News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4:Clermott

Started by brads3, May 04, 2020, 08:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

mod adjustments- added CC orchard forests,stables mod;removed doubles of KID's farmyards, disabled Nordic climate, put safety mod back in,upgraded the Crystal Cliffs mod.
mod count 128,

before i start this map,i'll go thru this mod order for you all. there are new players and others have had issues trying to add mods mid-game. some players change mod orders from game to game. i prefer not to do that. i'd rather keep most of the mod order the same with some exceptions. i change the climate at times with TOM's Nordic Landscape mod. this mod gives a harsher climate,basically moves the map 500 miles father north.
due to the limits of my computer, i do have to move mods in and out to use some bigger mods like the main CC mods.

the mod manager has made setting mod orders so much easier. what used to take hours of moving 1 mod up the order 1 click at a time now takes a few minutes. you can clear the mod registry and reinstall the order in seconds between maps as long as you saved a copy.the manager is handy at keeping a copy of the order for different maps. we now have the ability to drag mods up and down the list instead of clicking to move 1 at a time. it is a super tool.   

some of these mods are very touchy about where they are placed.  i use the RKEC as the main mod. mods above this affect the start settings or make changes before the RKEC loads to the game. mods below the RKEC add to it . that is the general rule to setting any mod order. with the DSIM mod, i added secveral radius color mods. these help see the affects for the happiness system. note these do not work for all mods.some modded buildings don't even have a radius added to them.

KID's override education patch works much like TOM's education from the North mod. this makes several changes that fit my playstyle and prevents affects from the DSIM mod. with my Settling America series,i take nomads. these nomads are sent to the maps with some training and purpose. since nomads are sent by the game without education,this patch helps balance that.with the DSIM, you need to build villages to keep the bannies happy. this patch corrects that giving the player more flxability. the way the game loads mods and the way mods are coded, not every mod is affected by the DSIM. KID's patch doesn't override all the DSIM affects to the Ds buildings and some others.this patch saves me from issues and gives a much better balance. the maps do seem to use more firewood and tools but the farms are improved to compensate.

RKEC townhall-this patch fixes issues of townhalls from Necora and RED's mods. Fortget about Orchards-this is to improve the ordchards allowing them to produce food sooner.this does not help all of RED's orchards.New Pine Flora-this adds the pine and TANDY's flora  items to the maps. this gives trapping and wild bee hives.Crystal Cliffs-this patches the Pine and RKEC together.with this,RED's starts can be used with the Pine mod without crashes.PINE Set- combined with the others,the PINE mod brings trapping,different gathering items, and buildings for maple sap and even turpentine. .SeasonFX-i use this to give a plowed look to the crop fields. this group of mods is highly critical in their placement. you could leave the orchard and SeasonFX out, but the others are needed to get the most affects from the Pine mod and not have issues.they must be in this order to fully work and have all of RED's starts function. note-there is a delay to the spawning from the PINE mod of several years. in testing, run the map 5 years to be sure it does not crash. it will not with this setup but I have seen 3way mod conflicts since the 1.07 upgrade.   

KID's Forest Outpost NATDIV version-this allows houses to burn the fodder grass as fuel. a few buildings will require thatch-fodder to be built. you will not have barns filling with the fodder with this mod.My Precious-this has to run on 1.06 limits hence it loads above the RKEC.the livestock mods change the outputs of fertilizer and bring the ability to trade horses. RED's woodbutcher-changes the texture to a more rustic look.KID's Gothic Farm-this patches honey so it can be used by KID's workplaces without conflicts. KID's Westward HO wagons-gives a more wild look to the wild bison,does not affect the pastured bison.

now i said "general rules" . there are exceptions. the Blacksmith tools and mini buildings are exceptions. these give the ability to make different tools.thou the BS tools is a start mod,it must go below the RKEC or it upsets the RK blacksmith.DSIM-i put this as high as i can to give the most affects to the rest of the mods.loading the DSIM above the RKEC changes the start map. even without the DS minerals spawning to the map,you can use the pits and mines.

