News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (3) thread

Started by RedKetchup, March 11, 2019, 07:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

I really dig it! Do you think you'll do one that's sort of like the shrubbery that's along the water's edge on the left hand side of the reference picture you posted earlier? It looks like a plant people in my area sometimes grow decoratively, with the white fronds sticking out of the greenery.

donwolfkonecny

Yes plants in a desert area would look more like this, pointy and sharp and hard. Not lush and big broad leaves.
I understand you want the area near the rivers to be lush and that's okay because it's not actually desert it's riparian.

I am afraid of the blocks I see in the background. I am not familiar with them and I am afraid of things with which I am not familiar.

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on March 29, 2019, 06:31:43 PM
Yes plants in a desert area would look more like this, pointy and sharp and hard. Not lush and big broad leaves.
I understand you want the area near the rivers to be lush and that's okay because it's not actually desert it's riparian.

I am afraid of the blocks I see in the background. I am not familiar with them and I am afraid of things with which I am not familiar.

i am doing the 2 theme, one luxurious, and one desert, hard and pointy lol
the question is : With which theme do i start ? starting with the pointy and sharp desert ? and what if i would love to start with the other, the nice beautiful new life on the shore of the Nile ? (for my citizens ?)

Here some CC Reeds :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I´m sure you´ll do the right thing. Do what makes fun to you.

To me, the reed looks a bit odd in a warm climate. Not the kind of reed where you can hide a baby Moses. But I´m not so familiar with the kind of plants that grows in that area so they might be right after all.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 30, 2019, 01:20:59 AM
I´m sure you´ll do the right thing. Do what makes fun to you.

To me, the reed looks a bit odd in a warm climate. Not the kind of reed where you can hide a baby Moses. But I´m not so familiar with the kind of plants that grows in that area so they might be right after all.

yeah they look "Hey i am a candy, pick me up!" :)
but more things to come ! Here a non-final grass/shrubs incomming that will add to it :)
Kinda the version 2.0 of the fodder :)

MissyHissy

Those trees look amazing. Love the feel you're going for here.  ;D

Nilla

yes, that looks more like I imagine it.

RedKetchup

i started to add flowers to RotP  :) new flowers meshes  :)

Look at this ! Look at this. This is just not wonderful and awesome ?? I personally ... the look of it, all graphical work is just ... GODLY !

MissyHissy

donwolfkonecny

Papyrus grows along the Egyptian river

RedKetchup

i know ! this is one of the 2 next thing to do. the Papyrus and the Limestone.

Jinxiewinxie

Hype hype hype! The environment is spot on =D

RedKetchup

i know it can be better but ... after 4th tries, 4th draw, i am ok with the papyrus i see now in game.

Glenn

donwolfkonecny

Looks like papyrus to me.
Looking at the landscape, I have to wonder, next will you do dinosaurs???