News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Crash problem when Trader boat arrives

Started by KatD, March 19, 2018, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

euh what is that trader fix mod ? thats very very old, it was to fix a bug with 1.0.4 where the window wasnt expanding enough to be able to show all our 10,000 new resources back in the day!!

this is the real one which i included in RK Ed: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=280
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

that be the 1,RED.with that at the top of mod order,i have not seern a boat error.KAT what banished build are you using? at the bottom it should say version 1.07 build 107910. if so then what are your 5 topmost mods?

galensgranny

For @KatD , who did not add Red's Editor's choice mod, but just a few other mods, I think adding the New Vanilla TradingPost for 107 mod at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=280 would be a thing to do.  And put it at the top of the mod list as it's instructions say.

From past posts of Kat, it is likely she added Kid's Bakery and Garden mod, Kid's Animal Shed SA 2, and Kid's Workplace V1.6 mod.  Since some of those add some food items not in the original Banished game, I wonder if that is why the vanilla trading post crashes when the New Vanilla TradingPost for 107 mod has not been added.

So I suggest trying adding the New Vanilla TradingPost mod, then start a new game and see if that fixes the problem.

For me, with Red's Editor's Choice 11 installed, but not towards the top since I was doing some different combination of mods and start conditions, sort of like how Brad has been experimenting, I still get the Red's Editor's Choice trading post crash if I click on it.  So now, I will try enabling the New Vanilla TradingPost for 107 and put it at the top of the mod list, even though Red said he included it in Editor's Choice, and I will see what happens.

However, when using Embx's trading post included in his EB Unified Mod, I never get a crash and it is bringing items such as copper that is needed in Red's Editor's Choice even though EB made his mod before Red's made his mod.  So for some reason, even when having a mix of advanced mods that change starting conditions as I have (Editor's Choice, Necora's Pine mod, Multiple Starts by Tikaszar (from some other mod site), some CC stand alone mods), Embx's trading post never crashes.

KatD

@RedKetchup thank you for the link.

@brads3  I am running 10.7 170910 and my top 5 mods are green and are: Tighter Roads. 1:1 aging. All Mining. Banished UI:Mod and More Terrain.
I have a few red at the bottom, but regardless of which I remove they all stay red so I just remove them so they don't load.

@galengranny I didn't add Kids Bakery etc as I wasn't sure how to add them. When I did work it out I added just horses and pigs.... as they are a trade do you think they caused the issue? I didn't get a chance to add them to the game as the Trader never brought me any. I did remove them and the problem continued.

I have tried removing all mods and it continued to crash.

I will give EB Unified Mod a go and if that doesn't work continues I think I will just give it up and move on to a different game for a while.

Thanks everyone.

galensgranny

@KatD ,  mods showing up in a red color in the list of mods does not mean there is a problem or conflict.   It might have in the past, or maybe on occasion it might now, but basically, ignore that.  Most of my mods are showing in red and they are fine together.  Why most mods now are showing in red is because the modders have been sharing some files to get some coordination between mods, or some other reason.  But the game program turns them red as if there might be a conflict when there is not.  So, just ignore the red color in the mod list.

I tried that tighter roads mod a long while ago and there was some sort of problem that I can't remember, but I took it out.  Maybe try not adding it back when you add mods back again. 

Are you clear now on how to add mods when downloading the files (not counting subscribing to mods from Steam)?  Just in case , since you use steam, you put the mod file in the windata folder on your main drive, which is probably C.   (Steam/steamapps/common/Banished/Windata).  What gets put into the windata folder is a file with the extension pkm.  So if you made a house mod, it would be katdhouse.pkm.  Some modders might have other files in a zipped large file, but just put in the pkm file. Maybe you know all this now, but I wasn't sure.

What I have learned is that even when we remove mods from windata folder, the computer still acts like it is there, by keeping in a list for Banished in the computer's registry.  I learned how to clean out the Banished section of the computer's registry to take out mods that are listed there that I no longer have in my Banished Windata folder.  Then Banished runs smoother for me and does  not take as long to load.  If you clean out the Banished section of the registry, then restart the computer, that might possibly fix your problem.

I think adding Embx's unified mod will be good.  His trading posts never give any problems.  Kid made some trading posts too which never gave a problem.  I am not sure his will have horses from the traders since the horses are some new thing.   The vanilla trading post is not needed if you have another one.

galensgranny

Regarding the horses and pigs, since they were added by modders, maybe the vanilla trading post doesn't like them in the game.  I don't know for sure.  I haven't used the vanilla trading post in a long time, not since Embx made a new one that looks nicer to me.   I also use Kid's mini trading posts with one just for seeds and one just for the vanilla animals.

