News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Accepting nomads & citizens stranded

Started by Jewels8, March 31, 2018, 01:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewels8

Almost every map I have started recently this has been happening, I accept nomads and within a minute or so I get alerts of homeless and low tools, I locate the stranded bannies and have to build bridges immediately with the debug just for them to survive and return home! If anyone can let me know how to stop this from happening? Just finding it annoying!

brads3

different map. what mod are you using? this is as much about luck than anything.
      usually, i use the mini townhall to pull nomads.it doesn't require a trade post. early in game i push limits on tools and clothing up.and get the food reserve up as well,before taking the nomads. 1 thing that is a "cheat" but does help is debug some cheap bridges when you do find the nomads so far off.

Jewels8

@Brad3  I may have well stocked tools and food etc it happens regardless! After I have enough resources do I put in a trading post followed by and I mainly use town arrival for stats and to accept nomads, a nomad well or a sign and later in midgame I place a proper town hall. The mods I use in this order;

Horse wagon
Increased CC
Ridiculous storage
Busy pastures
Extra leather
Better fields
Hot crops
RK Editors choice or DS terrains & climates enabled or disabled, one or the other
Flax patch
New pine flora
New flora
Pine set
Natural Div 1.01
Megamod 8 RC2 1
Megamod 8 RC2 2
Megamod 8 RC2 3

brads3

flax,flora,pine,and nat div all should be higher in order. i do think your issue is luck though.

Paegin

What I do, is when the map first comes up, I pause, then check every possible creek and river, and place bridges on them for building. Bannies will auto build them as they can. You might want to wait a season or two before putting up whatever building you have that attracts them, give your bannies time to build them. But unless you have a ton of creeks, you should have ways for any nomads to reach you, no matter what direction they come from by year 2.

Jewels8

That's what I have started to do too @Paegin and learning early on to place cheap bridges so it's not a problem just thought it was a bug but as you said @Brad3 it comes probably down to luck!...My order of mods hasn't been a problem in any other respect, you say placed higher in order as in higher above what the..
Increased CC
Ridiculous storage
Busy pastures
Extra leather
Better fields
Hot crops

or above
RK Editors choice or DS terrains & climates??

Gatherer

Quote from: Jewels8 on March 31, 2018, 01:37:29 PM
I accept nomads and within a minute or so I get alerts of homeless and low tools, I locate the stranded bannies and have to build bridges immediately with the debug just for them to survive and return home! If anyone can let me know how to stop this from happening?

This is the part I do not understand completely. If you accepted nomads that means they should be located near your nomad attractor (town hall, well,...). Within your settlement. They should not be stranded across the river.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

to get the most out of those mods,yes they should be above the RK or Ds start mods at least.preferably all the way to the top.everything from theose to the MM mods in your list. be advised though that with the order i have at the moment there is some conflicts with the RK mod. i am also using the North with my setup. the items from the pine and nat div mod are tagging strange and not being collected per the clear food tool. the extra anijmals and ores that the RK adds do not appear.there is a texture change of thatch and fodder as well. this is one of those cases where mod order changes will give differences.it is a players preference ,but remember the way you have it set many of the items won't appear on the map.

brads3

@Gatherer  i wonder if that can be modded out. it does happen though. there are a few nomad catchers that will ask you even when they nomads are stuck on the map edge.

Gatherer

@brads3  This is the first time I've ever heard of this. Which ones? I've used vanilla town hall, Kid's rowhouse town hall and nomad well, nomad town signs, nomad statue,... Never seen it happened myself.
Fiat panis.

brads3

maybe you have been lucky. i use the mini townhall usually. i have seen it with RED's lighthouse as well. CC larhe maps,valleys ,lake maps,etc.

Paegin

Before I started building the bridges right awy, I'd get nomads, but no nomads at my sign. I'd look and there they'd be, halfway across the map, stuck because no bridge spans the creek or river they are on the other side of. Nomad signs/buildings just add the nomad option. They can appear anywhere on the map, if there is no way for them to get to you via bridges.

Gatherer

Strange bug that they would appear in the nomad attractor UI panel if they can not reach the attractor themselves.
Fiat panis.

kid1293

It can happen with faulty points. Wrong name or so...
The game expects both create_001 and create_002 to spawn nomads right.
I had several old mods where I didn't know what to do. Nomads landed
all over the map. I got message but sometimes I couldn't find them.

The problem is maybe with points. But which mod is the culprit, I don't know.