Dialog/RKtoolbar.png
Dialog/RKtoolbarSpriteSheet.rsc
Dialog/RKtoolbarSpriteSheetMaterial.rsc
Dialog/RKtoolbarSpriteSheetTexture.rsc
Dialog/RKtoolbarStringTable.rsc

+ an extra toolbar  which set on my RKtoolbar
Dialog/RKhousing.png

And i ve compiled and placed the .pkm in my winData

started the game and chose only these 2 mods....

And you can see your Necora "NE" icon next to mine "RK".
and inside of each moddler icon we have each 1 mod ( BeachParty for you .... Country house for me :) ^^ )

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

@RedKetchup ... Yes!! I just did exactly the same. I extracted the PEI shore set from the maritimes mod and used that for the 'Necora' tool bar and used the trapper for the 'Red' tool bar, and did the exact same thing.

RedKetchup

CommonToolbar Icon Kit.

Place this kit inside all your mods. (along with your PersonalToolbar Icon kit)
This is the common icon toolbar "at the base of the main toolbar" for all the moddlers.
All the moddlers will have all their personal Icon and will set all their mods on their personal toolbar.

ENJOY !!

PersonalToolbar Icon Kit

Do your personal Icon kit and place it inside all your mods. (along with the CommonToolbar Icon kit)
This is your personal icon toolbar "at the base of the Common Toolbar" for all your mods.
All the moddlers will have all their own personal Icon and will set all their mods on their personal toolbar.

ENJOY !!

i provide 2 examples: Personal NecoraToolbar Icon Kit.zip and Personal RedketchupToolbar Icon Kit.zip
to help you to get an idea of how to set up your own personal toolbar icon kit. (dont put other people personal kit in your mods, this is their icon. You , you will do your own one.)

when you will do a mod, you will ask to go sit on your own personal Icon (instead to go sit anywhere else in the vanilla toolbars)

like for example, my mods will be :
   Toolbar _parent = "Game\RKToolbar.rsc:RKtoolbar";   
or
   Toolbar _parent = "Game\RKToolbar.rsc:RKhousing";   

and Necora will put:
   Toolbar _parent = "Game\NecoraToolbar.rsc:NecoraToolbar";   
or
   Toolbar _parent = "Game\NecoraToolbar.rsc:Necorahousing";   

if you need sub toolbars... you set it up inside your personal toolbar :) (like those "housing" )

RedKetchup

@Necora  yup working GREAT !

this is so AWESOME !!
Thanks you Necora for this major Discovery !

Necora

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 12, 2017, 09:14:53 PM
@Necora  yup working GREAT !

this is so AWESOME !!
Thanks you Necora for this major Discovery !

Yay! I contributed something!

Ha no worries my friend, I'm glad it worked!

And I will add to the post above, the string entries and sprite icon of the common tool bar were just things I thought up quick and the treasure chest something I found off a google image search... I thought a treasure chest would be most appropriate for this menu item after all it is a treasure of mods to be found inside!

So if you want to change the icon or strings, then I have no objection to that. We could probably change the strings to make the description a bit more interesting, I just wrote 'Mod Collections', seems a bit bland for such a cool menu!

RedKetchup

i was about to do it when i was in my tonight game.... but when i saw yours... i found it very OK... so i didnt made another one.
i passed a good hour asking myself ... how i should do that icon ^^ i wanted to do something awesome... in this very small 32x32 space lol
(something like [MOD] with some flames ^^)

TheOtherMicheal

So not only do we have some really great mods coming from people lately, we also have a major revelation about the game that will make the toolbar easier for everyone. Fantastic discovery @Necora and fantastic job @RedKetchup for the independent testing.

Necora

Go right ahead, a custom made icon is way better than something I found on google image, plus everything is better with flames!

elemental

So as someone who is sitting here watching you wizards talk in language that I don't understand... does the modular mod trick still work under the common mod menu? I'm guessing that it probably does, but that's just a a guess.

If yes, these two new tricks combined together have the potential to change how modders create/offer their content and also how they handle updates. Small downloads and updates instead of major new releases. New content piece by piece instead of in huge chunks. And players will be able to pick and choose what they want to use and what they want to leave out.

But it might still be good to have larger combined mods just to keep the in-game mod menu from getting bloated with dozens of small mods.

The treasure chest icon is a good idea, but maybe it should be more simple/less ornate? I couldn't tell what it was until I saw Red's zoomed in pic. The vanilla toolbar icons are very simple and flat, so a chest that matches those might look like it belongs a bit more. CC uses that fleur de lis icon for their themed sets menu and it fits in very well.

RedKetchup

all individual "part" or "chunk" still need to be stand alone without crashing.... yes at certain point, alot can be modular, till it has everything to work.

i agree though, the mod list in mod window can 2x 3x 5 x lol (imagine if i split NMT in 12 "parts" and CC split it in 36 "parts" lol

talking of icons .... haha my toolbar is filling quickly !!

Necora

Quote from: elemental on February 12, 2017, 09:46:25 PM
So as someone who is sitting here watching you wizards talk in language that I don't understand... does the modular mod trick still work under the common mod menu? I'm guessing that it probably does, but that's just a a guess.

If yes, these two new tricks combined together have the potential to change how modders create/offer their content and also how they handle updates. Small downloads and updates instead of major new releases. New content piece by piece instead of in huge chunks. And players will be able to pick and choose what they want to use and what they want to leave out.

But it might still be good to have larger combined mods just to keep the in-game mod menu from getting bloated with dozens of small mods.

The treasure chest icon is a good idea, but maybe it should be more simple/less ornate? I couldn't tell what it was until I saw Red's zoomed in pic. The vanilla toolbar icons are very simple and flat, so a chest that matches those might look like it belongs a bit more. CC uses that fleur de lis icon for their themed sets menu and it fits in very well.

I'm not sure what you mean by modular trick...

And for the icon, if anyone has been keeping up with the Maritimes dev thread at BL, you'll know that creativity with toolbar icons and other sprites is something I severely lack. So if someone wants to re-design this icon either as a simpler treasure chest or as something new and awesome, please do!

@RedKetchup wow! I can't wait to get mine all made into smaller parts! That toolbar is going to be heavy!

RedKetchup

i didnt "broke' NMT apart yet lol
i didnt made as many as CC crew... but i made alot, very alot :) it is just .... they all in small mods ^^

i ll check tomm for a new icon.... but if anyone want to do too .... we will take the best one :)

elemental

Quote from: Necora on February 12, 2017, 10:01:12 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by modular trick...

And for the icon, if anyone has been keeping up with the Maritimes dev thread at BL, you'll know that creativity with toolbar icons and other sprites is something I severely lack. So if someone wants to re-design this icon either as a simpler treasure chest or as something new and awesome, please do!

Icons are very hard to do! 32x32 is tiny, and it's best if they are white only. I had to make icons for my slowly-evolving plants mod and I just could not do it without using colour.

But here's a little chest I found on google and modified. I don't know if it will look any good but you're welcome to use it if you think it's OK.

Jpg version so everyone can see it here, and transparent png if you want to use it.

elemental

Now I don't know if I like your chest better or mine...

I like the idea of a chest icon, but what about something else? A diamond? A star? A circle? I don't know...

RedKetchup

tomm i ll try to make a [MOD] with some flames .... not sure if i can make it fit in 32x32 ^^