CC Stable mod- adds domestic animals used by  the Crystal Cliffs mod.note this mod solves an issue with oats.note add this below RKEC to solve grain issues between RKEC and Crystal Cliffs.

below this point, i group mods by modder. i have dot icons for EB's canal mods.changes to his group order can change which mod icons are dots.the mods work without issue. KID's group is set to give words for the theme icon to his toollbar.

note- with this setup,pine items do not clear with the clear food under RED's starts, the crystal cliffs stable does not use the oats.to get domestic animals with oats use the CC stables.wild oats does not clear with the clear food tool either. under different start settings ,you may get different results. this is the give and take to this setup.

for more info on setting up mod orders check the tips pages. there is a post for organizing mod orders there.

[Misc]
Description=RKEC DSIM |RK 1.3 K full setup||| 1.05 pine mod w/ Crystal Cliffs as a patch||improved  education
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
Radius=1
HappinessRadius=1
UnhappinessRadius=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
overrideUneducated=1
ProperTime=1
banishedUImaps=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
SafetyHole=1
RKECtownhall=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
NewPineFlora=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
MaritimesPineSet=1
SeasonFX=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
LivestockForTrade=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
DSIndustryMining=1
DSStythTower=1
DSStoneHovels=1
DSNeubertSmithShop=1
DSLogHomes=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSFulbertWrightHousing=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMarkets=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBStatueTrapper=1
EBWinery=1
EBIrrigation=1
EBIrrigationNatural=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
EBSVBeachDeco=1
EBSVBeachLarge=1
EBSVBeach=1
KidPortableMineRKEC=1
KidFarmyard=1
KidWorkshop=1
KidSettlersDeco=1
KidRailway=1
ChopChop=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
ForestCombo=1
DungPile=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
college=1
ChooChoo=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
DecorativeItems=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
CityRoads=1
FlyFishing=1
Charburner=1
NordicWarehouse=1
Hunting=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
NewTrees=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
GrowRoots=1
Terraform=1
CCOrchardForesters=1
CCDocks=1
CCFrontier=1
MarbleQuarry=1
Stable=1
SmallTipi=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1

brads3

Clermott,485662695,pine wood valley,medium,fair,no disasters,medium 3   1 livestock(red dairy cows) and 2 crops seeds( sorghum and barley),no orchard

goal- take all nomads,fill a medium map, build a fully functioing colonial town with the DS factories.

well we did get a grain, but no other seed. 1st thing i do is pause the game,save twice. the double save points are important in case 1 is corrupt,you have a backup. they are helpful if there are issues or crashes as well. i don't use autosaves.

check the seeds and look around.there are some mountains for mines to the east and west.we start in the middle of 2 lakes. with this start spot, i'll build a trading fort to launch workers from.this is the 3rd attempt to run this map with mod adjustments to the order.

we clear 2 fields for the barley.i won't use the sorghum. a small 10x16 holding pen will work for the red cows.we send a hunter out for the wild bison. we clear a 25x20 area for the fort base and build 2 EB houses and the barracks. a chop chop wood cutter gives us flexability to make firewood or lumber. 2 mini workshops make rough tools and leather coats.

the bannies built a mini townhall to bring in more help.this will bring nomads every few years. the randomness adds some realism to the game.
we never saw snow.with the warm weather,the bannies quickly started work on markets.an EB material market will bring in the many goods for trading.KID's corner store will keep the bannies supplied.these smart bannies did enuf trapping to bring in 6 furs.the markets won't be worked for the moment but we do want the added storage space.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start
pic 3:mini workshops
pic 4: year 1       

brads3

YEAR 2

now that we have the EB market,i can increase the limits.add a zero to the logs,stone,minerals, and textiles and herbs.this saves having to worry about overfilling the work pile.as soon as the blacksmith hits the tool limit,it is raised a click to 150 tools.

a post office and 2 houses are finished. everyone moved out of the barracks.now that everyone has a house, this map moves along well.

pic :markets and housing completed

brads3

YEAR 3

we will start work on 2 bridges to access more land. a DS stone bridge to the north will open land for farming. a DS covered bridge to the west will open land for a future production town. for now, these areas will give us more logs and food.