It seems nice in a way to have horses in Banished, but they will just wind up being used to eat and for leather, basically being like a disguised cow from the vanilla game.

brads3

KAT,since you don't have the RK EC.mod try the compatability 1.07 from CC. some of the trade animal mods might not be updated to 1.07.that could be causing the trade boat crash.that is if the trading mod doesn't solve the issue. do not use the compatability mod with the RK,though. that will add blank tags to the inventory.

GRANNY,are you using the pine above the RK? i only saw a error when i had the north above the RK.testing without the north,the trading post would place and i could click on it. have you had luck with the multiple start mod? i tried it and threw it out. crop field outputs varied to much.

galensgranny

@brads3 , at first I did have the Pine mod above Red's Editor's Choice.  Now it is below.  I have not gotten to build the RK EC trading post yet in my new game, but will do so and see how it goes.

I am now playing the Medium Exodus from the Multiple Start mod, which starts with 30 families.  It is hard to get enough food so soon in the game for so many people, but it is fun and different.  I have some crops, but have no idea if the output is different from usual.  I had to have it above RK EC in order to get that particular start.

elemental

The EB Unified Mod makes my game when I build EB's trade ports. It's the same problem with the game crashing when a  boat arrives. Other trade ports from other mods work fine. The most recent UM was released before 1.07 was finalised so that might have something to do with it. I don't know if EB is ever coming back to Banished. Has anyone heard from him?

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on March 23, 2018, 01:06:32 AM
I don't know if EB is ever coming back to Banished. Has anyone heard from him?

nobody did :( i sent email a month just to know if he is fine.... and never got answer :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

Quote from: elemental on March 23, 2018, 01:06:32 AM
The EB Unified Mod makes my game when I build EB's trade ports. It's the same problem with the game crashing when a  boat arrives. Other trade ports from other mods work fine. The most recent UM was released before 1.07 was finalised so that might have something to do with it. I don't know if EB is ever coming back to Banished. Has anyone heard from him?

How strange that EB's trade ports from his unified mod work fine in my game, but not yours.  Must have something to do with different mods we have and their load order.  It's a good thing there are many trade ports from various modders so we can all find one that works in our games.

KatD

@brads3  @galensgranny @RedKetchup

Thank you everyone, I delete the vanilla trade point and now have KID mini trader and it worked fine! 5 hours gameplay and all well... I got brave and added the pigs and horses I wanted, along with KID mini houses and few other mods for greenhouses.  I did hold my breath as I was told not adding mods into a running game (ek sorry) But all is well...

Only thing I seem to have now, I am in 25 years, 116 population, storage full of meat and herbs and peeps are starving... is it a thing when the game gets to a certain age, as I have noticed this in my other worlds.... also leave it running for a hour came back everyone dead (I know they watch for when I leave and think, lets screw with her).... this is before I started adding mods.

Oh I had ducks too but they flew away... not funny.

Nilla

Quote from: KatD on March 23, 2018, 04:54:53 AM
@brads3  @galensgranny @RedKetchup
Only thing I seem to have now, I am in 25 years, 116 population, storage full of meat and herbs and peeps are starving... is it a thing when the game gets to a certain age, as I have noticed this in my other worlds.... also leave it running for a hour came back everyone dead (I know they watch for when I leave and think, lets screw with her).... this is before I started adding mods.

Can you explain this more; do you mean, that you have food in your stores and people still starve or do you mean, that you have (what you think) a lot of food, then suddenly is everything gone and people starve?

If it's the first, I can't really help you, there must be some kind of bug or you have built your settlement in a way, that some people can't reach the storage where the food is.

If it's the second, it can be a common mistake, more or less every beginner must learn how to handle. The population and the demand for food increases more than your food production. You must always be a bit ahead with your food production. There are two ways to check, that you're on the right track; If you store as much food as your Bannis need one year, you are safe. One Banni eat about 100 food each year, so for a population of 100, the food storage should be 10 000. You can also look at the menus from the town hall, there is one called "production" where you can see, how much of every category you have produced the last year and how much of each your Banished have used. To be safe your production should always be a little higher than the consummation. You can also look at the food graph, in the town hall. Your game is safe, if it grows all the time.

I'll show you the menus from my last game. I admit I have too much food (that's an illness of mine) 73 000 for 368 Bannis, too much, 36 800 would be enough. The graph look as it should; increasing all the time. The marked line in the production menu shows that I produced 52644 and used 47561 food last year. It's a healthy settlement.

KatD

@Nilla  Thanks for that Nilla, you were right, not enough food for 100pop