News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zak4862

Found them! Allready download them. Beautiful work. Thank you.
   Regards    zak4862    8) :)

embx61

Uploaded new versions of the Unified Mod, EB Village, EB Village Storage, EB Village Resources Production, EB Village Services, and EB Village Food Production.
Long ago there was a crash mentioned when the Food trader boat docked at the Food trader. In that time I was not really active anymore and I forgot about it when I picked up modding again.
But re reading some old threads I saw it again and went over the code and found the bugger.
There was a double TradeScale _tradeScale written in that template file  :-[

The bug is fixed! I did a test and the food trader just docks without a crash.
So three mods where affected Unified, EB Village, and EB Village Storage what all contain the traders and so have the fix implemented in those three mods. The others are just the radius circle fixes.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

That was me that mentioned the food trader crash. Or maybe it was others, too. I was very confused by it because a previous version (or was it a beta?) worked fine, but then suddenly it stopped working. Good to know it is now fixed.  :)

zak4862

Hello there!
I have just one question. I have noticed in your village food production download, changelog notice about radius.
Is it for all of them or just for one - and is it bigger or smaller?
Thank you for your answer in advance and also thanks again for sharing all of your work.
    Greetings from Slovenia to States   zak4862  :)

P.S. Sorry to bother you, but the link for modular food production (fisherman,gatherer,hunter....) leads to town buildings service pkm (town hall,church....).
        Regards again  zak4862  :(  ;)

tuggistar

Thanks to the full update of all mods to the latest version embx61. Now I can play with your buildings again, except (EB Ground Irrigation System). But this mod can wait. Thanks a lot again. And good luck with the new creations. :)

embx61

Fixed the downloads for Food Production and Services.

Some circles code was "forgotten" in some template files so I fixed it because some players want to have the circles to see how Happiness is evolving.
No it is not for all buildings because lots of buildings not have happiness so a circle would be just annoying.

But I added the circles for all buildings what do need it like SVChapel, Quarry, Mines, gatherer, forester etc.
The radius was set but as I said i forgot some ui circle code and not changed radius.

Yeah, Ground Irrigation I would not load. I will see some later if i pick it up again and make it compatible.

embx61

Yeah, all mods I support are have newer versions so with that out of the way I can go back to modelling. The rest of the mods are mostly separate buildings which are later included in the several sets I made so not really needed anymore and probably have some old code so will at least screw up the toolbars. Some are overrides and not need updating as they have no toolbar code.
1 file is a spreadsheet with all the production numbers, work time, trade values, etc. from the resources/buildings I added over the years.

Need MS Excel or a similar spreadsheet program to view that file what I adapted after getting permission from @estherhb to use her spreadsheet she made for CC. :)

embx61

Working on a Modular Forester House where a Forester Shed can be attached to.
Each have their own footprint so a house and a forester combined if both are build.
Still have to do some clean up, build stages and AO mapping.

House is 4x5 including road and the attached shed will be 2x5 including road so combined 6x5.

The shed is open on one side so not designed to be placed by itself. It is possible of course but will look very weird.
The house can be placed by itself and there are even 2 windows now hidden by the atttached shed.
Best is to place the shed as in the picture on the right side of the house when the door is at the front because rotation or placing on other sides of the house will either leave a cap and/or the roofs are way off.

I will some later probably design a modular gatherings and hunters hut too.
Storage I will have to think over if I add it later or not. But the wasted space of the vanilla Forester building will be hopefully better with this setup.

rkelly17

@embx61, what a brilliant idea! I can see this foresters' house and shed being very, very handy. Also the gatherers and hunters, too. I would use all three in every settlement, since they ought to up everyone's production. Does the foresters' shed employ 4 and produce in line with the vanilla forester? Maybe a wood cutting shed, too?

PS: I do like the tower in the vanilla foresters' hut. Look out for forest fires and such, eh? Any chance of the shed gaining a tower?

embx61

I can probably add a tower as the shed is (too?) small anyway but the footprint will be a bit larger but it is rather small anyway (5x6 total now) so not really a big issue if the footprint will get some extra squares (5x8)
I think the vanilla forester is about that size anyway.

The idea is not new, and many times players ask to do something about those vanilla buildings what are just a footprint, but i never got to it but others have. There are several ways to do this kind of thing.
Using Red's overlap, ghosting, a mix of both, or just using two buildings and line them up right so they attach to each other and that is what I choose.

Woodcutter with a house I will do too and a Herbalist is also possible.

Yes the forester will be acting like the Vanilla one.

embx61

Added a tower at the request of @rkelly17 and I agree, a tower is nice :)
Footprint total will be 8x5 including roads so a bit bigger then Vanilla Forester which is 6x5

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_01_08_18_9_32_08.jpeg
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

kid1293

Nice roof  ;)

I like the idea and absolutely think you should take it with you
and make other forest buildings!

embx61

@kid1293

I promised you to use the vanilla roof sometime.  ;D
Yeps, going to develop some more. A gatherer, hunter, herbalist and woodcutter.
First finish this one and release and do the others one by one in between my other stuff.

Later if all are done I will also compile them all together in a little set.

kid1293

brads3

EB can i be greedy? can you close the bottom 1/3rd to half of the tower. split it as a single mod and have it be an option to use as a herbalist,gatherer or hunter.