now, we have time to work on the fort security and gates. the gate towers work to send explorers out who bring back meat.the food limit is increased to 15,000.

pic 1:west gate
pic 2: north gate
pic 3: east gate

brads3

YEAR 4

in early summer,our help arrives. a group of 6.2 couples an ,11 year old, and a 2 year old.1 family will clear a farm to the north. they even brought some garden seeds to plant beans and cabbage. the other couple will expand the fort.1 is a Dr.we also add a fishing pier to the fort.the mayor's office is also completed.

pic 1:north farm near a peach tree farmyard
pic 2:doc's office
pic 3:fort fishing pier

brads3

YEAR 5

since we have trapping,we extend the north gate and add the tailor.this will make fur coats for trading.a worker is sent to the corner market.
the wood cutter cuts lumber half the year and firewood the other half.

work starts on the trading center. a CC quartermaster will bring supplies and be a dock for more help to arrive. a RK farm trade post is built next to it.

pic 1:inventory-note we do have some pelts and have had items from the pine mod. laborers did bring in some oats and RED's berries as well.
pic 2:fort tailor added to north gate
pic 3:CC quarter master and RED's farm trade post,the supplies from the quartermaster can be used as a trade good.

brads3

YEAR 6

next step is to move the cows out of the holding pen. a 11x16 pasture is cleared near the north farm.it took a lot of logs to build the fort walls.the bannies have been busy clearing trees.

the trading post is stocked with military supplies from the quartermaster, some leather coats, and the warm fur coats.   

YEAR 7

in mid summer, a couple arrive.they establish a forest to the south to provide our needed logs.a KID tiny forester and gatherer are built. these are very handy since they include their own storage space. they live in a plymouth house.   

pic 1:new dairy pasture
pic 2: KID tiny forest

brads3

YEAR 8 and 9

we take the year to build resources.trees are cut and iron ore collected.we stockpile food and textiles.the woodcutter took time to cut more lumber.

there is a lot to build. to the east will be the DS production buildings. some of those work with a railroad.zoning a railroad to the west of the south lake will be the shortest route to the map edge. the DS buildings will take some time to build. farms are planned between the rivers to the north.farther north and along the south edge, forests will supply logs. the colonial town will expand both sides of the fort. EB's lather chain will be built as well as parts of the my precious mod.

this gives lots of area to be flexible depending on what the bannies do themselves.

while we wait for the next group to arrive,the fort magazine is built to provide more storage for trading.a couple grew up and built a house behind it.the food limit is raised to 25,000,clothing and tools to 250.

pic1: fort magazine storage

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

population 48,with 21 children.  8 helpers arrived.we have 9 houses and the barracks. housing looks behind due to the teenage helpers and some some single males living with their parents.we pushed foor reserves since we will need that to support the production buildings. other resource limits have been increased.

we did accomplish a lot. we produce fur and leather coats.we have a post office,mayor's office,Doc' office,and 2 markets. construction of the fort walls has started. the trading district is moving supplies. merchants brought goats and an odd seed.the south forest supplies logs.

goals for the next 10 years? much depends on the nomad arrivals. we need to expand the farming to produce more vegetables. a 2nd forester will porbably be needed for more logs. i'd like to start construction on the town to the west.hopefully, 2 groups of help will arrive.

2 mod changes impacted the DS happiness system. i removed the Norseman and enabled proper time mod and the mine safety mod. happiness has not shown a dropoff. this will smooth the production outputs.between the DS IM and tree difference with the RKEC start, we do seem to be using more logs. the subtle changes won't override all buildings and the DSIM still has affects. the modders have gave us some nice controls to adjust how the mods affect games.

pic 1:stats
pic 2:production
pic 3:inventory
pic 4: food graph

brads3

YEAR 10

bannies have minds of their own. i built a house for the son of the farm couple. sure enough a different bannie moved in.another house is added behind the magazine. 2 of the single males are moved out from theri parent's. that trick didn't work either. a young 11 year old male moves in.

