News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale

Started by canis39, June 20, 2014, 09:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canis39

Anyone get anything interesting so far in the Steam Summer Sale?  Or do you maybe have something that you are waiting to go on sale?

I've picked up a few games so far:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Wildlife Park 3
Vertiginous Golf
DLC for Rise of Venice
Rage

What I really have my eye on:

The Stomping Land
Spintires
Tropico 5

nmid

That's a good haul!

I recently purchased rimworld, gnormia, factorio... and democracy.
Have managed to only play rimworld so far, haven't played the others for even 30 mins.. in total.

I know if I do, I'll just spoil my opinion about the game and not give it the time I need.

Kaldir

I just bought Democracy 3, which I already had an eye on but was unsure of. I also gave in and bought Tropico 3 for € 2. I tried a demo before and didn't like it, but it has elements of fun in it. I'll give it a decent try some day. :D

canis39

I have not played any of the games I've bought, mostly thanks to real life and Banished.  But Steam sales for me are about collecting for a rainy day.

I picked up FIFA 13 from Amazon and installed that on Origin today, hoping to play some while I watch the World Cup.

Kaldir

And now Banished is 50% off, but that's not very useful to any on this forum, I guess. Unless to pull a family member over to the Banished side. :D

Only for the next 7 hours, I think.

salamander

Some might ask if going over to the Banished side is a good thing.  To these I say: Search your feelings ... you know it to be true.  ;)

mariesalias

My seven-year-old son really wanted Galactic Adventures for Spore ( he already had the base game and Creepy and Cute parts pack) but EA wants $30 for it which I refuse to pay. Luckily Steam has all three for $25. As a bonus, he won't have to log into Origin to play Spore anymore.

I have my eye on a few games for myself, but we'll see if I remember to get them or not.

Bole

I picked up Prison Architect and are alredy regreting this decision as it is highly addictive.

canis39

I've added Hitman: Absolution and The Stanley Parable.  Pretty excited about The Stanley Parable, especially for six bucks.

slink

Quote from: Bole on June 23, 2014, 12:39:59 PM
I picked up Prison Architect and are alredy regreting this decision as it is highly addictive.

Thanks for the mention of this game.  I bought it yesterday, although not on Steam.  It's definitely an alpha, but kind of fun.  Apparently one can mod it, although I am still learning to play the vanilla version.  I was up playing it until 1:30 AM this morning, which probably doesn't sound like much to young folks but I am normally in bed by 10:00 PM at the latest.  My first functional prison finally succumbed to a huge riot a few minutes ago.  I need to try it without regular delivery of prisoners.   :P

irrelevant

"Prison Architect!" I love it.

Quote from: slink on June 25, 2014, 07:58:05 PM
I was up playing it until 1:30 AM this morning, which probably doesn't sound like much to young folks but I am normally in bed by 10:00 PM at the latest. 

That's been my story pretty much every night for the past three weeks, since I got Banished running. One day, I'm pretty sure I'll need to sleep. But not this day!

Bole

QuoteThanks for the mention of this game.  I bought it yesterday, although not on Steam.  It's definitely an alpha, but kind of fun.  Apparently one can mod it, although I am still learning to play the vanilla version.  I was up playing it until 1:30 AM this morning, which probably doesn't sound like much to young folks but I am normally in bed by 10:00 PM at the latest.  My first functional prison finally succumbed to a huge riot a few minutes ago.  I need to try it without regular delivery of prisoners.   :P

Well, I did warn everyone that it is highly addictive :)

If is a fun little game but my problem with it is that ultimately you build a max security prison with 0 espaces, 0 murders, 0 injuries, and then you just start to mess around and see how much abuse you can impose until riot breaks out.

slink

Quote from: Bole on July 26, 2014, 07:41:35 AM

Well, I did warn everyone that it is highly addictive :)

If is a fun little game but my problem with it is that ultimately you build a max security prison with 0 espaces, 0 murders, 0 injuries, and then you just start to mess around and see how much abuse you can impose until riot breaks out.

When I got all of the accomplishments except the government bailout for going bankrupt, I decided to see how much cash I could accumulate by selling and rebuilding.  I'm on the third, or perhaps the fourth, prison in a row.  It only has room for 400 inmates but every inmate has his own TV and shower, along with his own bed and toilet.  I have not yet operated it with all 400 cells full, but I have admitted somewhere in the mid-300s and there have been no riots yet.  I have a net worth of about 2.5 million dollars.

Bole

canis39

Bole, I looked at that game - that's the top-down chariot-racing game, right? - but the reviews were decidedly mixed. Are you enjoying it so far?

GTA V and Far Cry 4 have both been announced as pre-orders for Steam...looks like I will need to add some more money to my Steam wallet!