod manager. the game does load slower after adding or chainging mods but only a minute or 2 different. once the game rewrites the registry, the next load times are quicker.

that MM is a huge project to itself.can't imagine how much effort it takes those guys to compile so many mods into 1. i prefer adding the individual mods. it gives us so much more control on how they go together,which is upgraded, and where we use the memory that we have.