KID's forests work well with TANDY's flora additions. there has been  wild honey,rose hips,and some wild oats collected.they don't all show in the gathering list but do get collected.these are added by NECORA's flora patch.  a team of modders. the forester even stores thatch.

pic 1:outputs from the forest
pic 2: 2nd colonial added to the north farm

Nilla

So you are now back playing a bit more than lately. I hope it's a sign that you are alright.

There is a small trick if you want a certain youngster to move out, not foolproof, you might need to try several times and if this special youngster has a sibling, also adult, I wouldn't try it: Fakedemolish the house of that family just before the new house is done. If you are lucky the youngster will move into the new house and the patents will move back home. If the whole family moves into the new house, redo it.

brads3

good morning.how goes it over there? i know Sweden has everyone concerned since you didn't lockdown like everyone else.it is quiet where i am. we stay  home and use good PPE,goggles,gloves,and masks. when we do get out. based on what i hear,i think it is a calm before the storm type situation. think most governments are giving us lies for the case numbers.

we are starting to see some shortages of meat,due to the mat packing plants being shutdown with infected people. too much stuff came from CHINA,so i do think we are running out of more stuff than the people know. this month will be hard for most of the world.

if i force the bannies to move,they have a tendancy to make things worse. without a school,the 10 year olds help as laborers. they can move on their own but won't pair up for 5 more years. the farm couple has a son that is older with no female to pair with. he refuses to move out. when i try to move him,a different young male moves instead.

the fix for it is to build the school.then these bannies graduate and pair up at the same age. i delayed building the school to get the help. probably did delay it longer than i should have.

at the moment,we have more workers in the fort than jobs.with this mod order, we do burn firewood more. the extra help is handy for clearing logs and opening more land farther out.it does work out, but takes a few years.

brads3

YEAR 11 to 13

a 9 year old waundered around the north lake.he gets lots and it too weak by the time he is found. we have our 1st death. a group of 7 arrive.
2 couples,2 young workers,and a 7year old. they have horses that will help haul supplies.1 family will clear a hay field across the river from the fort. this will supply fodder-thatch that can back up our firewood. it is the fastest route to a forest for more logs. the other family builds a cottage nearby and tends to the horses and gathers food and herbs from the hay field.

the 2 younsters decide not to move from  the barracks. 1 moved to the north farms.of course it had to be the female to slow the moves down more. a field is plowed and a 16x16 pasture for the longhorns is fenced. another house is built near the hay field to empty the barracks.CC barn gives the field workers more storage.

we trade for 2 longhorn cows. the food limit was raised to 35,000.

pic 1:fodder meadow
pic 2: longhorn pasture

brads3

YEAR  14

several children have aged up to help as laborers. it will be a few years before they move from their parents' houses.since we have the extra help,we continue clearing land and adding to our resources.slowly as they hit 15 years of age ,the bannies will move and pair up.

the trading post is extended,adding a colonial general TP.this will give us more options and bring more merchant boats. fur coats,flowers,and military supplies are stocked at the farm TP. flowers,leather coats and more military supplies will be stocked wt the general TP. more coats will be made.

a fort butcher is added to the east gate. he can begin cutting wild boar or bear meat.the north farms adds a 4th colonial house and a beekeeper.

pic 1:extended TP with a colonial general
pic 2:fort butcher added to the east gate
pic 3: beekeeper

brads3

YEAR 15 and 16

a plantation school is built. we have enough laborrers and  should have more help arriving soon.sure enough,11 nomads arrive while work is being done on the school.2 families,a widowed father and his children,and some teens. 7 workers and 4 children.4 will dig a mine.1 family will move to the north farms.

a field is plowed for the veggy seeds.the widower moved there.an EB salt mine is dug. 2 will work the salt mine while 3 more dig a KID gold mine.  several small colonial houses were built for the workers.

a 2nd tiny forest is planted west of the hay meadow.

we acquired veggy seeds.

pic 1: veggy field and sorting shed
pic 2:EB salt mine
pic 3:KID gold mine